What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
It wasn't the worst looking jersey and it does have some important Knights history attached to it.

flippikat

Bench
Another anomaly - how on earth do we see the first appearance of the Warriors home jersey in round 7??

I know in the early weeks of the comp it's still reasonably warm, and the home gear is mostly black.. but still.. what gives?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Same reason the Roosters gave.

And yes, the Roosters actually issued a statement on their website this week claiming their home strip will be back Round 9 and that they wore the white for heat/performance reasons.

Stinkler

Juniors
Looks like.the sharks are like the knight now, wearing their heritage strip as much as possible

The heritage strip is the only one with the Fisherman's Friend logo on it!

But seriously, if it's good for the Knights and Roosters, it's good for the Sharks. Unless the NRL make another ruling against the Sharks.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
And yes, the Roosters actually issued a statement on their website this week claiming their home strip will be back Round 9 and that they wore the white for heat/performance reasons.

maybe heat...cant say it helped their "performance" in any way

beagle

Juniors
Wests Tigers Pink jersey for 2012
Couldn't find a larger picture

PINJER1334142762_1.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Going by the godawful jerseys the Tigers have had in the last ten years (I can't think of one regular season jersey that I liked in that period) I'd say the club is as responsible as the Blades. I've had many a design compromised because a club admin thinks they know what looks better than I do. In the time the Tigers have been with Blades we've seen 4 garage home/away sets and heritage designs that range from completely made up to perfect (Magpies from the other week for example). Blades are capable of making classic designs going by some of the Tigers/Sharks training gear, its a real shame that rarely extend to playing gear.

docbrown

Coach
Going by the godawful jerseys the Tigers have had in the last ten years (I can't think of one regular season jersey that I liked in that period) I'd say the club is as responsible as the Blades. I've had many a design compromised because a club admin thinks they know what looks better than I do. In the time the Tigers have been with Blades we've seen 4 garage home/away sets and heritage designs that range from completely made up to perfect (Magpies from the other week for example). Blades are capable of making classic designs going by some of the Tigers/Sharks training gear, its a real shame that rarely extend to playing gear.

They should be wearing your Tigers jersey design.

GAZF

First Grade
They should be wearing your Tigers jersey design.

But that would acknowledge the history of the Magpies!

Seriously though, with a history of classic uniforms, the Tigers don't really need to forge ahead with their own identity. Take a little bit from both clubs and make it work together.

Apparently the current Tigers gear sells well so either the club is lying or the people here are in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts