What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Staff member
If Manly and Canberra play eachother in those 'ANZAC' jerseys, there's going to be missed tackles all over the place - no-one's going to be able to see the opposition..!

Could make for interesting tv viewing though. Just a white ball floating about back and forth up and down the field for 80mins.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
leads me to believe the word from the wise....

anyway. good for the sharks

maybe theyll do a new add where gallen gets belted in the face with a fish...
Maybe the Cronulla Sutherland Strepsils will bring Bird back and he can belt the Fishermans Friend girl with a fish...that's more their go.
Top shelf sponsorship right there....:roll:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
You idiot.

haha..you're the one supporting the Strepsils, CSS Sore-Throaters with their top flight sponsorship deals....lol
5 weeks and then it's netball for you and yours :roll:
Just go away and let a big peoples team in...
Thanks for your input - top cla$$

Goddo

Bench
All those cammo jersey's are an abomination. I'm all about paying respect to our fallen soldiers, returned servicemen and those currently in the armed services but why can't they do it with a ANZAC logo on the jersey or minute silence?
+1

beagle

Juniors
All those cammo jersey's are an abomination. I'm all about paying respect to our fallen soldiers, returned servicemen and those currently in the armed services but why can't they do it with a ANZAC logo on the jersey or minute silence?

Maybe something like this

picture.php

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Agree with the cammo jerseys - leave it at putting a slouch hat or an Army crest on every team's jersey, don't start what I'm seeing this year. Tacky tacky tacky.

Jubileeboy - admire your passion for the rivalry but bagging an NRL club (even if it is Cronulla) for getting a sponsor? :lol:

We should be pleased that we have sixteen fully sponsored NRL clubs in 2012. The market's tight and all CEO's and commercial depts in the club sphere have done phenomenally well.

It is getting on the cheap gimmicky side, I thought the whole point of ANZAC round is to pay repects to its fallen soldiers, not to dress up like them. Next year teams could be so camoflaged fans would have no idea whats going on.

I think the best way to commemorate the day is by having the ANZAC badges on the shoulders of every club, above the sponsor.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
What about a pic of a red poppy above the NRL logo on every teams jerseys that play on ANZAC day?

Last edited:

counterpuncher

Juniors
678441-darius-boyd.jpg

Rising sun on the guts was a bit of a miss for mine, but still reasonably subtle. I like what the Roosters did with small rising sun + RSL logo, or even the slouch hats Saints put on the shoulders a few years back.

Stinkler

Juniors
haha..you're the one supporting the Strepsils, CSS Sore-Throaters with their top flight sponsorship deals....lol
5 weeks and then it's netball for you and yours :roll:
Just go away and let a big peoples team in...
Thanks for your input - top cla$$

Can you thank the Dragons for me for their "top class" performance tonight? 0 points against a team who will be playing "netball" in 5 weeks time is a solid effort for a "big peoples team".

ME = :lol:
YOU = :oops:

100%green

Juniors
Love how people are bitching about jerseys like they are being forced to buy every one. Who gives a shit if a club has 1, 4, or 6 on the market? If you like all of them and can afford to buy them great, if nit then pick one and get it. If the clubs or the game makes more money of it good on them.

As a Raiders fan I'm glad the are doing a ANZAC jersey and I wis they were the only one. But once again if others want to and the various parties involved are happy to sign off on it then good in the teams for doing it!!!

Seriously give it a rest!!!!!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Can you thank the Dragons for me for their "top class" performance tonight? 0 points against a team who will be playing "netball" in 5 weeks time is a solid effort for a "big peoples team".

ME = :lol:
YOU = :oops:

Congrats on your grand final win there fella.
You went alright for a hopeless club. Well done :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've done the TV Counter in the draw release threads, thought I'd do a similar thing with jerseys.

JerseyCounter-R6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts