What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambretta

First Grade
Dear Wests Tigers

I was watching Castleford playing in the Challenge Cup this season and I saw these

11504.jpg

Home jersey

3634396841.jpg

Away jersey

Please take note of these and take a deep breath the next time you consider creating an abortion for your home and away jerseys

Yours sincerely

beave

Coach
That first jersey is exactly what they need to use or just thicken up the black stripe a bit more to give the black a bit more presence.

f**king sensational jersey, Wests are clowns for not going down a similar path.

innsaneink

Referee
Why though....if theres no dramas with jerseys clashing, the only other reason could be marketing?
National jumpers are somewhat sacred, theyre already commercialized...they dont need cheapening anymore by having a gold jumper with green Vs or a white with black Vs

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think he meant the other way, as in the NRL should look at club jerseys similar to national jerseys - home jersey all clubs unless there's a clear clash.

docbrown

Coach
I think he meant the other way, as in the NRL should look at club jerseys similar to national jerseys - home jersey all clubs unless there's a clear clash.

Yes agree.

Really unless both jerseys are really dark in colour or both light in colour and indistinguishable, clubs should be wearing their most iconic jersey.

Fire

First Grade
GAZF, I was looking at your web-site. Love how you put St George Bank under the red V instead of through it. Looks great!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Watching the QLD cup - Mackay Cutters v Easts Tigers. Both jerseys are exceptional, colours well defined, sponsors unintrusive numbers easy to read. If they can do it why not the NRL clubs?

And the footy is not too bad either.

GAZF

First Grade
Yes agree.

Really unless both jerseys are really dark in colour or both light in colour and indistinguishable, clubs should be wearing their most iconic jersey.

Agree entirely except that many clubs don't have iconic jerseys any more

• Broncos
  • Cowboys
  • Knights (actual home jersey)
  • PANTHERS
  • Raiders
  • Sea-Eagles
  • Sharks (actual home jersey)
  • Storm
  • TIGERS
  • Titans
  • Warriors

All currently have home jerseys that wont be in use in 5 years time.

Colour works fine,. Secondary shorts and socks (for the Bulldogs, for example) also allow teams to wear their

GAZF, I was looking at your web-site. Love how you put St George Bank under the red V instead of through it. Looks great!

If clubs are concerned about sponsors not being visible on the creased part of the chest, there's always the option of placing it lower like how the Roosters do (allows for a better proportioned V as well). What the Dragons have now is the next best option, miles better than just cutting the V off like Manly and Canberra. Squishing the sponsor upwards like the Tigers and Warriors looks terrible.

Watching the QLD cup - Mackay Cutters v Easts Tigers. Both jerseys are exceptional, colours well defined, sponsors unintrusive numbers easy to read. If they can do it why not the NRL clubs?

And the footy is not too bad either.

Because they'd look too professional, can't have that.

GAZF

First Grade
Dear Wests Tigers

I was watching Castleford playing in the Challenge Cup this season and I saw these

11504.jpg

Home jersey

3634396841.jpg

Away jersey

Please take note of these and take a deep breath the next time you consider creating an abortion for your home and away jerseys

Yours sincerely

Would work perfectly for the tigers, one orange , one black jersey. A white clash jersey if absolutely necessary.

GAZF

First Grade
They should open it to a member's vote and lock it in permanently.

If they want a jersey to mangle, mangle the away jersey.

I'm leaning more towards 5 years for home jerseys, 2-3 for away with strict enforcement of the rule (none of this "EVERY ROUND IS HERITAGE ROUND" nonsense). Clubs will think before adopting designs. If the standard isn't raised after 5 years then extend the period by one year and so on until they learn. The NRL would have last say on how sponsors appear on jerseys as well (no white boxes, minimum distance between team logo and chest sponsor for example).

Lambretta

First Grade
Would work perfectly for the tigers, one orange , one black jersey. A white clash jersey if absolutely necessary.

They're "traditional" without actually being copies of any previous Balmain or Wests jerseys and that still gives the club room to do a special "heritage" jersey. They incorporate all three colours and look great. Why Wests Tigers can't come up with a classical design that suits them is beyond me.

Their current home jersey looks like they stole the design from a competition by five year olds to design a high visibility shirt that would go down well with street cleaners in the ghetto.

The best that can be said of their current away jersey is that it's not bad and it's a damn sight better than the home one. Which is like saying a paedophile is a better baby sitter than a child killer.

innsaneink

Referee
They're "traditional" without actually being copies of any previous Balmain or Wests jerseys and that still gives the club room to do a special "heritage" jersey. They incorporate all three colours and look great. Why Wests Tigers can't come up with a classical design that suits them is beyond me.

Their current home jersey looks like they stole the design from a competition by five year olds to design a high visibility shirt that would go down well with street cleaners in the ghetto.

The best that can be said of their current away jersey is that it's not bad and it's a damn sight better than the home one. Which is like saying a paedophile is a better baby sitter than a child killer.

CEO Stephen Humphreys December 10 said:
http://www.nospam09.com/2010/12/10/tigers-change-jersey-as-billionaire-comes-on-board/
The new jerseys have shades of the club’s ties to both former NRL teams the Balmain Tigers, and the Western Suburbs Magpies, but also a mix between the merged club as they attempt to appeal to all fans from Balmain, the Western Suburbs, and their current fans.
“One of the issues has been that the black jumper was seen as a throwback to Western Suburbs and the orange one was seen as a throwback to Balmain,” Humphreys said.
“We kind of want to get a bit beyond that now and create something that is a Wests Tigers identity rather than a throwback.”
http://www.nospam09.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Heigho-Ryan-in-new-Tigers-jersey-300x168.jpg
Yes, I can really see shades of the magpies jersey in the one Ryans wearing. :roll:

Humptys a farkwit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts