What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Version 6

Staff member
He was saying that the previous jerseys were seen as throwbacks to Balmain and Wests.

The intention of the current jerseys was to move beyond that and have two Wests Tigers jerseys, instead of one "Balmain" jersey and one "Magpies" jersey.

Your comment about the Beau Ryan jersey implies that he said the opposite (that the current set are intended to be throwbacks... the Beau Ryan one to the Magpies in this case).

GAZF

First Grade
He was saying that the previous jerseys were seen as throwbacks to Balmain and Wests.

128px-Wests_Tigers_home_jersey_2008.svg.png
128px-Wests_Tigers_away_jersey_2008.svg.png

Nope.

Version 6

Staff member
And its quite sad that those are the best regular season jerseys that Wests have had since the joint venture...

innsaneink

Referee

The intention of the current jerseys was to move beyond that and have two Wests Tigers jerseys, instead of one "Balmain" jersey and one "Magpies" jersey.

Your comment about the Beau Ryan jersey implies that he said the opposite (that the current set are intended to be throwbacks... the Beau Ryan one to the Magpies in this case).

No...He said "The new jerseys have shades of the club’s ties to both former NRL teams the Balmain Tigers, and the Western Suburbs Magpies"
The one Ryan is wearing has no shade of anything about a Magpies jersey, the one Heighno is wearing is quite Balmain though.
Thats my point.

As GAZF posted, the previous jerseys were nothing like Wests or balmain ( which was how I liked it) ...but Humphreys and the new sponsor Triguboff made sure the new main jersey was a lot like balmain

200_1571003840127000.jpg
3667.jpg

Version 6

Staff member
No...He said "The new jerseys have shades of the club’s ties to both former NRL teams the Balmain Tigers, and the Western Suburbs Magpies"
The one Ryan is wearing has no shade of anything about a Magpies jersey, the one Heighno is wearing is quite Balmain though.
Thats my point.

As GAZF posted, the previous jerseys were nothing like Wests or balmain ( which was how I liked it) ...but Humphreys and the new sponsor Triguboff made sure the new main jersey was a lot like balmain

200_1571003840127000.jpg
3667.jpg

No, he didn't say that.

That was part of the article, but not part of the quote. That part is the journalists opinion. Not Humphreys

GAZF

First Grade
dont worry they'll find a way to make it necessary. they seem to have 6 new designs every year

If the Tigers were to have two decent (and fair to both sides) jerseys I would cop them having a third white jersey. Orange and black contrast enough to not need one though.

innsaneink

Referee
I quoted the wrong text

“One of the issues has been that the black jumper was seen as a throwback to Western Suburbs and the orange one was seen as a throwback to Balmain,” Humphreys said.
“We kind of want to get a bit beyond that now and create something that is a Wests Tigers identity rather than a throwback.”
They were no throwbacks, or whatever term he wants to use...they were nothing like Wests or Balmain ever had.

We kind of want to get a bit beyond that now and create something that is a Wests Tigers identity
200_1571003840127000.jpg

He's full of shit.

GAZF

First Grade
I quoted the wrong text

They were no throwbacks, or whatever term he wants to use...they were nothing like Wests or Balmain ever had.

200_1571003840127000.jpg

He's full of shit.

If anything, the current set is a throwback to some food poisoning Humphries had prior. He was literally full of shit when he made that decision.

meltiger

First Grade
I get the one identity stuff but Ink is right. That's a Balmain jersey.

Wish we wound just go three versions of the white 10 year jersey. THAT was the best deigned jersey the JV has worn.

Black home, Orange alternate, White away.

It's the simplest and best solution.

Who gives a flying if one looks line a Wests jersey and one Balmain. It's where we bloody come from

It's a difficult position for the Wests Tigers to be in. One hand they need to create a new identity as it's a new club and I'm sure there are people who have started following them in the past twelve years since the merger.
However, there is a need to embrace and recognise the history of both Wests and Balmain...

As an outsider, I'd like them to come out with something that is at least tasteful rather than the sh*te they've currently produced, something like the Cas shirts as already posted would idea.

Here's another good Cas shirt from 2000 that could be used by Wests.

castleford-tigers-special-rugby-shirt-2000-s_1186_1_500x400.jpg

Zigwaa

Bench
Another bad thing about the current Tigers jersey is the orange they are using looks awful, like a road worker.

They need to use the Balmain orange, I think the balmain orange is actually referred to as 'gold'.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
manlyanzacstrip.jpg

Pic courtesy FOX Sports News

No, I'm not kidding. This is what Manly's ANZAC Day strip looks like.

Looks like a kid had bubble gum ice-cream, threw it up on a cow. Not sure it's hit the "ANZAC" sorta note.

Status
Not open for further replies.