What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
St. George should be playing Canterbury tomorrow.

That way the two horrendous jerseys could be buried together on Monday night.

innsaneink

Referee
The FOX ad for this game tomorrow has doctored the roosters jerseys to look like this years one

00019572-image.jpg

BDR

First Grade
manlyanzacstrip.jpg

Pic courtesy FOX Sports News

No, I'm not kidding. This is what Manly's ANZAC Day strip looks like.

Looks like a kid had bubble gum ice-cream, threw it up on a cow. Not sure it's hit the "ANZAC" sorta note.

FMD, what a disgrace. You can see already that you won't be able to tell it's camo on the field, they will look like jersey cows :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Are you sure they doctored it? Roosters wore the same jersey last year...
With Cammo design??
The way people were carrying on about this years design I thought it mustve been the first time they did it.

My mistake. Thought the special effects were quite good...now I know why

---------------------------

Side note, anyone hear Mike Gibson on The Back Page....gettin all upset over manlys cammo jumper, reckoned its disrespectful them playing soldiers while troops are over in afghanistan.
In a way cashing in on Anzac day is a bit tacky, but its not restricted to footy clubs and their jerseys I guess

Lambretta

First Grade
Are you sure they doctored it? Roosters wore the same jersey last year...

Similar but different

This years Anzac Day jersey has a solid blue sides, last years was camouflage all over. Plus the shades are different. More distinct from last years shading. Small changes I know, but this years one looks better. Just. Below is last years for comparison. I wasn't a fan of it personally.

1b.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Roosters strip this year will also have the RSL logo on the sleeve.

Patorick

Staff member
With Cammo design??
The way people were carrying on about this years design I thought it mustve been the first time they did it.

My mistake. Thought the special effects were quite good...now I know why

---------------------------

Side note, anyone hear Mike Gibson on The Back Page....gettin all upset over manlys cammo jumper, reckoned its disrespectful them playing soldiers while troops are over in afghanistan.
In a way cashing in on Anzac day is a bit tacky, but its not restricted to footy clubs and their jerseys I guess
Mike Gibson criticised Manly?

:shock:

TheDalek079

Bench
someone better be fired over that disgraceful manly jersey. the Easts one is only slightly better. We should be using our light blue jersey from the War years. That jersey screamed class and tradition

BDR

First Grade
No I agree - Canberra's is the only one that looks semi-decent. Still not preferable to their normal jersey but at least it isn't an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.