What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Renewed mine today. Back in the Black Hole. Now just got to wait until March to watch the quasi-grand final replay in round 1 (i.e. Hasler v Cleary).

Whats up with black hole? It seems to sellout members wise but is very rarely full on match day?

Liddell

Juniors
You lead the way due to inflated sales of non-ticketed memberships. Some of which, in the past, have been uncovered as questionable (i.e. the Souths Cares things).

Bottom line is, if other clubs employed similar tactics, you'd probably be a distant 3rd or 4th.

The other thing that your club comes under the spotlight for is the disparity between membership figures and crowd averages. One of the few clubs with more members than average home crowd per game.

On that, do 3 or 6 game memberships that some clubs offer count towards total ticketed?

franklin2323

Immortal
Whats up with black hole? It seems to sellout members wise but is very rarely full on match day?

It's not just sold out it also has a waiting list. Before round 1 the decision was made to make it Panthers fans only. Possibly that caught a few neutrals out. Hopefully those same neutrals get a GA (Same price) & it's full every week

franklin2323

Immortal
There is a huge disparity in ticketed and non-ticketed for them compared to other clubs.

Clubs should be aiming for 75% of members to be ticketed. Them and the Bulldogs have by far the best stadium deals. Yet GA ticketed at Bulldogs is $9 cheaper then non-ticketed at Souths. Maybe lower the GA & try & entice some fans to upgrade.

I know some kids who follow Canterbury, St George and Cronulla who are Souths members...freebies from Souths Cares of course

yobbo84

Coach
You lead the way due to inflated sales of non-ticketed memberships. Some of which, in the past, have been uncovered as questionable (i.e. the Souths Cares things).

Bottom line is, if other clubs employed similar tactics, you'd probably be a distant 3rd or 4th.

The other thing that your club comes under the spotlight for is the disparity between membership figures and crowd averages. One of the few clubs with more members than average home crowd per game.

And what's wrong with inflated sales of non-ticketed memberships? Should Souths be punished for having a heap of country, interstate and international supporters who can't make it to matches but wish to financially contribute to their club anyway?

Who's the fools - the club that can make people give them money for basically nothing, or the clubs that can't?

The "Souths Cares things" are memberships DONATED by Souths supporters - no different to someone buying their niece or nephew (for example) a membership.

Our average crowd figure is higher than our ticketed memberships so that argument is moot.

Good on the Rabbitohs for having the foresight to make money without the reliance on poker machine revenue - something no other Sydney club can boast.

Valheru

Coach
And what's wrong with inflated sales of non-ticketed memberships? Should Souths be punished for having a heap of country, interstate and international supporters who can't make it to matches but wish to financially contribute to their club anyway?

Who's the fools - the club that can make people give them money for basically nothing, or the clubs that can't?

The "Souths Cares things" are memberships DONATED by Souths supporters - no different to someone buying their niece or nephew (for example) a membership.

Our average crowd figure is higher than our ticketed memberships so that argument is moot.

Good on the Rabbitohs for having the foresight to make money without the reliance on poker machine revenue - something no other Sydney club can boast.

No they shouldn’t be punished but the figures should be viewed in the correct context i.e. they are misleading at best.

franklin2323

Immortal

No they shouldnt be punished but the figures should be viewed in the correct context i.e. they are misleading at best.

Exactly kudos to them great work. However normally it's followed up with the most supported or something. Which is untrue

H.H

Juniors
I despise Souffs....they are verminous scum, but I have to give credit where it's due I'm afraid.

Their efforts in growing their memberships base has been outstanding.

I do agree though that their attendances are comparitavely poor, but unfortunatly, I can't find a reason to bag their memberships.

rnb11

Juniors
Knights are aiming for 10k ticketed by christmas, at the rate they're going they'll get there by the end of this month

yakstorm

First Grade
So the Membership Premiership is back for 2012, and this time all 16 clubs are in it, verses just the Sydney clubs last year.

Looks like the NRL is after some names for the different groups based upon this tweet my @michaeljnrl

michaeljnrl
NRL is to run a membership promo involving dividing 16 clubs into 4 groups. Thinking Battle of the Beaches, the West etc. Suggestions? #nrl

Valheru

Coach
So the Membership Premiership is back for 2012, and this time all 16 clubs are in it, verses just the Sydney clubs last year.

Looks like the NRL is after some names for the different groups based upon this tweet my @michaeljnrl

Great idea!!

I would imagine the groups would/should be something like the following

Dragons/tigers/souths/dogs

Roosters/Cronulla/manly/Penrith

Brisbane/Cowboys/Titans/Parra

Warriors/Canberra/Storm/Knights

Groups 1 and 2 make for fair fights. I just stuck Parra/Knights anywhere I could fit them.

some11

Referee
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...45185&title=broncos-membership-numbers-flying

Broncos Membership Numbers Flying
Trad McLean
Bronco Media

17/11/2011 9:38:35 AM

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos are gearing up for another record-breaking season after passing the 10,000 member mark already – and with an amazing 97 per cent of those actual ticketed members.

After the sensational performance of last year to draw crowds of over 48,000 for the final three matches of the year, as well as over 40,000 the preceding week, sights have been set high for 2012.

That fervour has forced the Broncos to set a massive membership target of 20,000, an increase of over 5000 on 2011.

A milestone was passed a week ago when the Broncos - who each season have more ticketed season members than any other NRL club - went past the 10,000 mark.

And the momentum has continued, with membership continuing to grow.
As of 9am this morning, the Broncos have 10,492 members for the 2012 season.

Importantly, just 3 per cent of those are non-ticketed members, meaning well over 10,000 people already have season tickets to next year’s games.