What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

Galeforce

Bench
Yep, because Souffs are the only side with supporters outside their home state... :lol:

Really? Do you check facts before saying things so ridiculously stupid?

Leaving the Double Header out our average is 21,001 - still a huge SIX thousand higher than our membership.

By comparison Souths' home average is 18,430... trailing the club membership figure by over 3,500.

What a chip on the shoulder or maybe a pesky rabbit stuck up his ahole.

It is great to get good crowds and also great to have high membership. From a rabbit perspective , i actually think it is great that folks who have no time to get to games for whatever reason are happy to put their hands in their pocket and pay for membership.Highlights the real interest.

Membership shows the potential supporter base and good to see that clubs are now understanding importance of building this each year. vs the petty metoos who are critical where there are less attendees at games vs membership . give me a break dopes!!

There are many supporters who are happy to watch the TV ( especially if they can afford Foxtel) or listen on the radio , most of the money for NRL comes from MEdia rights and the Sponsorship $$ also mainly attracted by MEDIA exposure not folks at the ground seeing the sponsorship on the gear.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was responding to the Dogs of War assertion that we don't get people to games.
Well when you compare it

What a chip on the shoulder or maybe a pesky rabbit stuck up his ahole.

It is great to get good crowds and also great to have high membership. From a rabbit perspective , i actually think it is great that folks who have no time to get to games for whatever reason are happy to put their hands in their pocket and pay for membership.Highlights the real interest.

Membership shows the potential supporter base and good to see that clubs are now understanding importance of building this each year. vs the petty metoos who are critical where there are less attendees at games vs membership . give me a break dopes!!

There are many supporters who are happy to watch the TV ( especially if they can afford Foxtel) or listen on the radio , most of the money for NRL comes from MEdia rights and the Sponsorship $$ also mainly attracted by MEDIA exposure not folks at the ground seeing the sponsorship on the gear.
Of course you don't agree with membership vs attendance comparisons, because it doesn't work in your favour!

As for the media rights, please do tell me, when was the last time you purchased something because you saw the ad for it during a footy game? Please :lol:

It's almost as if people think empty seats are a good look for footy :lol:

Galeforce

Bench
Well when you compare it

Of course you don't agree with membership vs attendance comparisons, because it doesn't work in your favour!

As for the media rights, please do tell me, when was the last time you purchased something because you saw the ad for it during a footy game? Please :lol:

It's almost as if people think empty seats are a good look for footy :lol:

Of course you respond like a self righteous idiot!!!
The focus of the thread is MEMBERSHIP dope. Takes you to change the subject so that you can be negative on Souths and positive on Bulldogs.

As for your Media point. What an idiot u are. Great , lets have you as the NRL MEdia rights negotiator to drive for a $50m deal vs $1B. YOu are a throw back to chook raffle mentatility to raise money. For simple starters i have purchased Foxtell sports in order to watch NRL , i also have purchased GOLD membership at the Stadium for same reason when i choose to attend games and not to mention i do shop at Harvey Norman , you dope ( this computer is from HN for starters).

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:!

Responding like a self-righteous idiot? It's because I've come down to your level ;)

Of course the focus of this thread is membership. There are a range of elements to membership, one of which is driving up attendances. While South Sydney have brilliant membership figures and solid crowds, it seems unusual that crowd numbers are consistently averaging BELOW that membership figure. I could be mistaken but most clubs seems to have crowds exceeding their membership figure - the only other exception to the rule being the Dragons, who are badly hamstrung by playing out of small, difficult-to-access grounds.

As for your Media point. What an idiot u are. Great , lets have you as the NRL MEdia rights negotiator to drive for a $50m deal vs $1B. YOu are a throw back to chook raffle mentatility to raise money. For simple starters i have purchased Foxtell sports in order to watch NRL , i also have purchased GOLD membership at the Stadium for same reason when i choose to attend games and not to mention i do shop at Harvey Norman , you dope ( this computer is from HN for starters).
:lol: At what point did I suggest anything to do with the rights negotiation? Chook raffle? :lol:

The point I'm making here is that you're banging on about revenue and advertisers and TV TV TV - if we go on in that tangent for too long and forget about attendances, then our product weakens. While the media rights are undoubtedly the most important issue facing the game as a whole right now, we can't just encourage everyone to watch games on TV!

Galeforce

Bench
Again the focus of the thread is MEMBERSHIP!! dope ,you can start a new thread on attendances if you feel strongly.

as for your argument of lower attendance versus membership , what a weak point.
You ignore that Souths have been growing membership Year on YEar , which if continued could result in a membership of 50000 in 10 years! Why not , the membership was less than 10000 about 5 years ago.

Acccordingly to your dopey logic , there would be a problem if Souths grew their membership to 50000 yet could not pull crowds > 25000 on average . Haw Haw Haw dope. Souths are pulling average crowds now > than their membership numbers of 5 years ago.
Go figure , the correlations and how pulling and improving membership has long term benefits on the game. However point scorers like you , argue what ever they can , cause they have no vision. Dope

Why do i care to respond to you , cause i see you all over the forum being NEGATIVE on Souths . folks may not like my Souths supporters hat , however i do not troll around being negative on other clubs supporters most of the time.

juro

Bench
Isn't every club pulling higher crowd averages now than their membership numbers from 5 years ago???

Timmah

Staff member
Again the focus of the thread is MEMBERSHIP!! dope ,you can start a new thread on attendances if you feel strongly.
Membership and attendances are closely linked.

Just incase you didn't get it.

as for your argument of lower attendance versus membership , what a weak point.
You ignore that Souths have been growing membership Year on YEar , which if continued could result in a membership of 50000 in 10 years! Why not , the membership was less than 10000 about 5 years ago.
Every club has seen massive increases in membership. Souths have been the best at it (another compliment to your club you can choose to ignore - read back, there's been a few of them).

Acccordingly to your dopey logic , there would be a problem if Souths grew their membership to 50000 yet could not pull crowds > 25000 on average . Haw Haw Haw dope. Souths are pulling average crowds now > than their membership numbers of 5 years ago.
Go figure , the correlations and how pulling and improving membership has long term benefits on the game. However point scorers like you , argue what ever they can , cause they have no vision. Dope

My eyes went completely cross-eyed reading that, can you write in something resembling English? What I think you were trying to say is that you think memberships will reach 50,000 but you'll still only draw 25,000 to games. If that's the case, then I'm worried for the game. In ten years, all clubs need to be at a point where increased memberships also results in increased attendances. The conversion from member to attendee is just as important - for countless reasons: greater income for clubs (ticketed memberships are higher priced packages), sales of food & beverage at the ground, merchandise sales (much easier to achieve at a ground), plus countless promotions, raffles for local clubs, juniors etc.

You can label me a troll all you like and while Souths are no doubt strengthening, there are still elements where they have to lift their game - attendance being a key one. Years of malaise obviously doesn't change overnight but it's getting to crunch time. A successful side should mean they get big crowds - lets hope that holds true.

Galeforce

Bench
Membership and attendances are closely linked.

Just incase you didn't get it.

Every club has seen massive increases in membership. Souths have been the best at it (another compliment to your club you can choose to ignore - read back, there's been a few of them).

My eyes went completely cross-eyed reading that, can you write in something resembling English? What I think you were trying to say is that you think memberships will reach 50,000 but you'll still only draw 25,000 to games. If that's the case, then I'm worried for the game. In ten years, all clubs need to be at a point where increased memberships also results in increased attendances. The conversion from member to attendee is just as important - for countless reasons: greater income for clubs (ticketed memberships are higher priced packages), sales of food & beverage at the ground, merchandise sales (much easier to achieve at a ground), plus countless promotions, raffles for local clubs, juniors etc.

You can label me a troll all you like and while Souths are no doubt strengthening, there are still elements where they have to lift their game - attendance being a key one. Years of malaise obviously doesn't change overnight but it's getting to crunch time. A successful side should mean they get big crowds - lets hope that holds true.

I did not label you a troll in this thread, however your self assessment is correct . I labelled you a dope and continue with that comment , especially after this your latest self righteous response.

I agree crowds are important , who doesn't.derrr you dope.
However this thread is about MEMBERSHIP . Of course Membership and attendance have links , however you started with premise that having more members than attendees is bad. DOPE. And you proved this again ,when i gave the example of a future 50000 members with average attendance of 25000. Hook line and sinker you again jumped on that as bad. Most grounds in Sydney would be near or over capacity at 25000, you dope.

docbrown

Coach
Article in the Courier apparently about Broncos aiming for 36,000 members within 5 years.

To be honest I'd hope that they'd have at least that many within say 2-3 years...

Last edited:

Dakink

Bench
And there is nothing better, both on tv and at The ground, than a packed suncorp staidum! I also think this is achievable quicker. Will lead to more regalur packed houses,.

Article in the Courier apparently about Broncos aiming for 36,000 members within 5 years.

To be honest I'd hope that they'd have at least that many within say 2-3 years...

I'd agree with you here. The Broncs have taken a big leap from mid-teens or thereabouts to mid-20s in one year, so it isn't unachievable.

That said I think the leap (and I am writing as a Broncos member) has been from herding a lot of people who would attend anyway into 1-4 game memberships. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If nothing else they get to engage otherwise casual attendees with email and merchandise and they have more names on their marketing database to convert into full season members.

docbrown

Coach
I'd agree with you here. The Broncs have taken a big leap from mid-teens or thereabouts to mid-20s in one year, so it isn't unachievable.

That said I think the leap (and I am writing as a Broncos member) has been from herding a lot of people who would attend anyway into 1-4 game memberships. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If nothing else they get to engage otherwise casual attendees with email and merchandise and they have more names on their marketing database to convert into full season members.

Yep there's nothing wrong with that. A 4 game membership is a stepping stone to a full season membership.

I think their aim is to have the lower bowl filled out for every game.

Galeforce

Bench
Most grounds?

The Rabbitohs play at ANZ Stadium. Moron.

Gees you a dope for stating the obvious .I guess if you think that makes you smart and then running , whatever:lol:

if you cannot connect the dots that my statements are GENERAL , regarding YOUR Premise , you are as thick as a plank. Again for you , your premise has been that 50000 membership and 25000 average attendance is BAD.Most grounds in the NRL 25000 would be near capacity. Dope
Lets the take arguement further to help your feeble mind. Say clubs went for 75000 memberships , which would be in line with some AFL clubs. YOur premise has been if average attendance was less than membership , then that is bad. haw haw haw you thick dope. sinking in dope?

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Gees you a dope for stating the obvious .I guess if you think that makes you smart and then running , whatever:lol:

if you cannot connect the dots that my statements are GENERAL , regarding YOUR Premise , you are as thick as a plank. Again for you , your premise has been that 50000 membership and 25000 average attendance is BAD.Most grounds in the NRL 25000 would be near capacity. Dope
Lets the take arguement further to help your feeble mind. Say clubs went for 75000 memberships , which would be in line with some AFL clubs. YOur premise has been if average attendance was less than membership , then that is bad. haw haw haw you thick dope. sinking in dope?

What the f**k is a haw haw?

Latest posts