What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013/14 UEFA Champions League

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors
Good.

We can get knocked out early and concentrate on the PL.

All the ties are pretty nailed on, aside from City/Barca. City are definitely in with a shot.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Source: UEFA.com

Round of 16 draw
Manchester City FC (ENG) v FC Barcelona (ESP)
Olympiacos FC (GRE) v Manchester United FC (ENG)
AC Milan (ITA) v Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Galatasaray AŞ (TUR) v Chelsea FC (ENG)
FC Schalke 04 (GER) v Real Madrid CF (ESP)
FC Zenit (RUS) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Arsenal FC (ENG) v FC Bayern München (GER)

Tommy Smith

Referee
City are a class side but it's their lack of Champions League pedigree that I think will be the difference. They don't have the experience at this level which I think is crucial when heading to the Camp Nou.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Why everyone fancies City is beyond me. Sure they're a great team, but they're going up against one of the great of all time. I'm not saying they're not going to win, but just that logic doesn't point to it.

Each to their own...

cb4

First Grade
Why everyone fancies City is beyond me. Sure they're a great team, but they're going up against one of the great of all time. I'm not saying they're not going to win, but just that logic doesn't point to it.

Each to their own...

The ease that Bayern destroyed you last year, and City's cogs are starting to turn.

The one thing with Man City and Barcelona is they have a lot in common. Both are very good attacking teams, both have very good midfields.

They also share a common problem, frailties in central defence. Barcelona's starting central defenders are (IIRC) Puyol, who is starting to slow up and Mascherano who is a makeshift defender.

I still think Barcelona are favourites for the tie as I think overall their suqda is a bit more talented than City's, but City do have a chance.

Last edited:
Pep v Wenger :cool: there won't be any concentration lapses this time around. Arsenal success will depend on how many goals they get gifted from shit refereeing. Only 1 like last time won't be enough.

Each to their own...

Barca should have been knocked out by Milan and especially by PSG. They were awful and the cracks started to appear without Messi.

The manager is also another issue.

The ease that Bayern destroyed you last year, and City's cogs are starting to turn.

City are not Bayern and remember when the game mattered FCB ripped them to shreds in the first match and in the first 20 minutes last week before assuming the game was won.

Both teams have the ability rip each other apart but also to be ripped apart. It's an interesting tie. This is one case I bet the group winner would love to have played at home first.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Are you saying Messi equals a guaranteed win?
Your words, not mine. I think a 6-1 win over Celtic without Messi speaks for itself, and having Messi back will work wonders for us.

Like I said it's anyone's game, whoever arrives on the day will win, I'm just surprised that just about everyone picked City to be honest. They may very well win 5-0!

Your words, not mine. I think a 6-1 win over Celtic without Messi speaks for itself, and having Messi back will work wonders for us.

Like I said it's anyone's game, whoever arrives on the day will win, I'm just surprised that just about everyone picked City to be honest. They may very well win 5-0!

It sure does. It says "they thrashed a shit team from an incredibly weak league"

Haffa

Then what did you mean by "going up against one of the great of all time"?

Game_Breaker

Coach

I don't know if everyone is picking City, but it is the standout tie of the draw.

This speaks for itself as well

El%252520Mundo%252520No.JPG