What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 and beyond Captain

wrfeel

Juniors
I cant see anyone in the team, Captain material.
Who's it gunna be?? If Burt had a spot, i'd say he'd be the one.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think it matters in the modern game. The coach makes the calls from the grandstand and is relayed via the trainer who spends 90% of the game on the field.

Pick someone who won't tell the ref to f**k off and you'll be sweet.

Kornstar

Coach
Hayne!

I don't like forward captains who have a break during the game, the captain should be on the field the whole 80 mins.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm actually leaning towards Hayne myself.
If not, then Mannah is the obvious choice.

Suity

EELICIT

Juniors
How about Fui ? Refs wont know what hes saying, maybe he can confuse them into blowing a penalty or two our way.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I think its pretty obviously going to be Lasalo. In fact, I'm surprised he's not Prime Minister as yet. ;-)

TheParraboy

Staff member
If we are thinking of Hayne as captain in 2013 and beyond we need to extend his contract pretty soon. No point waiting till next year and it becoming a circus for his signature, and if he goes elsewhere then why have a bloke leaving the club as captain for one year only

oldmancraigy

Coach
I cant see anyone in the team, Captain material.
Who's it gunna be?? If Burt had a spot, i'd say he'd be the one.

Burt won't be with the team in 2013.
Even if he is, you don't pick Wenty players as captain (I don't think anyway)?

Is there a good reason it wouldn't be Hayne or Mannah?

Hayne is a natural leader who carries the team on his back - seems like an absolute no-brainer to select him as captain doesn't it??
If you don't think he's a natural leader who carries the team on his back, watch the game in 30 hours time. You'll be converted quick smart.

The Omen

Juniors
would like to see Reni with the role , if not Hayne
both seems to have an influence on the club and players and can be vocal

Mannah i am not so sure on , when he did captain the side recently i just didn't see him trying to calm the team down or have chats to them to ease the situation (try against, penalty given) ... he just doesn't have that edge

jono

Juniors
Matt Keating.
That way he could TELL his runners to back oof two paces while he takes his two from dummy half before passing.....