What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Legal Eel

Juniors
Everyone was excited about Pauli Pauli.

This TCT pile on is getting ridiculous.
I like TCT as well....but it has become fairly obvious in the past 18 months that their views on Parramatta and players are significantly clouded by their love of the Arthur family.

As an example, they used to be the most relentlessly positive Parramatta fans in existence and would believe Parra were going to win a game or turn a season around no matter what the evidence in opposition. However, from the minute Brad Arthur was sacked they have said that parramatta are finished and that the club is destroyed.

Obviously they were aware of the issues surrounding the players loyalty to BA and how it has affected the team, but it also appears that - much like many players - they are BA first and Parra following on....

It also happens with matt Arthur - they have been "on" this kid since he was 11 - literally. This year alone they have likened him to Cameron Smith and have said that NSW Cup just cannot win without Matt Arthur.

As much as their service to Parra fans and access is fantastic, I think they're views are to be taken with a grain of salt as they can't see past their loyalties to Brad and players associated with Brad.

They are actually part of the clique.

Gronk

Staff member
I like TCT as well....but it has become fairly obvious in the past 18 months that their views on Parramatta and players are significantly clouded by their love of the Arthur family.

As an example, they used to be the most relentlessly positive Parramatta fans in existence and would believe Parra were going to win a game or turn a season around no matter what the evidence in opposition. However, from the minute Brad Arthur was sacked they have said that parramatta are finished and that the club is destroyed.

Obviously they were aware of the issues surrounding the players loyalty to BA and how it has affected the team, but it also appears that - much like many players - they are BA first and Parra following on....

It also happens with matt Arthur - they have been "on" this kid since he was 11 - literally. This year alone they have likened him to Cameron Smith and have said that NSW Cup just cannot win without Matt Arthur.

As much as their service to Parra fans and access is fantastic, I think they're views are to be taken with a grain of salt as they can't see past their loyalties to Brad and players associated with Brad.

Or maybe people just view them through a critical lense.

Incorrect

Coach

IMO they have no credibility, just a lot of time on their hands and misguided loyalty....

oldmancraigy

Coach
I feel like the latter is the only logical explanation. When both parties need to agree to continue the arrangement it’s just called a contract extension.
I would have though an extension implies the potential for new terms

A mutual option where both parties need to agree for it to go forward implies the terms already agreed in the contract (plus whatever the triggers already agreed are). It would be unusual, but so would the alternative be!!

lingard

Coach
And Coleridge plays the ball. Pope gets through a couple of verses and slips a beautiful pass to Walter de la Mare. De la Mare makes a rhyming couplet and offloads to Keats backing up. Keats breaks the line with an ode and a sonnet, and slips the ball to a flying Wordworth who breaks with literary convention and slides over in the corner. What a try! It's poetry in motion!

King-Gutho94

Coach

Isn't it interesting that any critical analysis of tactical decisions under BA was a no go on the podcast previously.

All of sudden Trent Barrett is being criticized on a podcast because Boods only got a token 10 mins at the end and should have been brought on earlier.

Soto

Bench
Isn't it interesting that any critical analysis of tactical decisions under BA was a no go on the podcast previously.

All of sudden Trent Barrett is being criticized on a podcast because Boods only got a token 10 mins at the end and should have been brought on earlier.
I've seen Barrett at least try different players and even some trick shot plays from scrums etc in 8 weeks more than BA did in 8 yrs...
Barrett is not the answer but I've been impressed with how he has articulated where we lost crucial moments in a match etc.
He hasn't used the tired "front load, chase the collision" BS that BA would constantly trot out.
Barrett and Ryles for that matter have been dealt a terrible hand
At least Ryles realises this and getting here early to undo the abysmal state of play, confidence, personnel, structures, development the previous coach has left us in...
Epic cluster.. In Ryles we trust

Latest posts