What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

The Joker

Juniors
Yeah the Penguins became the Panthers when the leagues club was bought out by Penrith. I only mentioned them since I lived in Bathurst for a few years and they were the club with the $$$ in the area. Would Lithgow do well in BRC?

Orange CYMS are a strong team in Group 10 that on the field could compete with the Bundy teams.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties have announced that Louis Vaitou and Francis Vaitou from Cabra and Newtown have signed with Mounties. I also spotted another Cabra player Casey Ellis in the Mounties preseason training photos.

Roland

Juniors
Andrew Emelio will be assistant coach for BNRU in 2013. Presumably he will be also continue as captain on the field.

footy912

Juniors
Mounties have announced that Louis Vaitou and Francis Vaitou from Cabra and Newtown have signed with Mounties. I also spotted another Cabra player Casey Ellis in the Mounties preseason training photos.

I have heard that Matt Winchester, St Johns Full back from this season has signed with mounties as well.

Roland

Juniors
I have heard that Matt Winchester, St Johns Full back from this season has signed with mounties as well.

Not many scored more tries than Winchester (16) this season but he never appeared on the lists in the weekly program. Mounties will want to bulk up after missing the finals in all 3 grades.

joejoe

Juniors
We are calling on players required for Western Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club 2013 Bundy Red competition.'

'Interested players who have experience competing at a senior level should send their resumes detailing their playing history along with their full contact details to Wests Magpies, PO Box 642 Liverpool NSW 1870 or e mail it to admin@westsmagpies.com.au by the close of business Friday 7 December 2012. Training will commence the Monday following the closing date.'

Regards Steve Reeves

Roland

Juniors
Mounties have announced the signing of Ben Ellis and Casey Ellis from Cabra and Billy King from Blacktown.

They will not miss the semis in 2013.

Roland

Juniors
I heard the Trotter brothers had returned to Cabra (but I maybe wrong) which would be surprising as half the team seems to be leaving Cabra for Mounties. They must only have 1 or 2 players from their premiership in 2011 left at the club. And I think the coach is gone too

Any update on the Trotters? Cabra have lost the Vaoitu brothers and the Ellis brothers to Mounties and Malliota to Illawarra Cutters,

Will be a new look team at Cabra.

Broncos93

Juniors
Can anyone fill me in briefly as to the standard of the BRC and Sydney Shield compared to NYC and NSW cup? Obviously its a level below NSW cup, but is it below nyc as well or a step up from there?

Roland

Juniors
Can anyone fill me in briefly as to the standard of the BRC and Sydney Shield compared to NYC and NSW cup? Obviously its a level below NSW cup, but is it below nyc as well or a step up from there?

NSW Cup, Bundy Cup and Sydney Shield are all open comps so not a lot of underage players in the comps.

In the past the bottom teams in Bundy were a reasonable standard but in recent years, with teams dropping out, some very weak sides have been allowed in so you have teams having 80 points put on them.

The Entrance is the only team among the top 6 Bundy teams that are not connected to a NSW Cup team so the other 5 clubs will have more than 10 players that play both grades during the season.

Some of the weak teams are connected to NYC teams - the Kingsgrove team feeds Roosters NYC so each week 10 Roosters (strong NYC) will play for Kingsgrove - they won 1 and lost 17 this season.

In 2011 the Bulldogs put in a team called Bankstown Sports with about 4 State Cup players plus excess NYC - they won 2 lost 16.

Sydney Shield would be lower than NYC but Guildford who finished 4th had about 5 regulars who also played for Parra (weak) in NYC.

Last edited:
Any news on BNRU signings. Hopefully they can build after getting that first year out of the way. Might need a new five eight though.

Any update on the Trotters? Cabra have lost the Vaoitu brothers and the Ellis brothers to Mounties and Malliota to Illawarra Cutters,

Will be a new look team at Cabra.

Trotters have signed with Cabramatta it is on their Website along with Matthew Hall who has played for the Roosters & Wharatahs , Ellis brothers, VAiotu Brothers, SAm Brunton all to Mounties high points which will become a problem Sydney shield coach will be happy.

Roland

Juniors
Trotters have signed with Cabramatta it is on their Website along with Matthew Hall who has played for the Roosters & Wharatahs , Ellis brothers, VAiotu Brothers, SAm Brunton all to Mounties high points which will become a problem Sydney shield coach will be happy.

The last thing I can see on the website is the list of coaches but good news about the Trotters and Matt Hall, who played for Cabra in the early rounds this year and also goes well.

Roland

Juniors
A few years ago Windsor won the Cabra 9's and they had two sets of identical twins - Matt and Baden Hall and Ben and Brendan Vengoa.

It was a laugh at one stage seeing a Hall and a Vengoa being replaced by themselves.

itsme

Juniors
I hear Auburn are struggling for numbers. Does anyone know any players that are on their roster?

Latest posts