What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Football Club AGM ???

phantom eel

First Grade
Considering the AGM date it should have been in limerick form, rather than Haiku.

While on my lunch break today
Into the club I did stray
And I asked them
When is the A. G. M.?
They said it's on St Paddy's Day

It's on the official website..

Indeed it is Stagger, and thanks for pointing it out.

Because without that pointer I wouldn't have seen the Agenda,

http://www.parraeels.com.au/content/dam/eels/pdfs/Agenda for PDRL AGM 2013.pdf

PDRL AGM Agenda said:
10. Notices of Motion
10.1 That the Board of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited take all practicable steps to facilitate the return of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited of the ownership of, and the responsibility for all rugby league football teams currently owned by or administered by the Parramatta National Rugby League Club PTY Limited

Is it me, or does this feel fishy to anyone else.

Wasn't the AGM held over because the FC was waiting for confirmation of their grant from the LC, which would keep them as a "going concern"?

Is my cynicism misplaced or do those that were voted out at the LC election and hold a seat on the FC board, still want to control the NRL side?

If so they can go and get stuffed, they screwed up the team getting involved and not letting people do their job, and we have suffered through their incompetence in a football sense for 4 years. Now we are free of them, they want it back ?

Hell no.

T.S Quint

Coach
So this is our best chance to get the clubs structured the way we've wanted it but now we can't?
I think we've probably got things in a good enough place at the moment with our teams that we can risk giving the power over to those on the FC board.

If they screw it up they will get voted out.

emjaycee

Coach
Personally I don't have a problem with handing the NRL team to the footy club.
Except I want to see a change in Board first. Maybe agree in principle at this AGM but not to take effect until season 2016.

Give us time to vote out some people and elect a board we trust to run the footy team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

:shock::shock::shock:

Is it me, or does this feel fishy to anyone else.

Wasn't the AGM held over because the FC was waiting for confirmation of their grant from the LC, which would keep them as a "going concern"?

Is my cynicism misplaced or do those that were voted out at the LC election and hold a seat on the FC board, still want to control the NRL side?

If so they can go and get stuffed, they screwed up the team getting involved and not letting people do their job, and we have suffered through their incompetence in a football sense for 4 years. Now we are free of them, they want it back ?

Hell no.

I thought every merkin wanted the football team returned to the FC rather than the LC. Or is that only when Spagnolo isn't head of the FC board?

emjaycee

Coach
Pou, I think the interesting thing is that when Spags controlled both boards he saw no need to move the NRL team to the FC. Now he only has the FC he is trying to push it through.

As I said to someone the other day, I wonder if it related to the fact that the FC doesnt have any money of its own - it gets funded from the LC in a round about sort of way. :sarcasm:

BennyBoy

Juniors
"10.1 That the Board of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited take all practicable steps to facilitate the return of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited of the ownership of, and the responsibility for all rugby league football teams currently owned by or administered by the Parramatta National Rugby League Club PTY Limited"

Um, spag's ain't on the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited, that's Sharp's board.

From the above they are just getting rid of the duplicate Parramatta National Rugby League Club PTY Limited which Fitz set up, has nothing to do with the FC unless there is a typo in the Agenda.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, I think the interesting thing is that when Spags controlled both boards he saw no need to move the NRL team to the FC. Now he only has the FC he is trying to push it through.

As I said to someone the other day, I wonder if it related to the fact that the FC doesnt have any money of its own - it gets funded from the LC in a round about sort of way. :sarcasm:

It gets a fair amount of funding from the NRL and sponsors too. Surely it's able to be independent of the leagues club.

"10.1 That the Board of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited take all practicable steps to facilitate the return of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited of the ownership of, and the responsibility for all rugby league football teams currently owned by or administered by the Parramatta National Rugby League Club PTY Limited"

Um, spag's ain't on the Parramatta District Rugby League Club Limited, that's Sharp's board.

From the above they are just getting rid of the duplicate Parramatta National Rugby League Club PTY Limited which Fitz set up, has nothing to do with the FC unless there is a typo in the Agenda.

Sorry Benny Boy, you have that back to front, according to this.

According to this http://www.parraeels.com.au/about.html

Parraeels.com.au said:
Parramatta National Rugby League Club (PNRL)
Staff List

Chairman: Stephen Sharp

Board of Directors
Stephen Sharp (Chairman)
Tom Issa (Deputy Chairman)
Lawrence Shepherd
Peter Serrao
Robert Sassen
Mario Libertini

Parramatta District Rugby League Club (PDRL)
Chairman: Roy Spagnolo OAM

Board of Directors
Roy Spagnolo OAM (Chairman)
Sid Kelly OAM (Deputy Chairman)
Eric Grothe Snr
Mario Libertini
Ray Price OAM
Stephen Sharp
Eric Grothe Jnr

That would make the Parramatta District Rugby League club, Spags's board and the PNRLC Sharp's Board.

It gets a fair amount of funding from the NRL and sponsors too. Surely it's able to be independent of the leagues club.

Well Pou, Here is the annual report of the Football club.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/content/dam/eels/pdfs/PDRL AGM annual report 2013.pdf

PDRLFC Annual report said:
15 Economic dependency

The Company is reliant on grants provided by the Parramatta Leagues Club Limited for its on-going operations and is therefore economically dependent on such financial support to meet its liabilities and normal operating expenses.

That is where the Football club gets its income.

The point is, if they ran the NRL team they would have access to all the funding generated by that asset. And the leagues club wouldn't.

That may well be true, however then the club would be financially dependent on the NRL and not the league club.

The main reason for the move, back in the day was to ensure the club had secured funds and that they didn't go the way of the Bears.

With the clubs significant assets (at the time) they could cover any loss the football side would make.

The big question will be what was the income from the NRL and sponsorship, and is that enough to run a competitive modern football club. Looking at the last few financial reports from the Leagues club, although they don't say it, I think a large amount of funding has been removed from football operations, and that has added to our woes on the field.

emjaycee

Coach

Well Pou, Here is the annual report of the Football club.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/content/dam/eels/pdfs/PDRL AGM annual report 2013.pdf

That is where the Football club gets its income.

The point is, if they ran the NRL team they would have access to all the funding generated by that asset. And the leagues club wouldn't.

Pou, there was a sub-text in my original post.

As Chairman of PDRLC, Spags doesn't have access to any 'real money'. If we move the NRL team to PDRLC then yes, the money comes too and Spags (and his mates) can access it without referral to any other Board.

;-)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, there was a sub-text in my original post.

As Chairman of PDRLC, Spags doesn't have access to any 'real money'. If we move the NRL team to PDRLC then yes, the money comes too and Spags (and his mates) can access it without referral to any other Board.

;-)

Can't the current board (and their mates) also access the money without referral to any other board? What's the difference?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why devote your time to the board if you can't benefit from it financially? We may as well have fans running the club.