What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 French Open

Apey

Staff member
He might be the best on clay but it's still a huge ask considering the time he's spent out of the game.

Be awesome if he's back to his best though.

ek999

First Grade
Might as well call off the men's singles and give the trophy to Rafa. He looks to be back in top form and will barely lose a set

Big Sam

First Grade
An 80 minute demolition. And that was after Wawrinka smashed Ferrer in an hour in Portugal last week.

The 8 month lay-off's probably added 2 slams to his eventual total.

ek999

First Grade
Destroyed Federer 6-1 6-3 in just over an hour. 8th French Open coming Rafa's way in 3 weeks time

Wizardman

First Grade
My goodness, Lleyton is one tough hombre. Stuff all matchplay...yet plays with all the grit in the world.

ek999

First Grade
My goodness, Lleyton is one tough hombre. Stuff all matchplay...yet plays with all the grit in the world.

Shame about the loss. But if he can fight like that at Wimbledon then I think he should make the 3rd or 4th round at least.

Big Sam

First Grade
Massive upset overnight for our Nick Kyrgios beating Radek Stepanek in straight sets. He's making his Slam debut and at 18, he is the youngest in the men's singles.

IIRC he won the junior Aus Open.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Nice that Pay TV has virtually ALL the coverage! No fuss twoing and throwing who has the FTA or Pay TV rights for this tournament. Unless an Australian makes the final :p

ek999

First Grade
Massive upset overnight for our Nick Kyrgios beating Radek Stepanek in straight sets. He's making his Slam debut and at 18, he is the youngest in the men's singles.

IIRC he won the junior Aus Open.

Yes was the junior Aus Open champion and current junior world number 1. Ashleigh Barty won her first round match last night too. She's only 17 I think. We could be in for a good decade of Australian tennis if these two keep it up and Tomic doesn't go completely off the rails with his dad

Big Sam

First Grade
Tomic needs to ditch his Dad to have any success which is unlikely given his post-match comments on Tuesday.

ek999

First Grade
Tomic needs to ditch his Dad to have any success which is unlikely given his post-match comments on Tuesday.

It's looking like Jelena Dokic all over again isn't it? Without her dad she could have been one of the greats.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Theres something appealing about the Red Surface of Clay (tennis's slowest surface) that makes it such a captivating tournament

In many ways The French Open feels more like watching Glorified Bull-Fighting! Seeing the matadors slugging it out throwing spears into the bulls

[/bloodthirst]

Big Sam

First Grade
In many ways The French Open feels more like watching Glorified Bull-Fighting! Seeing the matadors slugging it out throwing spears into the bulls

[/bloodthirst]

Spain has held a number of Davis Cup ties in Bullrings recently.

Semifinal_Copa_Davis_'08_-_Las_Ventas.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
Quarter Final line-up

Tuesday
Robredo v Ferrer
Tsonga v Federer

Wednesday
Djokovic v Haas
Nadal v Wawrinka

Apey

Staff member
I have a feeling Djoko is going to knock out Nadal in the semi.

Would love to see Nadal vs Federer but I am expecting Djoko vs Federer or Djoko vs Ferrer maybe, depends on QF form.

I like Tsonga but I think Fed will beat him. I really want to see some of that game, hopefully it's not on too late.