What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 French Open

Tsonga demolished Federer overnight, with this being just the 4th time in 36 slam events that Federer has failed to reach the semis (second time Tsonga was the one who stopped him). This sets up Tsonga vs Ferrer in the semi, with a likely Raffa vs Djokovic semi on the other side. Depending on the Raffa/Djokovic side of the draw we could potentially have a new grand slam winner (if Raffa/Djokovic have one of their epic matches I can see Tsonga or even Ferrer beating the winner in the final).

That said I am predicting Raffa to go over Tsonga in the final.

Apey

Staff member
I hope Nadal or Tsonga win now. Still think Djoko will knock Nadal out though.

Big Sam

First Grade
So semis Friday - Djokovic/Nadal and Ferrer/Tsonga.

Gonna be a Nadal/Tsonga final.

Apey

Staff member
Well looks like Nadal is hitting form at the right time. He will beat Djoko if he keeps playing like he is now but if he goes back to his first week form, Djoko will win.

ek999

First Grade
I'm tipping a Rafa and Ferrer final. Nadal should be too good on clay for Novak. I can't see Tsonga getting past Ferrer in 3 sets which is his only real chance of winning, Ferrer is a machine who will play all day if he has too. The longer the match goes on the more Ferrer will just grind him down.

Apey

Staff member
As soon as Nadal lost that break at 6 - 5 in the 4th set I thought he was in massive trouble to lose it in the 5th. Sigh.

Djoko up an early break in the 5th.

BDR

First Grade
I feel really lucky to see guys of this calibre play in my life. Nadal, Djokovic and Federer are just all ruthlessly great tennis players.

Apey

Staff member
FMD how did Nadal win that! I thought Djoko would win for all money. That point where he ran into the net when he had the point won probably ultimately cost Djoko the match.

I cbf staying up any more but I hope Tsonga wins.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Hmm...

4741688-16x9-700x394.jpg

=

130117085107-lance-armstrong-single-image-cut.jpg

And sports scientists?

Tony+Nadal+Rafael+Nadal+Open+cEvcoDfIoEAl.jpg

Only in France though, right?

BDR

First Grade
2 games in and I can't watch any more of this shit already.

Might watch cricket and follow on slam tracker

Apey

Staff member
Didn't bother watching the Women's final, was a foregone conclusion.

Big Sam

First Grade
2 games in and I can't watch any more of this shit already.

I tried to play a game using my remote by muting sound just as Sharapova was hitting the ball. Got tedious after a few games though.