What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Grand Final

isaiah

Bench
i can see the cowboys making the gf. they are one of the only teams unbeaten through august. if they do not get quite that far, i would like to see them eliminate sharks and manly in finals weeks 1 and 2.

sharks have rested players to tank tonight vs the raiders and avoid the cowboys next week

t-ba

Post Whore
If we lost after 38 minutes of golden point in the GF this clown would come back and basically go "a ha! I told you so!"

the Lock8

Juniors
Melbourne and Manly to use their finals experience to both get through to yet another Grand final. I'd love to see that as long as Shane Hayne doesn't get the job of stuffing up another big match.

natheel

Coach
I hope it's knights v souths only 2 teams I can handle. If it's roosters v manly these forums will be horrible. At least if it's the other 2 knights fans are subdued and we will just have to listen to bunniesmong which will be entertaining

Xfactor1979

Bench
Interesting to point out

If an American had an interjection about the grand final systems of the major football codes

Why are all the Grand finals for the AFL and the NRL both played only in Melbourne and Sydney?

In the US of A they make a rule to avoid home ground bias and support with the Super Bowl (their biggest code of choice)

Granted America has 300 million people and that is why they can hold Super Bowls in all the other cities other than New York and Los Angeles

The only other city that can hold a Superbowl type idea for Grand Final day would be Brisbane. As outside of Melbourne and Sydney, none of the grounds in the other capital cities do not hold a crowd big enough for an "event" as big as a grand final

And theres that ugly idea of the code war if they play the AFL grand final in Sydney it would have no passion, the ground might be filled. But most people will be doing a Mexican wave when the game is an intense contest

And although Melbourne would receive the NRL grand final better than how Sydney would receive the AFL grand final. Its just not the same

RABK

Referee
RABK said:
I think the final 4 will be Manly, Roosters, Souths and Knights. Souths vs Roosters in the gf the NRL will want or a 97 GF replay.

I think the dogs won't be able to reproduce their 2012 season, Melbourne will start a slow decline. Cowboys or Sharks are chances and will be thereabouts if injuries are avoided.

:clap: