What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Grand Final

snoozer

Bench
they have played the footy this last month that most students of the game were expecting in 2013 after they were robbed by the video ref deep into the finals in 2012. they had been the most disappointing team this year because of the depth they have in their top 25. they leave out forwards every week that would make benches in almost every other side. their poor play for most of the year can in part be put down to the way that tamou had played in pain from his back injured in round 4. it only came good early in this latest run of wins. they are specials to beat the sharks this weekend. they are not just dependent on thurston dominating, they have talent all over the park.
yes you do.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
they have played the footy this last month that most students of the game were expecting in 2013 after they were robbed by the video ref deep into the finals in 2012. they had been the most disappointing team this year because of the depth they have in their top 25. they leave out forwards every week that would make benches in almost every other side. their poor play for most of the year can in part be put down to the way that tamou had played in pain from his back injured in round 4. it only came good early in this latest run of wins. they are specials to beat the sharks this weekend. they are not just dependent on thurston dominating, they have talent all over the park.

:lol: From the guy who brought us....

another week, another loss. just 15 nrl standard players. depth in the squad is a major problem. maybe choc and foran are getting too big a slice of the salary cap pie. imagine if they had the injuries of a penrith, who cannot continue to use moylan in firs grade because the cap has run out. will soon be replaced by the titans in the top 4, imo.

dead man walking now, still in 4th but the 11th placed Raiders are just 3 points behind. 4th to 11th is becoming a lottery for the bottom 5 places in the 8 and manly are arguably in the worst form of those teams. even a team like the cowboys could win 3 more of their remaining games on the evidence of sunday night and pass you guys.

We haven't seen you over at the Manly Forum since too. I wonder why...

the dude

Juniors
Storm vs Souths/Roosters.

I am going on record saying that only 3 teams can win the comp this year

Michael Bishop

Juniors
Souffs will be shown up to be September pretenders

South$ and Roosters can be both satisfied with their season to date but now the serious stuff is starting it's time for them both to step aside and let the professionals (Manly & Melbourne) show what it's all about.

some11

Referee
South$ and Roosters can be both satisfied with their season to date but now the serious stuff is starting it's time for them both to step aside and let the professionals (Manly & Melbourne) show what it's all about.

The same Manly that put on just about the worst preliminary final performance in recent years last year?

[youtube]0H5Nd6EG13U[/youtube]

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
Meh, take a look through recent finals and Manly has not exited gracefully since the JV. Hardky a barometer for our future success.

Rank outisders this year imo. storm or Easts for mine.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
If Melbourne win week 1, which I think they will, they'll beat any team in week 3 in Melbourne and feature in the grand final. I can only see a red hot Roosters or Manly beating Melbourne at ANZ on Grand Final day. Forget the rest, no chance.

The Eagle

Juniors
Meh, take a look through recent finals and Manly has not exited gracefully since the JV. Hardky a barometer for our future success.

Rank outisders this year imo. storm or Easts for mine.

No but since 07 we have decided the eventual winners

Manly will not make the Grand Final this year. They don't have enough size in the Forwards to get that far. Personally I am hoping Souths can come home to nab the minor premiership because a prelim final game against Manly at home would suit Souths down to the ground.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Melbourne are going to come third so coming 2nd will be a better result for souths or easts IMO. I'd rather play the storm in week 1 then week 3. Even if you lose who cares, they should pump any of the 5-8 sides in week 2, then play in Sydney in week 3 against someone who isn't the storm

If they happen to beat Melbourne in week 1 fanastic, they avoid them til the grand final and will go in knowing they can beat them.

Last edited:
Melbourne are going to come third so coming 2nd will be a better result for souths or easts IMO. I'd rather play the storm in week 1 then week 3. Even if you lose who cares, they should pump any of the 5-8 sides in week 2, then play in Sydney in week 3 against someone who isn't the storm

If they happen to beat Melbourne in week 1 fanastic, they avoid them til the grand final and will go in knowing they can beat them.

I reckon both Souths and the Roosters would rather play Manly in week one. They would both feel that they can get over the top of Manly and get the next week off.

Neither would want to play the Storm as a loss in week one means an extra finals game. Regardless of who you meet in the finals, the game will be tough.

I think Souths in particular would be eyeing off any sort of extra time they can give the likes of Inglis and Sutton on the sideline.

Not that Manly are pushovers, by any means of the word... Just that I think both the Roosters and Souths would feel they have Manly covered whereas, I don't think either would walk into a match with the Storm feeling that way.

t-ba

Post Whore
But, but, but... "Melbourne & Manly have been the two best sides in the comp every single year since 2007"... didn't you know??

:lol: Notice how not a single other soul in that thread had a problem understanding that statement. Thanks for remembering me though. Maybe we can have this argument and you can lose again back in the troll cave instead of here.

Anyways, can not see past Melbourne and the Chooks. The Rabbitohs beat us but it was the least impressive performance of a top 4 side against us all season.

Last edited: