What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Halves 6 T Carney 7 S Johnson

Just throwing it out there

Carney just been released and wont be around on 2012 and pretty sure Maloney wont be around after the 2012 season so is it worth a punt.

Diffenrent City, Country and enviroment mite be the one for him. Get him in with the Poly boys give him one chance only to see if he can prove himself.

Keep him away from K rd and he mite be okay.

Is he worth a punt or is he Aussies version of Sione Faumuina

Personally i be 10000000000000% pissed if this happens but footys a buisness now and it could happen

Thoughts

Micistm

Bench
Hmm, interesting thought...for me, no. IMO he's too much of a bad risk. He's had more than enough chances and I can't see him staying on the straight and narrow.
That said, the Warriors may well be one of the safer clubs, but it is ultimately up to him to sort his shit out.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Originally, I had no typed out. Simply no.

But look...the Roosters got one hell of a year out of him, they made a GF basically off his back. Then yeah, things got interesting from there. For right or wrong, based on your viewpoint.

With our forward pack, next to Johnson...gee, it's tempting.

I'm probably still no, but all I'm saying is it needs more consideration than the simple 'no' I had initially.

Izz

Bench
That would surprise me a bit, actually. The Cows have done a whole lot over the last 12 months to tidy up a bad culture at the club, and Carney would typify two of the things that plagued them--alcohol abuse and lack of respect for authority.

But hey, maybe i've read their club moves over the last year all wrong.

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
As a kiwi living in Sydney I can honestly say that Carney would benefit moving to Auckland. The Sydney media is flat out ruthless... His last misdemeanor was called in by a cab driver to a media source. NZ doesn't have that sort of media culture.

It would be a waste to let him go to ESL or union.

IanG

Coach
Would he be able to reside over there. Doesn't he have a conviction? Or does it have to be more serious than drink driving? If I remember correctly he got a 6 month suspended sentance for it.

Also would the Warriors want to take a gamble with him?

Seymour anyone?
This guy is in much worse condition (drinking wise) than Seymour was.
No thanks.
Grow NZ talent, dont need Aussie discards!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'd be fine if we signed him, off the field don't be all over him. Let him do his thing off the field to an extent, and he'll still perform on the field for ya.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No... 2013 > 6. Maloney 7. Johnson / 2014 > 6. Tuimavave 7. Johnson

Am I the only one who really doesn't rate Tuimavave? Reasonable player, very average on defence, thought there must've been a better five-eighth kicking around the 20s.

And our beer is piss-weak - Toddy would be fine over here.

Rich102

Staff member
Add to that Maloney will still be here, hopefully with a winners medal in his pocket, and will just be hitting his straps.

hitman82

Bench
If management aren't 100% certain they can keep Maloney here after 2012, they'd be stupid not to make Todd Carney an offer. Todd should look at our success with Seymour, from an off-field point of view; we'd be perfect for him in that respect.

Unless in John, Tuimavavae, Godinet we believe we have adequate cover for when Maloney leaves.