What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJC

Juniors
You really think so. It is definitely better then some designs we have had over the years, but I don't think it is as good as our original design (the same as the one we had last year).

Yes, That V chest style strip would rank as the best or equal to any of the tops the raiders have brought out.

I also think that if the Raiders are on the crest of a wave that this jumper will be a big time seller!

After having a night to sleep on the Brocs design, I don't mind it... It's unusual, it's not really a traditional RL design but it's unique and I like how it's got more yellow/gold.

But the 25 year badge is shit.

GAZF

First Grade
Yes, That V chest style strip would rank as the best or equal to any of the tops the raiders have brought out.

I also think that if the Raiders are on the crest of a wave that this jumper will be a big time seller!

The current Raiders jumper is the most average of all that they've had. Some have been better and some worse. Aside from poor execution (too thick, too flat and cut off), the striping is too busy to put the Raiders logo on top of. The best we've looked in 15 years was 2009-2011, its a shame that we've been moving away from it.

mn_tibor

Juniors
I noticed on the cover of the Rugby League Week 2013 season preview that Dave Taylor's Titans jersey is the 2012 style but with the new NRL logo. Maybe they have come to their senses and are not going ahead with rumored new jersey. Can't see why they would add the new logo to a jersey they don't intend to use.

RLW_2811_300.jpg

sheepbender

Juniors
I noticed on the cover of the Rugby League Week 2013 season preview that Dave Taylor's Titans jersey is the 2012 style but with the new NRL logo. Maybe they have come to their senses and are not going ahead with rumored new jersey. Can't see why they would add the new logo to a jersey they don't intend to use.

RLW_2811_300.jpg

Anasta looks out of place, like hes heads been photoshopped on..

Whats this rumoured new Titans jersey, are there pictures, or just rumours simply because theyve had the design for 3 years?

Joker's Wild

Coach
I dont think its that bad really. At the end of the day, whenever a club makes any radical change to their strip its usually met with a barrage of negativity. Id much rather a plain, simple, boring looking strip over a dogs breakfast ala 19 out of the last 20 jerseys the Tigers have had.

Thats like saying you'd rather root Julia Gillard over Bronwyn Bishop. Sure, Julia is the better option but both would leave you feeling very disappointed in yourself for what you had done.

Frailty

First Grade
Why has Ryans jersey got no sponsor? What happened to Shark Energy Drinks?

Apparently the deal with Shark Energy allows us to sign another company as major sponsor, and should we not find one, they will continue being the jersey sponsor.

mn_tibor

Juniors
Anasta looks out of place, like hes heads been photoshopped on..

Whats this rumoured new Titans jersey, are there pictures, or just rumours simply because theyve had the design for 3 years?

I'm talking about this from the Titans forum:

attachment.php

I think it's been posted before.

The Great Dane

First Grade

Well that's a given, all it will take is for the Raiders to be serious contenders and everybody in Canberra will be the Raiders number 1 fan again, that's just the culture here. Just look at last year we were struggling to pull a crowd of 10 thousand, then we make the finals and everybody in Canberra who just weeks earlier were bagging us saying we were hopeless, start falling over each other for tickets.

It wouldn't matter what the jersey design was, if it looked like we might make the grand final they would sell like hotcakes down here.

Clarke

Juniors
The new NRL logo looks shit on the Warriors jersey, I'm glad they are getting a black and white version in 2014, however if it looks shit on the Warriors it'll look bad on the Penrith and Melbourne home jerseys too. The only team it really seems to suit is Souths

Actually it's not as bad as I first thought it would be.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think the 2014 version (all clubs wearing the NRL Premiership logo) will look a little less harsh - a few darker colours in that logo and the yellow vee in the logo isnt as obvious.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The current Raiders jumper is the most average of all that they've had. Some have been better and some worse. Aside from poor execution (too thick, too flat and cut off), the striping is too busy to put the Raiders logo on top of. The best we've looked in 15 years was 2009-2011, its a shame that we've been moving away from it.

I disagree with the bold, I think that we have to let the old design die now (except for heritage round and the like) and let the new generation of players form their own identity. That old jersey reminds us of the good times but now it is time for us to stop living in the past and to try and create some new good times, and I think those new good times are just around the corner and who knows maybe in 18 years time we will be looking back on the time that we wore the current jersey and wishing we could go back and relive those times again to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts