What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Junior Reps (Harold Matts & SG Ball) plus other news

MA61

Juniors
I saw most of the Illawarra v Manly match. Illawarra with 13 on the field were all over Manly and led 18-0. Mid way through the first half the Illawarra centre got sent off and Manly came back to be down 18-14 at half time. Illawarra struggled with 12 players and Manly are a pretty good team. They were physically bigger then Illawarra. The most disappointing aspect for the Illawarra team was the poor performance by rep centre Dee Jay Harris. This guy is almost unstoppable yet when Illawarra were down to 12 he rarely touched the ball. Young should tell this guy to get the ball twice in every set of six in the opposition's 20. This guy needs a rocket. Hastings is a good player, tough and vigorous. But I think he's a 7.

We missed the reason why he got sent off (clearly not a good view as I said I thought he only got 10) from where we were sitting didn't look like there was anything in it?? Funny we were saying how much bigger Illawarra were!

drago brelli

Bench
The Illawarra centre was sent off on a touch judge's report. I think he used his forearm to the head of a Manly player. Does anyone know what has happened to Jack Bird? I heard he had a knee injury. Also, why isn't Brock Skelly playing SG Ball for Illawarra?

Tucantango

Juniors
You can do what you like champ. I haven't lived in Qld for nearly 10 years so I couldn't give a shit what you say about the QRL junior reps. I'm talking about a CRL side beating the Eels. Doesn't say much for the comp. It's not the first time it's happened either.

I'm sorry ECT but I cannot engage you in a competition of witty repartee as I have a steadfast rule about arguing with idiots.

When you argue with idiots they always bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

And before you ask; yes i do hide behind sarcasm because telling people like yourself to go and f%*k themselves is considered rude in most social situations.

Nevertheless M4E did offer you some great advice about closing the door behind yourself when you leave! Why not take it?

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
The Illawarra centre was sent off on a touch judge's report. I think he used his forearm to the head of a Manly player. Does anyone know what has happened to Jack Bird? I heard he had a knee injury. Also, why isn't Brock Skelly playing SG Ball for Illawarra?

Yep Jack Bird is out for 6 weeks with a knee injury. Is completely devastated not to be out there and is probably their most talented/influential player and captain. They really seem to step up an extra gear when he is playing

Youngguns2013

Juniors
Ok guys if anyone cares, knights destroyed SWSA 64 to 6 at cessnock yesterday arvo in 37 degree temperatures. All the knights played great. This is one good little team with many many talented footballers. I liked brock lamb and the captain french as well as rick stones son who came on from the bench fresh to inject some energy. the full back for the knight lochie gallegos dosnt stop the whole game and being one of the smallest definitely dosnt stop him from taking some big hits. the newcastle forwards also have the goods and next week a few players on rep duties and jack cogger return. Nangarra baker had a fantastic game for nsw as well. Go knights

I'm sorry ECT but I cannot engage you in a competition of witty repartee as I have a steadfast rule about arguing with idiots.

When you argue with idiots they always bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

And before you ask; yes i do hide behind sarcasm because telling people like yourself to go and f%*k themselves is considered rude in most social situations.

Nevertheless M4E did offer you some great advice about closing the door behind yourself when you leave! Why not take it?
You can't argue because you've got nothing. Trying to bring up some shit about the Easts Tigers from a few years ago in response to a post about a CRL team, I can see why you wouldn't want to dwell on a lame f**kup like that.

And it wasn't just a trial game. It was the week before the season started with players playing for starting spots. AND they had been training together for months AND played several other trials. The country kids had trained once since before xmas and had NEVER played a game together. Yet they made the Eels look ordinary. This HM Cup is not what it's cracked up to be. Country kids would be better off staying with their local teams than going to Sydney for this tournament. And tournament is all it is.

Tucantango

Juniors
You can't argue because you've got nothing. Trying to bring up some shit about the Easts Tigers from a few years ago in response to a post about a CRL team, I can see why you wouldn't want to dwell on a lame f**kup like that.

And it wasn't just a trial game. It was the week before the season started with players playing for starting spots. AND they had been training together for months AND played several other trials. The country kids had trained once since before xmas and had NEVER played a game together. Yet they made the Eels look ordinary. This HM Cup is not what it's cracked up to be. Country kids would be better off staying with their local teams than going to Sydney for this tournament. And tournament is all it is.

ROTFLMFAO@ECT!

Champ I could eat a bowl of 'Alphabet Soup' and shit a better argument than the one you have presented above, however I will defer to my earlier post about lowering myself to your level and getting beat with experience!

Have a nice life!

Like I said, you've got nothing. The old "I couldn't be bothered arguing" line is weak. Almost as lame as trying to score points by saying the Easts Tigers got beaten by the best team in NSW several years ago when the issue was a CRL team beating a Sydney side last week. If that was the best you had I'm not surprised you're catting out.

LeaguesFan

Juniors

Brock Skelly is now too old for SG Ball, i heard he was with the 20's squad but moved to Canberra for work. Does anyone know why Abraham Atallah did not play for the Steelers on the weekend noticed he wasn't named is he injured ?

Is the Manly junior league dead ? Just looking through their SG Ball squad, about half of them are from the Central Coast, a few from Group 2, one from Penrith, Parra etc ... I think out of 25 you'd be lucky to find 10 locals.

It's very much in Manly's self interest to undermine in any way possible the Central Coast Bears attempts at being admitted to the NRL; I mean let's face it, they'd never get an 18s squad together without plundering the cream from Ourimbah, The Entrance, Wyong, Woy Woy, Umina etc etc ...

girvie

Staff member
Is the Manly junior league dead ? Just looking through their SG Ball squad, about half of them are from the Central Coast, a few from Group 2, one from Penrith, Parra etc ... I think out of 25 you'd be lucky to find 10 locals.

It's very much in Manly's self interest to undermine in any way possible the Central Coast Bears attempts at being admitted to the NRL; I mean let's face it, they'd never get an 18s squad together without plundering the cream from Ourimbah, The Entrance, Wyong, Woy Woy, Umina etc etc ...

Manly have the following 13 local juniors in their SG Ball side: 1. Tom Trbojevic, 2. Ryan Mahwhinney, 3. Mitchell Britton, 11. James Parker, 17. Robert Wolfgramm, 18. Aisea Tukipili, 19. Judd Hanlon, 20. Hayden Cochrane, 21. Beau Abrahams, 22. Scott Moran, 23. Mitchell Thomas, 24. Jared Palmer, 26. Charles Buttrose

They also have 8 players from the Central Coast being: 5. Jesse Ramien, 7. Nicho Hynes, 8. Nick Lynn, 9. TJ McLean, 12. Liam Knight, 13. Dallas Koen, 14. Wade Hannell, 15 Darcy Cox

Other Central Coast juniors playing SG Ball at other clubs include: Brad Keighran (9. Canterbury), Josh Montgomery (11. Canterbury), Ben Steven (10. Newcastle), Jordan Huckstepp (7. North Sydney), Jacob McCudden (11. North Sydney), Myles Taueli (10. Penrith), Willis Meehan (23. Roosters). There is also Will Pearsall at Manly (playing NYC) and Blake Harrison at Parramatta (injured).

That is at least 17 Central Coast juniors at other clubs. Combine them with the best of the Central Coast SG Ball team and they would be one of the teams to beat.

Clifferd

Coach
Illawarra & Roosters Results:

HM: Illawarra 8 - Roosters 20
SG Ball: Illawarra 20 - Roosters 12

Manly have the following 13 local juniors in their SG Ball side: 1. Tom Trbojevic, 2. Ryan Mahwhinney, 3. Mitchell Britton, 11. James Parker, 17. Robert Wolfgramm, 18. Aisea Tukipili, 19. Judd Hanlon, 20. Hayden Cochrane, 21. Beau Abrahams, 22. Scott Moran, 23. Mitchell Thomas, 24. Jared Palmer, 26. Charles Buttrose

They also have 8 players from the Central Coast being: 5. Jesse Ramien, 7. Nicho Hynes, 8. Nick Lynn, 9. TJ McLean, 12. Liam Knight, 13. Dallas Koen, 14. Wade Hannell, 15 Darcy Cox

Other Central Coast juniors playing SG Ball at other clubs include: Brad Keighran (9. Canterbury), Josh Montgomery (11. Canterbury), Ben Steven (10. Newcastle), Jordan Huckstepp (7. North Sydney), Jacob McCudden (11. North Sydney), Myles Taueli (10. Penrith), Willis Meehan (23. Roosters). There is also Will Pearsall at Manly (playing NYC) and Blake Harrison at Parramatta (injured).

That is at least 17 Central Coast juniors at other clubs. Combine them with the best of the Central Coast SG Ball team and they would be one of the teams to beat.

Absolutely ! Nice research by the way.
Chuck in a few noteworthy Matthews Cup juniors too ...Jack Cogger (Newcastle Matts) and Tristian McKay (Manly) who are both Toukley Hawks juniors ... and Adam Keighran (Canterbury) from Wyong ... Robbie Rodger (Newcastle) from Ourimbah ... just to name a few.

The Coast is certainly producing some fine talent.

Tucantango

Juniors
Went out to the Dragons v Bulldogs games. Doggies ran away with Matt's in the second half however the SG Ball Game was a complete reversal of fortunes for the Dragons!

The scoreboard can only flatter the Doggies as they should have been absolutely pumped in the wet weather! For the Dragons the forwards were absolutely magnificent especially Blake, Leilua and Tuima. They monstered their doggies counterparts. In saying that someone needs to have a word in the ear of Blake as he was unnecessarily dirty at times!

With respect to the Dogs, where is their Matt's team of 2011. I saw the likes of Iuta and some of their other big forwards sitting in the stands and they didn't look injured to me. Neither did their winger Langi who was also joining his team mates in the stands! doesn't say much for the junior recruitment at Belmore

One can only hope that the Dragons boys can continue this good form!

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Today at Kippax

HM Raiders 12 Sharks 46
Ball Raiders 18 Sharks 26

wow:sarcasm:

what a difference a few weeks can make
these same 2 clubs played each other at the same venue in a trial a few weeks ago & the Raiders touched the Sharks up pretty convincingly in both grades

how does the saying go
Trial form means zip

& heres the proof
Sharks very good

Raiders ... well , the less said the better :?