What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

dimitri

First Grade
Congrats to the Bulldogs on their "Pledge Membership" initiative. I've always wondered why teams don't try to lever off a run to the GF by selling memberships for the following year, prior to the GF. Make the most of the fans passion while it's still pumping through the veins. Sure the draw may not be out, but unless a club is poorly run (ie my eels), they should know exactly WHERE they are going to play their home games the following season, maybe just not WHEN.

I've seen it done in other sports, but as usual the NRL is behind the times.

Yeah Agree!!!!
s
I think in the past, the NRL has done it a bit in conjunction with the clubs in the semis

ie I think you have been able to buy your semi ticket + $50 Membership voucher or something like that

But yeah dogs have gone out and done it themselves, so hopefully helps them to reach record number

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Renewed my Roosters membership a few week ago. Can't make anywhere near the amount of game I want to due to work commitments but i still had to renew.

Lambretta

First Grade
I renewed my bronze membership for the Roosters a couple of weeks ago.

Same package as last year, which is phenomenal value at $99 plus postage

Guess I'll be able to buy more latte's to sip now :roll:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I renewed my bronze membership for the Roosters a couple of weeks ago.

Same package as last year, which is phenomenal value at $99 plus postage

Guess I'll be able to buy more latte's to sip now :roll:

I'm sure I read a few weeks back that we won't be taking any home games away next year either so it's slightly increased value from this years as well if true.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think memberships will rise considerably now with the fixed draw and with the Bulldogs fans still high off a successful season, they will have the highest jump.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
That and I think we're becoming way more aware of the membership culture and how it's a great thing for the game. Even if I couldn't attend one game in the year I'd buy one.

IanG

Coach
Knights still only have the Register Your Interest for 2013 for new members. Pre-existing members don't need to register. Would still like to renew mine the sooner the better cause I wanna keep the seat I had this year

ash the bash

Juniors
Renewed my Bunnies membership yesterday, if you are unable to go to games get a non-ticketed membership the least anyone can do for their club.

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
Just renewed mine (Premiers club) Storm up to 2019 which is a solid start. Amazing what happens when you get your act together and release the membership packages closer towards the seasons end as opposed to the seasons start......

yobbo84

Coach
Souths have set a target of 25,000 memberships for 2013. Tagline is "Stand Above the Rest" - obviously aiming for most memberships in the NRL.

Now that they're playing 3 of our 12 home games away from ANZ Stadium in 2013, I doubt they'll reach the target. There are quite a few disappointed supporters (myself included) with that decision. I'll obviously keep buying a membership, but we'll see what happens with other members.

Currently they have sold 1,305 memberships (source: http://membership.rabbitohs.com.au/)

2013 Membership Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdSnbw4O5ic

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
Just renewed mine (Premiers club) Storm up to 2019 which is a solid start. Amazing what happens when you get your act together and release the membership packages closer towards the seasons end as opposed to the seasons start......

Can you get 7 year memberships down there?

Last edited:

TheDalek079

Bench
renewed my Easts membership today. also, this year we've started a loyalty program. since it's my sixth year i'll be in the freddy club

Expansion

Juniors
Souths have set a target of 25,000 memberships for 2013. Tagline is "Stand Above the Rest" - obviously aiming for most memberships in the NRL.

Now that they're playing 3 of our 12 home games away from ANZ Stadium in 2013, I doubt they'll reach the target. There are quite a few disappointed supporters (myself included) with that decision. I'll obviously keep buying a membership, but we'll see what happens with other members.

Currently they have sold 1,305 memberships (source: http://membership.rabbitohs.com.au/)

2013 Membership Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdSnbw4O5ic

I applaud your team for putting the best interests of the game above their own best interest. It also fits in with the NRL's strategic plan of getting more matches played in more areas.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
renewed my Easts membership today. also, this year we've started a loyalty program. since it's my sixth year i'll be in the freddy club

Its a fantastic idea im in my third year. Always said this on the NRL membership feedback survey and looks like the chooks have reacted first. Haven't heard of any other clubs doing it yet but i stand to be corrected

H.H

Juniors
Its a fantastic idea im in my third year. Always said this on the NRL membership feedback survey and looks like the chooks have reacted first. Haven't heard of any other clubs doing it yet but i stand to be corrected
Yeah I like it too.

12th straight year of membership coming up for me. Will be in the Jack Gibson club...will renew in the new year though.

Lambretta

First Grade
I'm sure I read a few weeks back that we won't be taking any home games away next year either so it's slightly increased value from this years as well if true.

Hopefully we have learned from the disaster in Darwin in 2012.

I don't mind us taking a game elsewhere, but it should be done to suit our club, not the club we're playing.

Taking on the Warriors in NZ or Cowboy in Darwin or Newcastle or Manly on the Central Coast are all stupid, stupid, stupid ideas. We're basically giving away a home game doing things like that. If we're going to play the Cowboys on neutral ground then do it in Adelaide or Tasmania. If we want to play in Darwin then f**king play the Cowboys, Warriors or Raiders there. It's not rocket science.

Back on the subject of our memberships - I was talking to a staff member at work who mentioned she is a Roosters fan and goes to a couple of games each season. So I sent her a link to memberships and told her if she buys a bronze membership and goes to three games she's broken even at worst and is probably ahead with all the free stuff she gets. I'll follow her up and make sure she joins up.

applesauce

Bench
We're basically giving away a home game doing things like that. If we're going to play the Cowboys on neutral ground then do it in Adelaide or Tasmania. If we want to play in Darwin then f**king play the Cowboys, Warriors or Raiders there. It's not rocket science.

:?;-)

docbrown

Coach
Hopefully we have learned from the disaster in Darwin in 2012.

I don't mind us taking a game elsewhere, but it should be done to suit our club, not the club we're playing.

Obviously you're talking about the on field result but of course you'd realise that - for example - playing the Warriors in New Zealand is going to make the Roosters more money and attract more interest than playing Penrith in New Zealand - and that's the main reason why they do it. It's helping out your club more.

Also the fact that it helps the game overall if you give people in that area another team that they want to see.

I'd suggest that if you can't win on the road then the problem is a lot bigger than giving up one home game...

Expansion

Juniors
Wait, so let me get this right.

As a part of the commission strategic plan, a plan many of us finally wanted/needed the game to have, clubs are being encourage to spread the game more and play more games in these sort of areas. Along with Mackay, Perth, China, New Zealand etc etc. The Roosters have turned around and said that all their home games will be played in Sydney?

Is this a club looking out for the games best interest?

Latest posts