What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Wimbledon

cleary89

Coach
In the queue, number 4067. With any luck should see both stosur and tomic. With a few of the other fanatics crew.

Apey

Staff member
I don't think a grand slam has ever been this crazy. Roger, Rafa, Tsonga, Sharapova, Azarenka all out and we're only in the second round. I think it makes for a predictable outcome though (Williams and Djokovic winning), although if they fall as well it becomes incredibly interesting.

Yeah it's a double-edged sword. Sure some upsets here and there are interesting but it all but confirms the final/winner if no other huge upsets take place. Just need Djoko, Murray & Serena to bomb out...

cleary89

Coach
Stosur way too good. f**k she looks like a man. Serve reguarly around the 115mph mark which was about what blake and tomic were averaging. Tomic bit shakey at the end but too good. Went over and shook hands with all the fanatics and gave one of them his towel.

Also saw lleyton lose the first 2 sets in the doubles. f**k bec is looking smoking hot even when pushing a pram and carrying the other kid.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Just give the men's singles title to Murray already!

*secretly wants him to fall so we can have an open men's singles draw*

ek999

First Grade
Stosur dominated her match but she dropped her serve twice in the first serve. She will struggle in the next couple of rounds unless she improves on that. Watched the first 2 sets of Tomic's match and he dominated although he could have been more aggressive some of the time. Apparantly he got a bit nervous towards the end of the third but he is still only 20 so that can be excused. If he beats Gasquet he should be able to get through to a quarter final against Novak

BDR

First Grade
She has never been great on grass, her style is definitely more suited to clay and hard courts.

Shame she didn't end up on the other side of the draw, she still has Williams, Radwanska and Li on her side of the draw, the other only really has Kvitova and maybe Sloane Stephens in terms of serious title challengers

ek999

First Grade
I think Stosur has the skills to play well on grass. She just doesn't change her style of play at all from how she plays on clay and hard courts. I would like too see her come into the net more because she is a good volleyer. On the rest of the women I'm hoping for a Stephens/Bouchard semi. Would be good to see a young player in the final and both are tipped to be top 10 in the future. Date-Krumm is playing her second ever match on centre court. The first was a semi in 1996 :shock: it's amazing how good she is at 42

Xfactor1979

Bench
*listening in to the Wimbledon broadcast courtesy of wimbledon.com*

they had some Australians talking on an interview during the rain break, and yes, contrary to what we believe, Australians do have an accent :p

When they have international situations (eg the Ashes) and when an Australian comes up to talk in comparison to a foreign accent (doesnt matter where), Australians had the misbelief that someone 'talks normal' when they hear the Australian accent :p

PS alot of foreigners find the Australian accent sexy (what accent?) even a Westie's :p

And speaking of accents, the Brit chick in the autograph tent sounds hot. the affluent British accent is my favourite Anglo based accent

Tomic beats a top 10 opponent, hopefully he can knock over Berdych in the 4th round because I think another strong run at Wimbledon might help him see his dad is more of a detriment to him than he realises.

As for Stosur, she's always struggled at Wimbledon and she came up against a very good grass courter, a match she was always going to find difficult.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Pretty decent draw for Bernie, Berdych is good but he isn't playing out of his skin well. That said Tomic needs to not got to sleep for half a set like he did against Gasquet and it almost killed him. You do that against Berdych with his serve- good luck!

Apey

Staff member
No games being televised on Foxtel/FTA tonight?

edit: oh derp, it's Sunday.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
There has never been play on the first Sunday at Wimbledon. Of course, it is the official catch up day due to wet weather so most year’s it gets used.

It is a minor miracle when it doesn’t get used.

Latest posts