What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Very interesting.

It will be even more interesting to see if other SL clubs follow suit in the coming years with the 20th anniversary of SL coming up.

If I ran the NRL I would fine any club that participated in selling Super League themed gear on the grounds that anyone who thinks treason is worth celebrating should be fined or removed from the game.

some11

Referee
Can't find a picture online, but saw the broncos heritage jersey in a sports shop. Might ruffle a few feathers, the only thing missing is the big s.

BiHvfGQCcAEk1IS.jpg:large

The Great Dane

First Grade
It would be pretty funny (and a good marketing gimmick) to see them use this jersey against us in the Raiders version of this jersey.

GAZF

First Grade
Bad taste aside, that Broncos jersey is so poorly done. Nike made the original design so why is it so hard to get the small things right? There's even less maroon than the original, those chevrons have unnecessary curves in them and the positioning is terrible.

It also feels too soon to be commemorating a jersey from ~15 years ago, feel the same way about the Roosters 2002 design - there's just less of a nostalgia feeling about them compared to previous efforts. They should have just done the diamonds jersey as mentioned.

It would be pretty funny (and a good marketing gimmick) to see them use this jersey against us in the Raiders version of this jersey.

It would be neither.

beave

Coach
But just to add, that monstrosity still looks better than their current jerseys, which says a lot. Just wear the 9's jersey away and an inverse version at home and be done with it. Seriously, whoever allows these designs needs f**king slapping.

GAZF

First Grade
But just to add, that monstrosity still looks better than their current jerseys, which says a lot. Just wear the 9's jersey away and an inverse version at home and be done with it. Seriously, whoever allows these designs needs f**king slapping.

I wouldn't want the Broncos apeing the Cowboys striping style.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Broncos' Under 20's jersey is superb. If you ignore the fact that the maroon's so dark it looks black from a distant and the gold is so orange I thought they were the Tigers at first.

But the design - simple and classy. Make it first grade, pronto!

2014-03-07175752-1.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't enjoy agreeing with Timmah but he's right.

What annoys me is when clubs have a better secondary/junior/alternate jersey than their first grade main jersey. So they do know what a good jersey looks like. They are capable of making one. But still too geniused to have it as their main.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Don't like brisbanes jersey last night. The nrma on the white background looks horrendous and the design itself is not great

hellteam

First Grade
It's because the 20s jersey was chosen by the fans. The first grade jerseys are chosen by someone at Nike who has no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts