What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambretta

First Grade
Timmah, that design is basically the one I described a few posts up the page

It's clean, simple and really good looking

Re the Broncos heritage jersey - I don't think it is trying to be the Super League era one, but a jersey that came slightly after that period

Can anyone post up their away jerseys since SL?

hellteam

First Grade
Broncos kept the same design from Super League for the 1998 season. I think it's exactly the same, just with the NRL badge obviously.

892450-alfie.jpg

The Great Dane

First Grade
It would be neither.

The angry anti-Superleague rants in the media alone would make it worth it for the Raiders, as you know we desperately need any exposure that we can get.

The meltdowns (particularly by BM) on here would be hilarious to say the least, and the potential hype (for lack of a better word) around game would probably lead to more interest in a Raiders game then any other in a regular season.

So yeah it would be both funny and a good gimmick, in fact the more and more I talk about it the more and more I hope some of the other SL teams follow suit and maybe even have the balls to stick the S on theirs as well, especially the Raiders.

I'd still refuse to wear one of the Raiders ones or even buy one though...

LESStar58

Referee
Broncos kept the same design from Super League for the 1998 season. I think it's exactly the same, just with the NRL badge obviously.

892450-alfie.jpg

And The Broncos badge. They weren't allowed to use it in SL because the ARL had copyright on the logo. The only teams with SL logos IIRC were the Mariners and Rams.

flippikat

Bench
I think the key here is how they market the jersey - there's a difference between a replica of a jersey and a design inspired by an old jersey.

If they don't claim it's a replica, then they're *technically* not in the wrong.

Still it's a perverse choice - especially since many out there want to see the diamond jersey come back. Hell, loads of fans would be happy if they got an accurate replica of the 1992 or 1988 jersey with 2014 badges & sponsors.

I honestly think there should be some co-ordination of heritage round so that each year is a theme - whether it's a certain year or a certain decade.

For instance next year, the NRL could celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 1995 expansion and have all teams playing in replicas of their home or away 1995 jerseys.

Not sure what the Storm would wear, but the Titans could play in this:
l_95%20extreme%20teams0001.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
The angry anti-Superleague rants in the media alone would make it worth it for the Raiders, as you know we desperately need any exposure that we can get.

The meltdowns (particularly by BM) on here would be hilarious to say the least, and the potential hype (for lack of a better word) around game would probably lead to more interest in a Raiders game then any other in a regular season.

So yeah it would be both funny and a good gimmick, in fact the more and more I talk about it the more and more I hope some of the other SL teams follow suit and maybe even have the balls to stick the S on theirs as well, especially the Raiders.

I'd still refuse to wear one of the Raiders ones or even buy one though...

The club has a perceived disconnect from its fans, the media is generally negative or ignorant of us, and Super League is almost universally frowned upon. The Broncos are stupid enough to do it but I hope the Raiders aren't. The negative exposure far outweighs the chance to troll LU members imo.

some11

Referee
I honestly think there should be some co-ordination of heritage round so that each year is a theme - whether it's a certain year or a certain decade.

For instance next year, the NRL could celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 1995 expansion and have all teams playing in replicas of their home or away 1995 jerseys.

I like this idea, with the stipulation that the jerseys have to be exact replicas (aside from sponsors of course)

No tinkering with history.

flippikat

Bench
The club has a perceived disconnect from its fans, the media is generally negative or ignorant of us, and Super League is almost universally frowned upon. The Broncos are stupid enough to do it but I hope the Raiders aren't. The negative exposure far outweighs the chance to troll LU members imo.

I think if any club had the nerve to try a Super League heritage jersey, it was always going to be the Broncos.

It's hard to imagine any other ex-SL clubs following them.

Even if you put aside the circumstances around the war, most of the designs are just rubbish - though the Cowboys & Sharks jerseys were sort-of alright.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1363159287-790775-jpg.54439

mawA4sEhnGkOTr3SNY9Ve_A.jpg

Diesel

Referee
Storm's jersey is wrecked with a massive box around the Crown logo on the front

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Cowboys and Perth probably had the best jerseys in SL, althought Perth and Cronulla had the same design the Perth colours seemed to go better together.

Penrith was the worst

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
What's the deal with black boxes on the back of storm shorts

With nothing written on them

Are they promoting an aero plane data recording company ?

thorson1987

Coach
What's the deal with black boxes on the back of storm shorts

With nothing written on them

Are they promoting an aero plane data recording company ?

If you paid attention instead of whinging, you would know that is where Crown Resorts were originally going to be until the upgraded the other day

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Broncos gradient jersey looked much better than I expected. White box ruined it. Surely NRMA can blend in - check out the wanderers. Move it down and make it maroon writing on yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts