What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Knights away jersey looked crap. That club has just about made a hobby of coming up with crap jerseys. Amazing how many ways you can screw up red and blue.

Lambretta

First Grade
Broncos kept the same design from Super League for the 1998 season. I think it's exactly the same, just with the NRL badge obviously.

Yeah, maybe that's the one I was thinking of, but I thought there the one after that was also similar

Still, the Broncos will merely say "its in the spirit of Super League"

and they'd be right. It's shite

Cows jersey is cool.
Newcastle....dunno why they went with that strip.

The broncos super league one is dumb because they didnt even do it correctly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Knights away strip is 2002 away strip re-hashed isn't it?

The Great Dane

First Grade
The club has a perceived disconnect from its fans

Firstly the disconnect isn't perceived, it's fact.

Secondly I don't really see what difference this would make on the decision to wear the jerseys anyway, but I will add that most Canberra based Raiders fans at the time were either indifferent to SL or in favor of it.

the media is generally negative or ignorant of us

The media don't have the chance to be negative about us, they're to busy ignoring our existence.

That's why a small act of defiance like wearing our SL jersey (especially with the S) would be such a good idea IMO, if only for a little while it would force the media (Nine in particular) to take some notice of us.

As an added bonus the general hate around the club may bring the boys closer together with that us against the world siege mentality that the team desperately needs a good dose of.

and Super League is almost universally frowned upon. The Broncos are stupid enough to do it but I hope the Raiders aren't. The negative exposure far outweighs the chance to troll LU members imo.

Look lets be honest, any exposure is good exposure especially for a club like the Raiders that struggles to gain and maintain main sponsors because we don't give very much brand exposure for the amount of money that they are paying.

For a similar amount of money (if not less) Huawei pays to sponsor us they could become the main sponsor of the Eels and get double if not triple the amount of exposure that they get from us, it's a huge problem for any club when they can't compete for sponsorship with back to back wooden spoon winners, but it's even worse for a small club in a small market like us, and in my (very) humble opinion if we have to paint ourselves as the bad guys to compete (like Manly has to, and it hasn't hurt them) then that's what we have to do to further the club, and that makes it worth it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I would suspend any club official responsible for SL gear if I ran the NRL.

Treason is worse than peptides.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Knights away strip is 2002 away strip re-hashed isn't it?

Somewhere around then. Looked shit then, looks shit now.

I had thought they might have finally figured it out last year. I think they wore their official home jersey once, and the rest of the time went with the vertical bars "alternate" kit that actually looks good. Last year's away kit (worn by the NSW Cup team today) didn't look too bad either.

Speaking of shockers, our new away jersey is crap. Not 2010 "Wolverine" crap, but crap nonetheless. Thought they might have finally decided to make the Steelers jersey the permanent alternate (which it should have always been), but no, we had to go back to coming up with a new abomination each year.

beave

Coach
Cowboys looked good tonite

Canberra look shit always

I disagree about our jersey mate, I still think the stripes should be grey. The cows and nrl logos are lost in the yellow, the Toyota logo looks ridiculous and the home and away need to be swapped around.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
In terms of Melbourne, if your shorts sponsor upgrades to a jersey sponsor

Why wouldn't you leave the shorts the same and give your best sponsor some free exposure whilst you negotiate a new shorts deal with a new company

The alternative of a black box, is very amateurish

BunniesMan

Immortal
In terms of Melbourne, if your shorts sponsor upgrades to a jersey sponsor

Why wouldn't you leave the shorts the same and give your best sponsor some free exposure whilst you negotiate a new shorts deal with a new company

The alternative of a black box, is very amateurish

I agree the black box is amateurish. It wouldn't have killed them to get new shorts. As for the "free" exposure. Please. Footy teams aren't a charity. Sponsors get what they paid for. If Crown wanted the shorts slot as well they'd have paid extra.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Camp Quality and the bulldogs obviously thought footy clubs were a charity

The whole saga goes to show that these clubs need to have a 2 to 3 year sponsorship plan that has contingencies built in. So you are not waiting till to the last minute to sign people and changing uniform print runs etc

I wish we had some sponsorship deals like Geelong has in afl where they have had same sponsor for 70 years or something crazy

GAZF

First Grade
I disagree about our jersey mate, I still think the stripes should be grey. The cows and nrl logos are lost in the yellow, the Toyota logo looks ridiculous and the home and away need to be swapped around.

Agree on all points. Too much white and yellow, not enough grey. Wonder what sort of area these larger sponsors occupy because they are getting HUGE.

Timmah

Staff member
Somewhere around then. Looked shit then, looks shit now.

I had thought they might have finally figured it out last year. I think they wore their official home jersey once, and the rest of the time went with the vertical bars "alternate" kit that actually looks good. Last year's away kit (worn by the NSW Cup team today) didn't look too bad either.

Speaking of shockers, our new away jersey is crap. Not 2010 "Wolverine" crap, but crap nonetheless. Thought they might have finally decided to make the Steelers jersey the permanent alternate (which it should have always been), but no, we had to go back to coming up with a new abomination each year.

Both yesterday's alternate strip and last year's alternate strip... sorry but the Knights look like the Bulldogs. Mostly white jerseys with more blue than red, AND blue numbers.

flippikat

Bench

Making those yellow stripes grey would be a great nod to the 1995 jersey - especially if they put one yellow stripe on the top (or a yellow stripe on top & bottom).

Timmah

Staff member
Tigers orange strip looks great. Can't believe it's taken this long for the WT's to get their jersey right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts