What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LESStar58

Referee
2014 panthers heritage
vo5q4n.jpg

Seriously; that is the best jersey we will see ALL year. Well done Penrith! BEAUTIFUL jersey!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Storm, home game in heritage round. Not wearing heritage jersey.

Apparently wearing it old boys day.

https://twitter.com/storm/status/451233124827951105

NRL should say if a club is having a heritage jersey, it must be worn heritage rd.

It's a joke the way it is now.

While I take your point, Melbourne could argue scheduling them to play Gold Coast is the NRL thumbing it's nose at the Heritage Round concept. Apart from being the two newest introduced clubs to the comp, they have no significant history.

Why there couldnt have been Parra v Melb and Bris v GC would've been better pairings, at least Parra/Melb is a GF throwback and Bris v GC is a derby

gzerounian

Juniors
Have posted this before when Penrith released the drawn version but think it is relevant again since the actual jersey has now been released. Do the designers not have a photo of the actual heritage design or do they intentionally make changes to piss people like us off?

2vm7q14.jpg

Blues Riff

Bench
It's not a replica mate, just a heritage strip. Brown at the front down to the top of the V neck would have been good though. I still like it. It will look great on the paddock today.
Different badges, different sponsor, different times. The brown and white cotton replicas with the 3/4 sleeves and Penrith City sponsor are still available. I'm wearing mine.

rabbitohs95

Bench
While I take your point, Melbourne could argue scheduling them to play Gold Coast is the NRL thumbing it's nose at the Heritage Round concept. Apart from being the two newest introduced clubs to the comp, they have no significant history.

Why there couldnt have been Parra v Melb and Bris v GC would've been better pairings, at least Parra/Melb is a GF throwback and Bris v GC is a derby

Agreed, it's quite hard to set up a rivalry/heritage round when half the teams came in or merged in the last 10 years of the 20th century.

Personally i'd have a local derby/growing rivalry/GF rematch system;

Brisbane vs Gold Coast (Local Derby 2007)
Wests vs North Queensland (2005 GF rematch)
Melbourne vs New Zealand (Growing rivalry i'd say since 2008 first round final)
Canberra vs Penrith (1990-1991 GF rematch)
Newcastle vs Manly (1997 GF rematch)
Cronulla vs St George (Local Derby 1967)
Souths vs Easts (Local Derby 1908)
Parramatta vs Canterbury (Local Derby 1947)

IS IT THAT HARD NRL?!

gzerounian

Juniors
It's not a replica mate, just a heritage strip..

I know its not an exact replica however being such a plain jersey means a minor difference like this one stands out more than it would on a busier jersey. The 1991 replica was spot on a few years ago. Its just a shame because I've been waiting for them to do this one for years now. It will be interesting to see what shorts and socks they use.

2rogpe8.jpg

Blues Riff

Bench
It might have something to do with the seams on the modern jerseys. I definitely like the artists impression better.

Lambretta

First Grade
Another vote for the Panthers heritage jersey - I don't care if it's not an exact replica. It's a modern interpretation of it and I think it's great.

Lambretta

First Grade
The Magpie on the sleeves is part of the merger agreement. With the main logo being a tiger, it was agreed that it was the fair balance between both sides.

They should have pissed off both and chosen a true merger

images

Wests Hippogriffs

or

Griffin.jpg

Wests Griffins

images

More Griffin!

gzerounian

Juniors
That being said.....I have just watched them warming up on FOX...they look AMAZING!!!
Love the shorts and socks. Well done Penrith.

gallagher

Juniors
I know its not an exact replica however being such a plain jersey means a minor difference like this one stands out more than it would on a busier jersey. The 1991 replica was spot on a few years ago. Its just a shame because I've been waiting for them to do this one for years now. It will be interesting to see what shorts and socks they use.

2rogpe8.jpg

Thats an awesome jersey, I never understood why people hated the brown and white. The heritage one today looks just as good. Well done Penny.

gzerounian

Juniors
is anyone else seeing glimpses of Freddie, Carter, MG, Brandy and Cartwright during this game??
The mud dirtying the jersey makes them look more heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.