What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Membership

ash the bash

Juniors
You can add 3 more to that list NR :) Just renewed me and my wife's also getting a mate a supporter membership he does not know about just yet :) Honestly no excuses it works out to about 7.5 bucks a month to get a supporter membership, if you can afford internet no excuses to get that basic membership.

You can add 3 more to that list NR :) Just renewed me and my wife's also getting a mate a supporter membership he does not know about just yet :) Honestly no excuses it works out to about 7.5 bucks a month to get a supporter membership, if you can afford internet no excuses to get that basic membership.

Ash,are you coming back to Aus?

ash the bash

Juniors
Ash,are you coming back to Aus?

Hey mate, came back for the prelim and had tickets for the GF too. Had corporate tickets so was gonna head to the KB afterwards to celebrate the win :( Never ended up going to the GF too, was too depressed. Hopefully be back in March, and catch up with you and the big fella on round 1 maybe.

Hey mate, came back for the prelim and had tickets for the GF too. Had corporate tickets so was gonna head to the KB afterwards to celebrate the win :( Never ended up going to the GF too, was too depressed. Hopefully be back in March, and catch up with you and the big fella on round 1 maybe.

No worries,for sure.:)

Rabbitohs International Member Has Deep Ties to Club
Words: Tom Skolarikis I Photos: Rabbitohs
Tuesday 29 October 2013 1:04 PM
Rabbitohs International Member Has Deep Ties to Club
Think of the least likely place you’d find a truly passionate Rabbitohs Member. We certainly know a few who have Stood Above the Rest and become International Members. Martin Wesson from Germany though is an international Member with his own unique tie to the red and greens.
“My grandfather was Alf O'Connor, five times premiership winner with Souths and an Australian rep,” says Martin proudly.
His pride is well placed, for not only did Alf help South Sydney to five Premierships during one of the Club’s most successful eras, he was a part of one of the Rabbitohs’ greatest ever forward packs that included the great George Treweek, Alby Carr, Ern Lapham Eddie Root and Harry Cavanough – the nucleus of a pack that took Premierships between 1925 and 1929. Alf’s brother Frank was also a proud Rabbitoh who represented Australia.
Despite the obvious distance between Sydney and Berlin – in addition to the lack of Rugby League – Martin’s special tie to the Rabbitohs is never far from his mind, with the proud Member, now 51, admitting that his country and his team are never far from his mind thanks to his local upbringing and his cherished childhood memories.
“I grew up in Kensington and was exposed to Souths from a very early age,” says Martin.
“I'm now 51 years old and have been living in Berlin since 1986 when I came here as part of my studies at UNSW.
“Over the years I've been asked many times what I think of Australia, and my answer goes something like this: ‘I miss my family and friends, the weather, the beauty of Sydney Harbour and Bondi Beach, and... South Sydney rugby league team’,” says Martin.
For Martin, keeping ties to the Rabbitohs through his International Membership has been more than just a show of support, but a way of thanking his Club for the special memories that he has of his team. And with digital media now making information readily available, keeping up with the Rabbitohs has become easy.
“I check the emails sent to me by the club with links to the official club website and skim other papers,” says Martin.
“Twenty five years ago, I used to go into the Australian consulate and read two month old newspapers!”
With his unwavering passion for the Club, Martin hasn’t stopped there, instead doing his best to convert Germany to the Rabbitohs.
“When I encourage people here to join the club I argue that it doesn't cost so much, and they'll get a keyring, cap and other goodies,” he beams.
“The Germans then look at the eccentric Australian uncertainly and shake their heads a little.”
Easy ways to ‘Stand Above the Rest’ in 2014:
Renewing or joining on a Membership has never been easier. Don’t forget the affordable Rolling Rabbit Payment Plan option where you can pay for your Membership over monthly instalments.

WEB: membership.rabbitohs.com.au
PHONE: Membership Team on 1300 SOUTHS (1300 768 847)
IN PERSON: Visit the Membership Team at Level 4 261-265 Chalmers Street Redfern (M-F 9am-5pm)

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Rabbitohs-International-Member-Has-Deep-Ties-to-Club/86584

McPherson Recruiting New Rabbitohs
Words: Tom Skolarikis I Photos: Nrlphotos.com
Thursday 7 November 2013 3:48 PM
McPherson Recruiting New Rabbitohs
The Rabbitohs’ 2014 Membership campaign is well underway, with 9299 Members already having jumped on board for the new season. Among them, is long-time Souths fan and passionate Member, Cameron McPherson, who renewed six Memberships while managing to add three new Memberships to the tally as well – and Cameron isn’t stopping there!
“I go to building sites for work and start recruiting for the Rabbitohs – I actually did that today!” laughs Cameron.
“I always have my Rabbitohs hat on when I go and every time I’m out there the conversation always ends up heading toward the football and Souths. What I find is it’s incredible how many people love the Club and how many people support us.”
But for Cameron, simply saying that you’re a supporter isn’t quite enough, with the passionate Rabbitoh encouraging everyone from work colleagues to other family and friends to show their support in the best way possible.
“My son’s a diehard Rabbitoh and he was always encouraging me to become a Member – I just thought in the end I’ve got to be involved and put my money where my mouth is.
“You’ve got to stand and be counted! I’ve got my whole family and in-laws involved, kids, grand-children and friends and it’s just great.”
For Cameron, the long love affair with the Rabbitohs began in 1971 – the year of our last Premiership – when as a member of the Army, he was stationed in Sydney for a prolonged period.
“I came to Sydney in 1971 – I was posted here from an Aussie Rules supporting state and I must admit I’d never actually seen Rugby League before,” admitted Cameron.
“I knew when I saw it though that I had to get involved in it. I knew I was going to be here a long time and I’ve never looked back.”
Renewing or joining on a Membership has never been easier. Don’t forget the affordable Rolling Rabbit Payment Plan option where you can pay for your Membership over monthly instalments.
IN PERSON: Visit the Membership Team at Level 4 261-265 Chalmers Street Redfern (M-F 9am-5pm)

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/McPherson-Recruiting-New-Rabbitohs/87009

Barry Ryan Becomes Rabbitohs 10,000th Member
Words & Photo: Tom Skolarikis
Tuesday 12 November 2013 1:25 PM
Barry Ryan Becomes Rabbitohs 10,000th Member
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have today passed through the 10,000 Member mark, just three weeks after going on sale. The honour of being the Club’s 10,000th Member has gone to long-time Rabbitoh and local Maroubra resident, Barry Ryan.
A surprised Barry was informed about him holding the rare distinction when he came to the Rabbitohs’ Chalmers Street office to renew his Membership for the 2014 season.
“It’s pretty exciting and a bit of a shock,” laughed Barry.
“I just hope that a lot of other people sign up, get out and support the boys too because even though we’re doing well, we definitely do need it.
Barry was raised in Maroubra and grew up playing for Souths Junior Club the Maroubra Lions – who also wear red and green – with Barry admitting that since first pulling on that jersey, he became a life-long Rabbitoh.
“I started playing for the Maroubra Lions when I was five years old and was hooked ever since,” reflected Barry.
“Once I pulled that red and green jersey on, I was a Rabbitoh through and through.”
“Growing up, anything to do with Souths – it was just awe inspiring to me as a kid. Bobby McCarthy was my hero in those days and I just loved following the team.”
The passionate Rabbitoh highlighted the importance of jumping on board and becoming a Member moving forward.
“It’s certainly the best way to support the Club,” said Barry.
“It’s loyalty, and I just want them to do well because I’ve been passionate about them all my life. Membership is a way for us supporters to really be a part of it.
“The Club and the boys have done very well for us (Members) to make the finals – that’s very, very exciting for me and for all of us. We’re all hoping that we can take those next few steps and we can all be a real part of doing that.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Barry-Ryan-Becomes-Rabbitohs-10000th-Member/87225

Important Deadlines for Membership
Tuesday 19 November 2013 10:01 AM
Important Deadlines for Membership
There’s a Membership package to suit every fan who wants to show their pride and support for the mighty Rabbitohs in 2014, and with Christmas just around the corner, please take note of these important cut-off dates for purchasing a Membership.
Important Membership Dates
To ensure all our prospective Rabbitohs Members get their Membership packages in time, please take note of the following important deadlines:
- Join before the 29th of November to get your Membership pack in time for Christmas.
- Purchase a Christmas Gift Certificate for a family member or friend right up to the 20th of December
- Renew by the 5th of December to keep your same reserved seat as last season
- Purchase a Junior Membership before the 16th of December and you could have it delivered by Reggie Rabbit
- Renew before 31 December to maintain your Member Co Voting Status

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Important-Deadlines-for-Membership/87510

Inglis Hops on Membership Campaign
Video: Nrl.com
Friday 22 November 2013 1:46 PM

The banter, teasing and pranks have begun at the World Cup, with Kangaroos squad Members taking their club’s Membership campaigns to a whole new level. Now, it’s personal! Rabbitohs fullback Greg Inglis is no different, taunting the Broncos’ Corey Parker with the Rabbitohs’ ever-growing Membership figures.
To watch the full video, please press play on the video player.
To view all NRL Membership Campaign videos, please click here.
There’s a Membership package to suit every fan who wants to show their pride and support for the mighty Rabbitohs in 2014.
New Flexible Packages
We want to make sure you’re paying for what you’re using so we’ve introduced extra tiers of game access options. The NRL are currently working closely with us, ANZ Stadium, the Trust Venues as well as other NRL Clubs to give you more access to games than ever before. Unfortunately we are not in a position to confirm specifics on the game venues or opponents but will communicate any information immediately once confirmed.
Click here to view the different packages available.
New Price Categories
We’ve re-categorised the stadium to make sure you’re paying for what you get. You’ll see new Diamond and Gold categories in our reserved seating area.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Inglis-Hops-on-Membership-Campaign/87690

Renewal Forms Arriving in Mailboxes This Week
Wednesday 27 November 2013 12:24 PM
Renewal Forms Arriving in Mailboxes This Week
For all Members who are yet to renew, Membership renewal forms and a copy of the 2014 Membership brochure will be arriving in mailboxes this week, making it easy for you to ‘Stand Above The Rest’ in 2014.
Simply choose the Membership package you would like to purchase from our 2014 brochure before filling out the enclosed forms and returning to:
Locked Bag 1
Redfern NSW 2016
Alternatively, please call our Membership team on 02 8306 9922 for assistance or visit membership.rabbitohs.com.au.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Renewal-Forms-Arriving-in-Mailboxes-This-Week/87900

Latest posts