What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Joely01

Bench
It's great to see clubs doing well with membership. I hope the clubs out in Western Sydney pick up. It's a real heartland of the game but it sure isn't reflected in memberships.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.
2 West clubs are sitting 4th and 5th currently in membership numbers.
The Panthers have almost doubled the total they had this time last year (I think I read this correctly a couple days ago)
The Tigers are the only one of the 4 that a struggling, but they don't really have much to look forward to this year. Though they are still doing quite a bit of advertisement for membership.
Every league magazine I have seen over the past couple of weeks have advertisements from both the dogs and Eels about the race to 20k, and becoming a member.

I think this shows that majority of the west clubs are doing more then enough to have a good membership base. There isn't many other clubs that would have 10k by Christmas after having the 3 seasons the eels have had, I know I'm probably biased but it's a huge effort to get the numbers we have so far.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.
2 West clubs are sitting 4th and 5th currently in membership numbers.
The Panthers have almost doubled the total they had this time last year (I think I read this correctly a couple days ago)
The Tigers are the only one of the 4 that a struggling, but they don't really have much to look forward to this year. Though they are still doing quite a bit of advertisement for membership.
Every league magazine I have seen over the past couple of weeks have advertisements from both the dogs and Eels about the race to 20k, and becoming a member.

I think this shows that majority of the west clubs are doing more then enough to have a good membership base. There isn't many other clubs that would have 10k by Christmas after having the 3 seasons the eels have had, I know I'm probably biased but it's a huge effort to get the numbers we have so far.

Laughable.

For the self professed heartland of the game to only have 10,000 is disgraceful.if it is such a heartland with big fan bases then a minimum 25,000 is a decent starting number.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Laughable.

For the self professed heartland of the game to only have 10,000 is disgraceful.if it is such a heartland with big fan bases then a minimum 25,000 is a decent starting number.

Typically working class and may not have $$ for membership especially this time of year. That's probably why panthers dropped their cost of membership

Joely01

Bench
Laughable.

You are kidding right? That's 10k by Christmas, we will pass 20k in 2014. For back to back wooden spooners that's huge.
It's teams like the raiders and titans we need to worry about numbers with. Not a team with 10k already proving what we are doing with membership is working.

Porkie

Juniors
The mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Leaders on and off the field;

Most (legitimate) members.
Most premierships.
Most attractive members.
Richest demographic in the league.
A quartet of Burgesses, just oozing footy winning DNA.
Madge.

Say no more. Just makes me feel gooey all over.

big hit!

Bench
Yes, the converted effort to get people closer to their club by becoming members seems to be paying dividends.

it's a wonder how it took the mongs who moonlighted as NRL club executives so long to realise the benefits.

oh yeah that's right, professional sports clubs in other countries have relied on pokie money from gamblers as one of their major internal funding sources.

RWB

Bench
Just having a look at a few clubs membership sites and I thought it was Interesting that the Sea Eagles are offering a seat re-sale program. They're the first club I've seen do it. I'm surprised clubs like the Eels, Dragons, Cowboys & Sharks don't offer this to their members.

Can’t make it to all our home games?
Let us keep your seat warm for you!

Now there’s no reason not to have your very own reserved seat at Fortress Brookvale.

The Sea Eagles Seat Resale Program allows you to put your seat up for casual sale. If your seat is sold, you will receive a rebate off your 2015 membership fees!

Simply email the Membership Team at membership@manlyseaeagles.com.au with your Member number, your seating reference and which game you cannot attend.

Help us pack out Fortress Brookvale even when you aren’t there!

Their kids membership is just $30 too which is the lowest I've come across, fair play to them.

hardbaby

Coach
You are kidding right? That's 10k by Christmas, we will pass 20k in 2014. For back to back wooden spooners that's huge.
It's teams like the raiders and titans we need to worry about numbers with. Not a team with 10k already proving what we are doing with membership is working.

The Eels have a huge membership base struggling with a really poor team in consecutive seasons. They can hold their head high, will hit 20 000 next year and 30 000 the moment they have a good season. It's more the Wests Tigers and Panthers. They should have massive membership.

cleary89

Coach
wests always having bad numbers is a surprise. I'd say their support in Sydney is on par with us, just we have all the old Brisbane and country supporters from our 11 in a row run.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Leaders on and off the field;

Most (legitimate) members.
Most premierships.
Most attractive members.
Richest demographic in the league.
A quartet of Burgesses, just oozing footy winning DNA.
Madge.

Say no more. Just makes me feel gooey all over.

Go to lol@souffs.

Go directly to lol@souffs.

Do not pass centerlink.

Do not collect dole dollars.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think Melbourne's Flexi memberships are a briliant idea. Buy 12 tickets and you can use them either at every game or if you miss a couple of games you can use them to bring along a friend to other games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Eels have a huge membership base struggling with a really poor team in consecutive seasons. They can hold their head high, will hit 20 000 next year and 30 000 the moment they have a good season. It's more the Wests Tigers and Panthers. They should have massive membership.

Yep Eels fans deserve a big pat in the back for sticking strong despite the terrible way the club is run.

Tigers suffer from nomad syndrome which must effect decision to get a full membership for many and Panthers are just not very popular in their region. Manly will always be small until they do something drastic to broaden their population reach.

H.H

Juniors
Penrith passed 5,000 today. First time the club has passed 5,000 by Christmas.

Well done Panthers.

The numbers aren't huge, but it's good growth and that's what we're after at this stage of the NRL's membership push.

Gus's and the team doing some good work over there.

Latest posts