What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Origin: Game 2

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm in the minority, but give me an Eels premiership over an Origin series win any day of the week.

Having said that, Origin footy rarely fails to live up to the expectations.
Yeah, hardly the minority there.

Origin games/series are always good contests, high quality with a lot of the star players. Great to watch, but I couldn't really give two shits about who wins them game to game or year to year.

guruminga

Juniors
I love this from Farrah:

"I'll keep putting my hand up until they don't want me. I don't get guys who retire from rep footy and that. You play your club footy to play rep footy.

"That's what it's about - to be an athlete to play on the biggest stage.

"If the day comes that someone will do a better job than me, I'll step aside because that's what would be best for NSW."

http://www.nrl.com/farah-urges-ageing-blues-to-seize-the-day/tabid/10874/newsid/79332/default.aspx

Origin is awesome for players and fans. A Premiership doesn't come around too often, so it gives fans another high point in between premierships... Unless you're a sharks fan.

G

Last edited:

Haynzy

First Grade
Nah. This is just the shit the media have sold us.

Not over here in good old Sth Aus.
If it was down to the media no one would would know that Origin is on.
Rarely gets a mention in the papers and only comes on the news after the stories about a cute kitten that can tie its own shoelaces.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Minority? You must be joking

I'm not talking about you blokes. I'm talking about general life - all my mates and work colleagues put Origin above all else.

I enjoy the spectacle of Origin, but at the end of the day, I don't give a rat's who wins. It's the Eela for me all the way.

Hence the statement that I am seemingly in the minority. Keep your panties on, mate.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Has Hayne actually played center in Origin before?

Just a guess, but think he may have in the game hoppa debuted in, in 2011

Update - just checked, he played centre in third game in 2011 (not hoppa's debut game)

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I don't think this game will be close, will be a blowout. Just which way im not sure yet.

A lot of talk from everyone south of the border than NSW win this series, including players, always a bad omen

Malabar Eel

Juniors
I don't think this game will be close, will be a blowout. Just which way im not sure yet.

A lot of talk from everyone south of the border than NSW win this series, including players, always a bad omen

Nothing wrong with a good blowout, especially before kickoff...calms the nerves.

yy_cheng

Coach

Latest posts