What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Origin: Game 2

Suitman

Post Whore
10448226_725294520859609_8711101524763872795_n.jpg

Great screen shot Twiz.
What a moment!!!!!!

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Gallen kept Qld in the game with his stupid runs and always getting the ball, yet he was MOM :lol:

Hoffman was much better imo.

yy_cheng

Coach
Man we won, but fmd Daley did everything to make sure we didn't.

Terrible game tactics and strategies, pure grit and determination one is that.

So much about centering the attack around Hayne.

Gallen, Bird, Reynolds and Farah just hogged it and did bugger all with it in the attacking zone

Suitman

Post Whore
Gallen kept Qld in the game with his stupid runs and always getting the ball, yet he was MOM :lol:

Hoffman was much better imo.

I sort of agree. Gallen was enormous, but I sat here all night and couldn't believe how good Hoffman was. He was superb.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
So much about centering the attack around Hayne.

Gallen, Bird, Reynolds and Farah just hogged it and did bugger all with it in the attacking zone

Both teams clearly came out with the same tactics.......that is, to dominate the forward battle. Neither team wanted to give up that advantage all night. Therefore, of course the forwards were going to hog it.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
I sort of agree. Gallen was enormous, but I sat here all night and couldn't believe how good Hoffman was. He was superb.

Suity

His (Gallen) work rate was great but I honestly believe he, along with Bird and Farah kept Qld in the game in the second half, we started to poke our heads through a lot in the second half and when we got down to attack, the ball constantly went the wrong way or silly hit ups with seemingly no plan.

Gallen does it for the Sharks as well, he wants the ball, he gets it regardless if it is the right play or not.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
His (Gallen) work rate was great but I honestly believe he, along with Bird and Farah kept Qld in the game in the second half, we started to poke our heads through a lot in the second half and when we got down to attack, the ball constantly went the wrong way or silly hit ups with seemingly no plan.

Gallen does it for the Sharks as well, he wants the ball, he gets it regardless if it is the right play or not.

In the last twenty, Farrah kept on going left down the blind side, leaving half the backline to get a cold.

Bird/gallen hogging the ball just demonstrates how much hodkinson was a passenger in the game, he did bugger all, rarely setting up our attack. He should have taken charge. And Reynolds dropped in several times and gave hayne several hospital passes.

Forty20

First Grade
Ecstatic with the win but gee we made in tough for ourselves. QLD sucked us right into their pace and we simply couldn't break free of it to play to our strengths.

Don't rate Hoffman at this level but that was easily his best game in the sky blue. Tupou was courageous on the left wing before the busted nose essentially took him out of the game.

Gutsy effort from Hoppa. We can only hope that the injury isn't too serious.

Hayne was no where near his imperious best but his work on the one percenters was stellar. Plenty of gritty ruck work, excellent kick return positioning and some incredible last line defence that only he - and perhaps Greg Inglis - could produce.

Jarryd suffered massively from Reynolds inability to straighten the attack down the right which in turn with the agonisingly slow service he got gave the Queenslanders shockingly easy opportunities to shoot on Hayne.

Massive monkey for Hayne to get off his back, now there is only one more major milestone that eludes him.

yy_cheng

Coach
Ecstatic with the win but gee we made in tough for ourselves. QLD sucked us right into their pace and we simply couldn't break free of it to play to our strengths.

Don't rate Hoffman at this level but that was easily his best game in the sky blue. Tupou was courageous on the left wing before the busted nose essentially took him out of the game.

Gutsy effort from Hoppa. We can only hope that the injury isn't too serious.

Hayne was no where near his imperious best but his work on the one percenters was stellar. Plenty of gritty ruck work, excellent kick return positioning and some incredible last line defence that only he - and perhaps Greg Inglis - could produce.

Jarryd suffered massively from Reynolds inability to straighten the attack down the right which in turn with the agonisingly slow service he got gave the Queenslanders shockingly easy opportunities to shoot on Hayne.

Massive monkey for Hayne to get off his back, now there is only one more major milestone that eludes him.
getting married?

Forty20

First Grade
Maybe I should rephrase that...now there is only one more major NRL milestone that eludes him (I'm sure someone will twist this statement as well :p).

Latest posts