What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Origin: Game 2

jk13

First Grade
Good game, the blues finally did it. Though woods gut deflection will b the main topic 2 Moro. The game is alive and well again

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Can finally go to work after an origin series has been decided and not cop shit from QLD supporting nuffies.

Happy for the NSW team. To go so close for so long and then finally win one must be very rewarding.

I sort of agree. Gallen was enormous, but I sat here all night and couldn't believe how good Hoffman was. He was superb.

Suity

Yes. Hoffman cops a lot more shit than from people here than he deserves. I think he was excellent in both games, but particularly last night.

IFR33K

Coach
MOM in my opinion. He made tough yardage with every carry, even when all our other forwards seemed to be losing ground.

Agreed. Was impressed with Hoffman. best player by far.

Can't believe they gave MOM to Gallen. He and bird touched the ball way too much IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gallen getting MOTM was laughable, he, bird and Farah overplayed their hand far to much and the halves didn't have the balls to tell them to get out of the way. Hoffman was easily best on the park, not a great game to watch but who gives a rats. Living in cornfed country has just became a little bit easier.

Gronk

Staff member
Gallen getting MOTM was laughable, he, bird and Farah overplayed their hand far to much and the halves didn't have the balls to tell them to get out of the way. Hoffman was easily best on the park, not a great game to watch but who gives a rats. Living in cornfed country has just became a little bit easier.

Agree with this. Too much selfish play by the wannabe heroes.

There's no " i " in team, merkins.

Hoffman was MOM.
He actually gave us awesome go forward when we needed it the most.
Gallen and Bird were f*cking annoying how they played like halves.
Hodkinson went missing (probably because Gallen and Bird decided they were the halves) but he gave us the victory when he decided to turn up
Josh Reynolds is useless BUT no doubt there will be calls that he is an 'origin player' and be selected for the next ten years.
Without Jarryd Hayne NSW would be down 2-0

I honestly think this is one of the worse NSW teams in SOO's history. We only won because of Hayne, desperate defense, and because QLD played like idiots.

I despised NSW's game plan. It was grossly negative and it shouldn't have worked. We were just plain lucky that QLD had an off night (they looked ten times more dangerous in attack than us).

I still think QLD will continue to dominant over the next five years, even when some of their bigger names retire unless .....

.... we find two good halves.

Bigfella

Coach
I disagree. I don't think they had any choice. The halves were atrocious and held us back all night.

I don't blame them for taking on the responsibility.

Halves kicked abominably, didn't take the line on, linked poorly and slowly, and stifled hayne completely.

If we had their halves we could have won quite completely with the ball we had in the second half.

Gronk

Staff member
Can you believe that QLD didn't target Hoppa for the whole 2nd half ? I think they kicked down his way twice with no kick chase.

Bigfella

Coach
What about how the protecting the kicker rule just got completely abandoned for the night?

More kickers got tackled last night without penalty than the rest of the season will see in the nrl I reckon

Gronk

Staff member
I disagree. I don't think they had any choice. The halves were atrocious and held us back all night.

I don't blame them for taking on the responsibility.

Halves kicked abominably, didn't take the line on, linked poorly and slowly, and stifled hayne completely.

If we had their halves we could have won quite completely with the ball we had in the second half.

Chicken and egg scenario. Farrah was tossing it Bird and Gallen for most of the set. What are the halves to do without the ball ?

Gronk

Staff member
What about how the protecting the kicker rule just got completely abandoned for the night?

More kickers got tackled last night without penalty than the rest of the season will see in the nrl I reckon

+1. I though the refs were pretty poor. QLD had a 3rd man in late flop on every tackle and then counted to 3 after the ref called held. Worked a treat to slow us down.

Latest posts