What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Origin: Game 2

SDM

First Grade
I don't think you can criticise halves or backs in that game. The play the ball was so slow, the 10 metres was very skinny, and the defenders were allowed to jump early. The refs ruined the contest.

Joely01

Bench
Hayne was massive again, especially being sick in the lead up to it. Another massive effort by him.

Reynolds was hopeless, he kept taking Hayne out of the attack basically.

Hoffman was fantastic, made crucial runs for us.

We didn't play well at all but came away with the win.

Go the Blues!!!

SDM

First Grade
With the quality of the defence, you need a quick play the ball to put on a move in the opposition 20, but there wasn't a quick play the ball all night. The forwards got in the way, but spreading the ball wouldn't have achieved anything.

I thought Hoffman was fantastic. Second only to Gallen for us.

Once again, Reynolds crabbed across the field too much and blew plenty of chances to d something with our backs.

But who gives a f**k?

NEW SOUTH WALES!!!

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don't think you can criticise halves or backs in that game. The play the ball was so slow, the 10 metres was very skinny, and the defenders were allowed to jump early. The refs ruined the contest.

Yeah - you're totally right.

It was so slow, game was never going to be anything but a defensive slugfest.

Probably worked in our favour though - if it had been quicker, then we might have paid more dearly for our stilted attacking game. Looked like Farah, Reynolds, Gallen, and Bird took the wrong option more often than not. Too often crabbing early, or just trying to barge over from dummy half.
We needed to play straighter, and get it early to Hayne so he could put the wingers away.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah with handy defenders either side of him. Unless you think DCE was making all his tackles one on one.

You weren't talking about tackle breaks, you only mentioned running metres.

Hoffman had a great game.

Agreed. I was just explaining how DCE made it easy for him. Cherry-Evans made 31 tackles, Hodges only made ten.

Chipmunk

Coach
Can you believe that QLD didn't target Hoppa for the whole 2nd half ? I think they kicked down his way twice with no kick chase.

Queensland were tactically poor from the moment they decided Cherry-Evans was passed fit to play until the full time siren

hindy111

Post Whore
TBH in the last few weeks ive watched a few sports. That origin was " BORING "
I mean anyone watch the soceroos? Now that was special.I was up dancing-fist pumping.
I also watched Buddy Franklin kick a goal from 70mtrs for the swans.Whats a games that was against port Adelaide.

The Origin almost put me too sleep.Yeah we won. But what a bring game of football.More a game of elbows and slaps in the face.
I reckon the parra vs dogs game was more exciting

Sphagnum

Coach
With the quality of the defence, you need a quick play the ball to put on a move in the opposition 20, but there wasn't a quick play the ball all night. The forwards got in the way, but spreading the ball wouldn't have achieved anything.

This is almost 100% correct however ther was one quick play the ball in the opposition 20 and it was the one that woods did which led to the nsw try.

The refs were shocking.

emjaycee

Coach
NSW press has been filled with comments since Wednesday night about the "history making Blues", etc.

Can anybody enlighten me as to what "history making" they are referring to?

Noise

Coach
NSW press has been filled with comments since Wednesday night about the "history making Blues", etc.

Can anybody enlighten me as to what "history making" they are referring to?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the history is ending the record of 8 in a row...

Latest posts