What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 SG Ball & Harold Matts (and other junior rep news)

magpie4ever

First Grade
Knights and Central Coast trial
#Matts - The Knights are a big stong team, it was disappointing to see 10 players from the coast on the knights squad were playing and another 4 sitting on the sidelines not playing because they are already in their squad. The Knights could be contenders this year. 8 tries to 2 knights.
#Ball - This could be a good season for both squads. #knights played well throughout as did the Coast team. Both evenly matched both teams rested players for their reasons. 7 tries to 6 Knights.
The knights should try a mend the relationship with the Central Coast but they have an agenda - to make the centurions weaker.
Time will tell.

Un-bloody-believable.

Newcastle SG Ball might struggle given their guns from the HMs are up in NYC already - Matauti (??) and Pangani (??).

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The two of them, Tyrone May, Soni Luke, Jack Nelson and Peter Tiatia are training with the 20's. Rob and Olly are expected to stay there.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Looks like Parra might be playing a few SG Ball eligible players in NYC also:

Wayne Francis
Tyrell Fuimaono
Jason Vidal

All were members of the Parra HM Cup premiership winning squad of 2012

Wow, alot of Central Coast talent scattered through the Knights, Manly, the Bears, Bulldogs and one with the Roosters. Imagine if they had their own NRL pathway.

Yes to have a Central Coast Bears side in the NRL, surely this area deserves it. Imagine if this area wasn't divided and the young kids had something to aim for. The bid was really strong back in 2010 and 2011 but the NRL moved the goal posts yet again as they always have. I feel the Bears are now sitting 3rd behind another QLD side and a team based in WA (which would be all former NSW and QLD players, stupid). Look after your league strongholds not AFL territory, look at Melbourne and they only just produced their first local NRL player last season. Has anybody listed Manlys 2014 Harold Matts and S.G.Ball squads ?.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Yes to have a Central Coast Bears side in the NRL, surely this area deserves it. Imagine if this area wasn't divided and the young kids had something to aim for. The bid was really strong back in 2010 and 2011 but the NRL moved the goal posts yet again as they always have. I feel the Bears are now sitting 3rd behind another QLD side and a team based in WA (which would be all former NSW and QLD players, stupid). Look after your league strongholds not AFL territory, look at Melbourne and they only just produced their first local NRL player last season. Has anybody listed Manlys 2014 Harold Matts and S.G.Ball squads ?.

I have not see it listed.

Beefy

Juniors
Manly teams not finalised yet. Would expect the final make up after the trial with Newcastle this weekend.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
As Magpie4Ever mentioned elsewhere, no Panthers SG Ball players will play 20's to start the season. Therefore they will be at full-strength and a near certainty for a top 4 finish.

magpie4ever

First Grade
As Magpie4Ever mentioned elsewhere, no Panthers SG Ball players will play 20's to start the season. Therefore they will be at full-strength and a near certainty for a top 4 finish.

You would believe hot favourites for the title; given Parramatta have about 4 or 5 SG Ball qualified players up in the NYC squad - at this time.

But always be wary of the dark horse or should I say tiger.;-)

KAB

Juniors
Souths vs Central Coast trial #matts the souths have very quick and very skilled they dominated the ruck at times. A couple big forwards. The Ccoast boys were vastly improved on their previous trial. But are lacking some classy players. There's under month before the comp starts. I believe they will greatly improve. Souths 10 - 2

#ball C Coast team is still to be picked and some players not played, they faired well against a side that has been selected. Souths have a couple of big kids and a lot of year young players I think in their squad. 4-2 souths

siv

First Grade
Souths vs Central Coast trial #matts the souths have very quick and very skilled they dominated the ruck at times. A couple big forwards. The Ccoast boys were vastly improved on their previous trial. But are lacking some classy players. There's under month before the comp starts. I believe they will greatly improve. Souths 10 - 2

#ball C Coast team is still to be picked and some players not played, they faired well against a side that has been selected. Souths have a couple of big kids and a lot of year young players I think in their squad. 4-2 souths

I assume those scores are tries only

magpie4ever

First Grade
KAB,

I know the tigers are at a similar stage - haven't reduce their squad, yet.

If I remember rightly they play a trial against the Coast next weekend, so it should be a good indicator.

I would say that both squads will be reduced after this trial and they will go into their final trial or two with respective selected squads.

PS: How did young Sharpie go?

Last edited:

Latest posts