What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Teams.

Sharks

1. M Gordon
2. B Ryan
3. R Leutele
4. J Wright
5. S Feki
6. T Carney
7. J Robson
8. A Fifita
9. J Morris
10. S Tagatese
11. L Lewis
12. W Graham
13. P Gallen

14. D. Fifita
15. B Gibbs
16. A Topou
17. M Lichaa

Something like that

i think Lewis and Tupou may be injured to start the season. Matt Prior will probably get a run first round and maybe Tupou Sopoaga to play off the bench whilst Lewis and Tupou are injured.

firechild

First Grade
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tom Symonds
15. Jamie Buhrer
16. Josh Starling
17. Jake Trbojovic/James Cunningham/Ligi Sao

Probably forgotten one or two, plenty of exciting young talent ready to step up also.

Hard to see Trbjovic not getting the last bench spot. No doubt Gutherson and Hiku will see plenty of game time through the season as well.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
1. Billy SLATER
2. Sisa WAQA
3. Will CHAMBERS
4. Mahe FONUA/Hymel HUNT/Matt DUFFIE/Travis ROBINSON?
5. Justin O'NEILL
6. Ben HAMPTON
7. Cooper CRONK
8. Jesse BROMWICH
9. Cameron SMITH (c)
10. George ROSE
11. Kevin PROCTOR
12. Ryan HOFFMAN
13. Ryan HINCHCLIFFE

14. Tohu HARRIS
15. Bryan NORRIE
16. Jordan McLEAN
17. Slade GRIFFIN

I'd dare say the only real spot in the 17 up for grabs round 1 is that centre spot, im leaning towards Fonua. Also Cody Walker could be a bolter for 5/8 and watch Matt Lodge who could figure in the front row rotation.

Special K

Coach
Ayshford will get a run. Holdsworth too.

Where in our best 17 though? I just can't see Holdsworth being more then a back up. Grothe I think will play more NRL then not if fit as we have that spot open as imo Feki doesn't own it just yet.

RWB

Bench
Hard to see Trbjovic not getting the last bench spot. No doubt Gutherson and Hiku will see plenty of game time through the season as well.

Because Brett Stewart is made of glass or you think they'll get a go on the wing?

RWB

Bench
1. Billy SLATER
2. Sisa WAQA
3. Will CHAMBERS
4. Mahe FONUA/Hymel HUNT/Matt DUFFIE/Travis ROBINSON?
5. Justin O'NEILL
6. Ben HAMPTON
7. Cooper CRONK
8. Jesse BROMWICH
9. Cameron SMITH (c)
10. George ROSE
11. Kevin PROCTOR
12. Ryan HOFFMAN
13. Ryan HINCHCLIFFE

14. Tohu HARRIS
15. Bryan NORRIE
16. Jordan McLEAN
17. Slade GRIFFIN

I'd dare say the only real spot in the 17 up for grabs round 1 is that centre spot, im leaning towards Fonua. Also Cody Walker could be a bolter for 5/8 and watch Matt Lodge who could figure in the front row rotation.

Is Matt Mcgahan still at the club? I thought he would be up there as a 5/8 option. McLean really impressed me last year, I reckon he's a top prospect.

Franko

Juniors
Dragons

1. Dugan
2. Nightingale
3. Beale
4. Farrell
5. Morris
6. Widdop
7. Williams
8. Creagh
9. Rein
10. Stockwell
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. Hunt
15. De Belin
16. Harrison
17. Stanley

Will finish between 10th and 13th.
Lots of competition for spots.
Much improved roster.

Certainly a lot better looking squad then last year.

firechild

First Grade
Because Brett Stewart is made of glass or you think they'll get a go on the wing?

Between them they'll cover any injuries to FB, wing, centre or 5/8. The latter with Lyon moving to 5/8 and Hiku or Gutherson to centre. Given Stewart and Williams in particular are good for a few injuries a year, I'd say there'll be a substantial amount of time for one or both to step in. You could probably throw halfback into the equation too (Foran -> 7, Lyon -> 6) and DCE will be playing origin.

Dutchy

Immortal
Rhys Armstrong will get a run in the halves during Origin.
I can see Jayden Hodges getting some bench time too, grooming him for post-Ballin.

Big Pete

Referee
McGahan went back to Rugby.

Noa will know, what happened with him? It didn't sound like the Storm put up a lot of fight to keep him.

firechild

First Grade
Rhys Armstrong will get a run in the halves during Origin.
I can see Jayden Hodges getting some bench time too, grooming him for post-Ballin.

Don't know much about Armstrong so you could well be right. I have no doubt Hodges will get some game time, I don't think he was bought just to play reggies.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Don't know much about Armstrong so you could well be right. I have no doubt Hodges will get some game time, I don't think he was bought just to play reggies.

Hodges could nail down a spot on the bench with he and Ballin rotating, but then again i think there will be more of an emphasis on the forwards particularly the front row for Manly's bench considering Kite is gone. Hopefully Starling has a good year, Souths supporters rate him highly and he's a good no nonsense front rower.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Krisnan Inu
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Chase Stanley/Tim Lafai
5. Mitch Brown
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Graham
9. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Reni Maitua

14. Tony Williams
15. David Klemmer
16. Dale Finucane
17. Josh Jackson

Very little in the way of changes - just the backline shift to accommodate Barba which it took us most of 2013 to do anyway... Stanley will probably get the jump on Lafai... then it's down to whether Des keeps Brown or him as the winger.

In the forwards I think Maitua is an 80 minute player so I've opted for a bench full of forwards or provide good rotation for the big boppers.

firechild

First Grade
Hodges could nail down a spot on the bench with he and Ballin rotating, but then again i think there will be more of an emphasis on the forwards particularly the front row for Manly's bench considering Kite is gone. Hopefully Starling has a good year, Souths supporters rate him highly and he's a good no nonsense front rower.

I just can't see both Hodges and Buhrer occupying bench spots together. Symonds, Buhrer, Starling, Trbjovic, Hodges and Fa'aoso will all be strong candidates for bench spots. I'd say the 6 starting forward spots (Lawrence, King, Ballin, Stewart, Watmough and Horo) are pretty well secured. Buhrer deserves his spot and he is a back-up hooker. It will be interesting to see what Toovey does.

RWB

Bench
1. Krisnan Inu
2. Sam Perrett
3. Josh Morris
4. Chase Stanley/Tim Lafai
5. Mitch Brown
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Graham
9. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Reni Maitua

14. Tony Williams
15. David Klemmer
16. Dale Finucane
17. Josh Jackson

Very little in the way of changes - just the backline shift to accommodate Barba which it took us most of 2013 to do anyway... Stanley will probably get the jump on Lafai... then it's down to whether Des keeps Brown or him as the winger.

In the forwards I think Maitua is an 80 minute player so I've opted for a bench full of forwards or provide good rotation for the big boppers.

Maitua isn't a lock and Eastwood's not a second rower, switching them is the logical solution there.

I also truly believe Lafai is the best centre at your club, it was painful enough to watch him sit in reserves behind Inu, surely he won't be second choice behind Chase f**king Stanley.

The big issue IMO with that team is the lack of creativity.

Dutchy

Immortal
I just can't see both Hodges and Buhrer occupying bench spots together. Symonds, Buhrer, Starling, Trbjovic, Hodges and Fa'aoso will all be strong candidates for bench spots. I'd say the 6 starting forward spots (Lawrence, King, Ballin, Stewart, Watmough and Horo) are pretty well secured. Buhrer deserves his spot and he is a back-up hooker. It will be interesting to see what Toovey does.

Either way competition for spots is great for us.

Berryman, Gutherson etc will all push hard too.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Parramatta Eels

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Ken Sio
3. Will Hopoate
4. Willie Tonga
5. Justin Hunt
6. Corey Norman
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Nathan Peats
10. Lee Mossop
11. Ben Smith
12. Kelepi Tanginoa
13. Peni Terepo
14. Darcy Lussick
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi
16. Brenden Santi
17. Mitchell Allgood

Loko when he comes back from injury I think will end up in the backrow. Especially with his knee injuries I think he will have lost a bit of speed

We have a promising back line but light on in the forwards. Hope Kelepi and Peni come along next season because they're the future of our forwards

Also have Pauli Pauli and Junior Paulo waiting as well

Joseph Paulo unless there are injuries I can't see him getting huge game time

Pauli Pauli is average!!!

Latest posts