What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleary89

Coach
And herein lies the problem.

The NRL forced the Dragons into the Right Game, Right Venue strategy because they had to bail us out.
It's not what the fans wanted.
We now play Eastern Suburbs and South Sydney "home" at Moore Park, the border between the Eastern Suburbs and South Sydney.
We play the Bulldogs at their home ground and Wests Tigers in Western Sydney.

Meanwhile most of our fans are based 30-90 minutes from these grounds.

As such, we mostly get memberships for WIN and Kogarah. Why commit to a game 6 months before game when you'll have no trouble buying a walk up ticket on the night, and you feel no connection to the ground.
What is worse is that the reason we play these games is for a fixed fee, irrespective of the crowd. It improves the bottom line, so why would you then spend your money advertising the game when it literally won't make you any more money.

So promotion is left to the Nrl and SCG. And there has been minimal.

I'm a fan of us playing some bigger games at bigger ground but currently the format and promotion is wrong.

I'm an SCG member (4 members tickets) plus get 2 free GA tickets for every round for being a coach. Even I wont bother going tonight.

SCG is shit for watching league. Could settle for watching the 1 off game at SCG every second year, ANZAC every second year and I get the Bulldogs at ANZ if we offer reciprocal rights to try and build it up.

Thing is we don't. We charge extra for it. We have moved 4 games away and we now have 5 home grounds.

Sure in the scheme of things my little protest (of non attendance at these 4 games a year) means little but meh. Before you call me a fair weather fan, I'm travelling to Napier (5 hours out of Auckland) for the Dragons game next week.

I just dont agree with some of the management decisions and am protesting in basically the only way I have.

Saint Doc

Coach
Nice idea Cleary.

I like the idea of alternating ANZAC and a heritage SCG game.

Playing the roosters, at their home, on a cold Monday night this year was bloody ridiculous and an embarrassment.

elbusto

Coach
I'm an SCG member (4 members tickets) plus get 2 free GA tickets for every round for being a coach. Even I wont bother going tonight.

SCG is shit for watching league. Could settle for watching the 1 off game at SCG every second year, ANZAC every second year and I get the Bulldogs at ANZ if we offer reciprocal rights to try and build it up.

Thing is we don't. We charge extra for it. We have moved 4 games away and we now have 5 home grounds.

Sure in the scheme of things my little protest (of non attendance at these 4 games a year) means little but meh. Before you call me a fair weather fan, I'm travelling to Napier (5 hours out of Auckland) for the Dragons game next week.

I just dont agree with some of the management decisions and am protesting in basically the only way I have.
tried to watch a game at the scg a few years ago. Hopeless

Perth Red

Post Whore
We went and found it ok. We did have good seats though and the benefit of our own nice carpeted food and bar area just behind the seat section which was dead posh! View was ok, no worse than being at ANZ behind the sticks really.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

If anz were a true rectangular ground and a neutral venue with most clubs hosting some games there would you still ha e the same opinion?

cleary89

Coach
If anz were a true rectangular ground and a neutral venue with most clubs hosting some games there would you still ha e the same opinion?

Probably not. While I love Kogarah I can see the eventual need for a 4-4-4. But it sucks to have to do it because of incompetent management who only are doing it for a cash grab, not because its in the best interests of our club (you could argue money is now, but they are the ones who put us in this position).

A lot of guys on the saints forum wont ever be happy giving up games at Kogarah, but I can see ways in which it can work.

Things like reciprocal rights should be a given.

insert.pause

First Grade
Probably not. While I love Kogarah I can see the eventual need for a 4-4-4. But it sucks to have to do it because of incompetent management who only are doing it for a cash grab, not because its in the best interests of our club (you could argue money is now, but they are the ones who put us in this position).

A lot of guys on the saints forum wont ever be happy giving up games at Kogarah, but I can see ways in which it can work.

Of course it's in the best interests of the club, either they play some games at stadiums that pay, or they privatise, or they fold.

The club can't make money at Kogarah, certainly not at it's recent attendances.

it's easy to bag those that run the club, but if fans won't support the club they won't have one.

The continual apathy towards clubs in Sydney is going to come back to bite their fans when the inevitable discussion starts about too many teams in Sydney.

cleary89

Coach
The leagues club has gone from giving 5m a year to 500k over the last 10 years. I'm sure an extra 4.5m a year could have made up for any differences between playing at our local grounds with the leagues clubs across the road or at a shitty, soulless opposition home ground that you are 30m away from the action.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Yes a 4-4-4 split seems the best ling term fit and with dragons larhe support across the city they should be a key player in reciprocal gates.

Has there been any reciprocal rights this year in season tickets?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The leagues club has gone from giving 5m a year to 500k over the last 10 years. I'm sure an extra 4.5m a year could have made up for any differences between playing at our local grounds with the leagues clubs across the road or at a shitty, soulless opposition home ground that you are 30m away from the action.

Is the leagues club unable or unwilling to keep paying that much? I guess if unable then dragons have to do what they can to be sustainable, especially if the fans are not turning up in numbers at their home grounds.

cleary89

Coach
Is the leagues club unable or unwilling to keep paying that much? I guess if unable then dragons have to do what they can to be sustainable, especially if the fans are not turning up in numbers at their home grounds.

Football board is made up of the leagues club board. Leagues club apparently can't contribute that much any more. I.e. They have realise the model of Pokies, bistro, chinese and leasing the land to sizzler doesn't compete with what other clubs have done.

Rather than rectify it (or hand over to competent admin) they just sell games to ANZ instead.

No reciprocal rights. You can chose to buy the extra games at ANZ as part of your membership package though.

Red Bear

Referee
Yes a 4-4-4 split seems the best ling term fit and with dragons larhe support across the city they should be a key player in reciprocal gates.

Has there been any reciprocal rights this year in season tickets?
meh. 4 games in wollongong, 8 in sydney seems a bit shit for illawarra fans.

Should never have gone back to Kogarah. Stuck with an SFS/Win Stadium split when they had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts