What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think most leagues clubs seem to be in a similar position these days. Even the big ones are hardly pumping in multi millions anymore. I guess it is a difficult transition period for many clubs that have relied on pokie clubs to be financially sustainable. Memberships and gate takings along with stadium deals are the way of the future unless the NRL decides to divert significantly larger % of its revenue to clubs.

cleary89

Coach
I think most leagues clubs seem to be in a similar position these days. Even the big ones are hardly pumping in multi millions anymore. I guess it is a difficult transition period for many clubs that have relied on pokie clubs to be financially sustainable. Memberships and gate takings along with stadium deals are the way of the future unless the NRL decides to divert significantly larger % of its revenue to clubs.

Dogs is going real well. Panthers the same. The big ones who adapt seem to be doing well, but ones who rely on pokies and a bistro aren't (I wonder why).

Clubs like Liverpool catholic club, dooleys and mounties off the top of my head are huge, buying up local clubs and putting in heaps of services.

But I get your point that football clubs shouldn't need a leagues club to be profitable. But then why do you need to be on the leagues club board to be on the football board.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths have shown that you don't need a leagues club, just some investment and good business people. Agree, I guess if the football business is run by the leagues club business your always going to struggle to generate a strong enough independent business model to stand alone for the NRL club.

Maybe the NRL should up the club grant but make a condition that the NRL club needs an independent board made up of decent business people and employing a decent CEO. I know they are trying to push clubs in this direction. Ideally the leagues clubs would be putting its money into Jnr sport and community work and the NRL club would be generating enough funding to be stand alone. In Perth the afl is the opposite, the twomafl clubs make enough profit they give millions to the wafl for Jnr development, not the other way around.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Knights looks woeful but wouldn't be surprised if it was still reported as 11-12k

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Knights looks woeful but wouldn't be surprised if it was still reported as 11-12k

Certainly not much more than 10k. Probably the least appealing match of the year for newy fans and neutrals, would be surprised if fox ratings cracked 100k as well.

JW

Coach
Gee, they couldn't take a trick today. Having a crap run, playing a crap opponent in crap weather. Looks like a Jets crowd.

chahrour123

Juniors
A lot of empty seats at the MCG. Literally one side is mostly empty

iccmelb

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Question. Who knew the wallabies were playing tonight?

Pretty dire round so far, and will hardly get better tomorrow. Maybe 25k at lang park and 12k at moore park if we are lucky

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Question. Who knew the wallabies were playing tonight?

Pretty dire round so far, and will hardly get better tomorrow. Maybe 25k at lang park and 12k at moore park if we are lucky

Only Brisbane folk! Im at Suncorp now, crowd is pretty poor for a Wallabies game.

Ticket sales for tomorrow are going well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts