What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
I would think those that swan around calling people a wanker, dickhead and so on are the wannabee tough guys.

Get lost buddy, you have nothing to give to a crowd watch thread.

And what have you given? Three pages of bullying and an estimate of a soccer crowd. Wonderful.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Thats you, big fella. It was a nice try. Good luck, simpleton.

Mate, I'm being serious here, online bullying is often a sign of deeper troubles in the offline environment. Usually, that's the cyber bully being picked on at school and lashing out by giving the same treatment to anonymous people on the internet. It can be tough, so if you need someone to talk to about it, I'm here for you. Just don't take out your frustrations on others, it doesn't help anyone, least of all you. Once again, I'm here for you if you need it, bro, just don't ruin the forum for the rest of us.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate, I'm being serious here, online bullying is often a sign of deeper troubles in the offline environment. Usually, that's the cyber bully being picked on at school and lashing out by giving the same treatment to anonymous people on the internet. It can be tough, so if you need someone to talk to about it, I'm here for you. Just don't take out your frustrations on others, it doesn't help anyone, least of all you. Once again, I'm here for you if you need it, bro, just don't ruin the forum for the rest of us.

So sweet of you. Ill send you an inbox. XOXO

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well this thread has gone to the dogs lol.

Both crowds tonight very disappointing. Expected a lot more at Melbourne for cams300 and the supposed rivalry of two western Sydney teams should have hit a lot more. The games is faked when it comes to getting people off their arses to watch it.

DC_fan

Coach
Well this thread has gone to the dogs lol.

To be honest most if not all of this forum has. I rarely come on here now. Which is a shame because it was once fun to read what people had to say about our great game. Now all members want to do is go off at each other.

I wonder what the owners of this forum think. Do they really care?

But anyway let's move on to what this forum is ment to be about.

Both crowds tonight very disappointing. Expected a lot more at Melbourne for cams300 and the supposed rivalry of two western Sydney teams should have hit a lot more. The games is faked when it comes to getting people off their arses to watch it.

I was stunned when I heard the crowd for the Storm game. Really was expecting double that. As for the Dogs/Eels crowd, well I was hoping for 25-30,000. But we were well short of that. I think people are voting with there feet as to what they think of the game at the moment.

Canard

Immortal
To me the big soccer teams touring has to have sucked up a fair bit of disposable income that people have.

The weather in Melbourne has been truly
shitful too. They only got 30k in the AFL which for one of the big four clubs is very poor.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
17082 definitely poor for a Eels v Bulldogs game but as always I'm prepared to counter with a few facts:

- Eels fans are over ANZ. They get a decent crowd for event games there (v Tigers was played on Easter Monday) but the advantages they lose from not playing at Pirtek are not worth the shift. Fans are now voting with their feet.
- Apparently wind chill bought the temp down to 4.1 degrees last night. Several people I know who attended said it was the coldest it's ever been
- Eid Mubarak - I dare say would've had an effect on some portion of both fanbases last night. Feel free to laugh at that but it would've caused some impact.

In Melbourne, 11956 both surprising given how good the crowd looked and the promotion & awareness around Cam's 300th.

Today - Canberra 8k, Newie 12k, SCG 18k

STORM.99/07

Bench
It was freezing in Melbourne last night and poured rain before the game.People aren`t going to take their kids out in that weather of a night time.I think the NRL should have scheduled this game for a Sunday arvo.
Congratulations CAM SMITH on your 300th game. A true CHAMPION of our game

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Every game "should have been schedule for Sunday arvo" - it's not gonna happen.

Either way, I think we're learning now that weather is a factor, particularly when trying to attract families to attend.

insert.pause

First Grade
17082 definitely poor for a Eels v Bulldogs game but as always I'm prepared to counter with a few facts:

- Eels fans are over ANZ. They get a decent crowd for event games there (v Tigers was played on Easter Monday) but the advantages they lose from not playing at Pirtek are not worth the shift. Fans are now voting with their feet.
- Apparently wind chill bought the temp down to 4.1 degrees last night. Several people I know who attended said it was the coldest it's ever been
- Eid Mubarak - I dare say would've had an effect on some portion of both fanbases last night. Feel free to laugh at that but it would've caused some impact.

In Melbourne, 11956 both surprising given how good the crowd looked and the promotion & awareness around Cam's 300th.

Today - Canberra 8k, Newie 12k, SCG 18k
very sad if that's the case, the combined crowd of the 4 biggest clubs in sydney cant even pull 40k between them?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Wow are we really gonna get 18k at scg.

That will mean stands being closed off etc

Awesome look when swans are expecting 50k at anz

Saint Doc

Coach
And herein lies the problem.

The NRL forced the Dragons into the Right Game, Right Venue strategy because they had to bail us out.
It's not what the fans wanted.
We now play Eastern Suburbs and South Sydney "home" at Moore Park, the border between the Eastern Suburbs and South Sydney.
We play the Bulldogs at their home ground and Wests Tigers in Western Sydney.

Meanwhile most of our fans are based 30-90 minutes from these grounds.

As such, we mostly get memberships for WIN and Kogarah. Why commit to a game 6 months before game when you'll have no trouble buying a walk up ticket on the night, and you feel no connection to the ground.
What is worse is that the reason we play these games is for a fixed fee, irrespective of the crowd. It improves the bottom line, so why would you then spend your money advertising the game when it literally won't make you any more money.

So promotion is left to the Nrl and SCG. And there has been minimal.

I'm a fan of us playing some bigger games at bigger ground but currently the format and promotion is wrong.

Wow are we really gonna get 18k at scg.

That will mean stands being closed off etc

Awesome look when swans are expecting 50k at anz

That's pathetic for a 100+ year rivalry to draw sub 20k. 'heartland' indeed, all that time and the big rivalry games struggle for crowds when it should be the opposite and be drawing the highest attendances. Rivalry games should have big crowds simple as that in other heartlands it's like that but not in rugby league. :roll:

Saint Doc

Coach
That's pathetic for a 100+ year rivalry to draw sub 20k. 'heartland' indeed, all that time and the big rivalry games struggle for crowds when it should be the opposite and be drawing the highest attendances. Rivalry games should have big crowds simple as that in other heartlands it's like that but not in rugby league. :roll:

94 year rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.