What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
11849 at Penrith.

And speaking of Perth expansion. The Warriors will sook if they have to go there every year. Imagine them playing a grand final qualifier there.

And also I think there would have to be compensation paid to Souths for taking away our profits if they do expand there.

Brutus

Referee
Awesome crowd at Penrith.

Western Sydney is really on fire for crowds.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths have profited very nicely from nrl inaction in Perth, I doubt they will expect compensation if we ever get a team. lol

The game was sold out before kick off and they were turning people away. Probably around 1000 empty seats around the place from no shows. Be good if nib ever gets a new West stand.

Diesel

Referee
11849 at Penrith.

And speaking of Perth expansion. The Warriors will sook if they have to go there every year. Imagine them playing a grand final qualifier there.

And also I think there would have to be compensation paid to Souths for taking away our profits if they do expand there.

You're an idiot

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Bunnies get plenty of lag compensation when they play Call of Duty Advanced Warfare from there dial up internet in there hobo garage's in Redfern

1 v 1 Ingils on 56k brah

Apey

Staff member
Knights were 13.5k or something. It will dwindle further and further.

gallagher

Juniors
Dan Ginnane raises a good point - have 4-5 games there with a varying number of teams (not just SOU v WAR every season).

That will give a better gauge of RL support in WA. JMO

How about they play 5 random games at Leichhardt, Penrith or Brookvale next year and gauge rugby leagues interest in NSW?
I dont know what more the WARL can do than get 20k crowds year after year.

undertaker

Coach
Scheduling has it problems but in the main it has been ok this year, just the fans are useless and come up with the next excuse whenever one excuse is taken away.

E.g we want more afternoon footy. Nrl say ok 3pm saturday afternoon. In response people whinge but its too close to little johnnys soccer match at 8am. Nrl say ok back to two games at 7.30pm. In response fans say but no its too late on a weekend night for the kids and also too cold and we dont want to pay admission and we dont want to for anything in fact, so make it free and we might come along but only once a year as its too much effort once a fortnight.

Most on this forum would agree that more Sunday arvo games is what is required, but will never happen due to the tv networks. If more afternoon footy was on the cards, it'd HAVE to be on a Sunday.

Saturday 3pm was always going to be a problem with people working, kids sport and historically crap tv ratings. I was never a fan of it being reintroduced. Some of this forum are still trying to hold onto the nostalgia of the days when ABC used to broadcast Sat arvo football live around Australia (it was the only game of the round that pretty much got any tv coverage in the non-RL states). I would take a Sunday 12pm game (during the cooler months, from May onwards) anytime of the week over Sat arvo, but again, the tv networks would never agree to it unless it was the Warriors or a 2nd NZ NRL team playing a home game at that timeslot, which would be 2pm NZ time. Midday Sunday match, especially on a sunny day, would be suited to the suburban grounds in Sydney, such as Leichhardt/Brookvale/Kogarah etc. rather than the larger stadia. I could imagine a real family-type atmosphere for this timeslot.

There is a reason why Fox were very happy to can Saturday arvo footy at the end of 2002 (before being reintroduced late in 2013). The NRL may have got away with it if it was shifted one hour back to 4pm (with the other two Sat night games moved to 6 and 8pm respectively). Nevertheless, 13k or so at Newcastle on a Sat arvo, given the woeful form they are in, is nothing short of outstanding. Non-Knights fans who aren't from the Hunter just don't realise how deadset lucky the Knights are that they aren't getting less than 10k with the crap the team performances and the rubbish the administration/coaching staff/team selection personnel have been dishing out recently. 90+% of that 13k are the absolute diehards who don't want to concede yet that there are very serious problems within the team as a whole, and that continued mediocrity is tolerated. That 13k will soon drop to sub-10k if they don't get their act together.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Most on this forum would agree that more Sunday arvo games is what is required, but will never happen due to the tv networks. If more afternoon footy was on the cards, it'd HAVE to be on a Sunday.

Saturday 3pm was always going to be a problem with people working, kids sport and historically crap tv ratings. I was never a fan of it being reintroduced. Some of this forum are still trying to hold onto the nostalgia of the days when ABC used to broadcast Sat arvo football live around Australia (it was the only game of the round that pretty much got any tv coverage in the non-RL states). I would take a Sunday 12pm game (during the cooler months, from May onwards) anytime of the week over Sat arvo, but again, the tv networks would never agree to it unless it was the Warriors or a 2nd NZ NRL team playing a home game at that timeslot, which would be 2pm NZ time. Midday Sunday match, especially on a sunny day, would be suited to the suburban grounds in Sydney, such as Leichhardt/Brookvale/Kogarah etc. rather than the larger stadia. I could imagine a real family-type atmosphere for this timeslot.

There is a reason why Fox were very happy to can Saturday arvo footy at the end of 2002 (before being reintroduced late in 2013). The NRL may have got away with it if it was shifted one hour back to 4pm (with the other two Sat night games moved to 6 and 8pm respectively). Nevertheless, 13k or so at Newcastle on a Sat arvo, given the woeful form they are in, is nothing short of outstanding. Non-Knights fans who aren't from the Hunter just don't realise how deadset lucky the Knights are that they aren't getting less than 10k with the crap the team performances and the rubbish the administration/coaching staff/team selection personnel have been dishing out recently. 90+% of that 13k are the absolute diehards who don't want to concede yet that there are very serious problems within the team as a whole, and that continued mediocrity is tolerated. That 13k will soon drop to sub-10k if they don't get their act together.

I think saturday arvo is the best slot of the week and dont understand the whinging about it. Indeed when the next deal comes in i would like to see a game at 3pm and one at 4pm on another channel on fox or FTA. Who cares if tje game overlap, most people will tend to watch their own team anyway

POPEYE

Coach
I think saturday arvo is the best slot of the week and dont understand the whinging about it. Indeed when the next deal comes in i would like to see a game at 3pm and one at 4pm on another channel on fox or FTA. Who cares if tje game overlap, most people will tend to watch their own team anyway

F**k the purists who like to watch every game, most people aren't the Rooster supporters who meet in a toilet

Dan Ginnane raises a good point - have 4-5 games there with a varying number of teams (not just SOU v WAR every season).

That will give a better gauge of RL support in WA. JMO

If the NRL really wants to test WA for RL support, give them 4/5 games involving the following:

Souths/Warriors
West Tigers/Titans
Cowboys/Penrith
Cronulla/Canberra
Broncos/Bulldogs

Take the unattractive sub 10k games and put them in WA. See the response then along with the annual Souths/Warriors game.

SLR

Broncos top of the table and couldn't crack 30k twice in row now againist Penrith and Manly. While the bottom of the table QLD Reds drew 25,841 and the Broncos 28,691 at the TOP of the table. Way too close considering where both teams are at top of the ladder and Brisbane being a league city.

SLR

Broncos top of the table and couldn't crack 30k twice in row now againist Penrith and Manly. While the bottom of the table QLD Reds drew 25,841 and the Broncos 28,691 at the TOP of the table. Way too close considering where both teams are at top of the ladder and Brisbane being a league city.

I would take those reds crowds with a grain of salt

I go to Henson at the Jets always have the same understated crowd each week. Hmmmm.

On another note, why do they even post the crowd figures?

mave

Coach
They have to post crowd figures....it saves you guys from finding other things to get all worked up over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts