What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well it's sunny, it's the most preferred time spot and its two Sydney teams so you'd hope it would be reasonable, not many excuses to use for this one.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just been discussing Perth on ch9, even Fittler can see there needs to be expansion to Perth and that it mAy need to be realised by mergers or reduction in existing clubs. Gould agrees, though if you suggested Penrith might be a club to give way I'm sure he'd change his tune lol.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just been discussing Perth on ch9, even Fittler can see there needs to be expansion to Perth and that it mAy need to be realised by mergers or reduction in existing clubs. Gould agrees, though if you suggested Penrith might be a club to give way I'm sure he'd change his tune lol.

Merge with Cronulla.. Isn't Perth the shark attack capital of the world?

alien

Referee
How about they play 5 random games at Leichhardt, Penrith or Brookvale next year and gauge rugby leagues interest in NSW?
I dont know what more the WARL can do than get 20k crowds year after year.

it's not just the location, but the ground. one is a nice modern stadium (perth), whilst the other is a pit of sewage (leichhardt oval)

Last edited:

alien

Referee
I have no doubt if Sydney had a stadium walking distance from Central Station, it'd also achieve a similar increase in crowds.

the sydney football stadium (allianz stadium) is within walking distance from central station

alien

Referee

mergers/joint ventures are too messy and folding clubs isn't a good idea but a couple of relocations from sydney would be ok

Perth Red

Post Whore
they should have the nrl nines tournament in perth 1 year in the near future

Just read that the new Burswood stadium will def be able to be configured to rectangular size with a 62,000 capacity. Apparently takes 12 hours to do it. To give a sense of the investment in the stadium and surrounding infrastructure theyve just announced the footbridge to the ground over the Swan will cost $54million! It will be ready for action in March 2018.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-07/design-for-pedestrian-footbridge-revealed/6528134

Perth_Stadium.jpg

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Perth is absolute must and a very easy decision.

All this bullshit about not enough quality players is a joke.

Look at likes a Blake green , soliolio, Pat Richards. Etc

How good would NIB be for 9 games a year plus 3 blockbusters at the new stadium from 2018

seanoff

Juniors
Can't believe they are spending this amount of money for a stadium in a place like Perth.

Yeah. Its terrible. How can two clubs in a 40000 seat old shit stadium with waiting lists for membership possibly think they might need better facilities? I dont understand either. :crazy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can't believe they spent a billion dollars on a stadium for two AFL teams.

Thats what proper state Govts do, as well as decent roads, trains and hospitals.

World class entertainment centre, new Union centre of excellence, netball International centre of excellence, basketball centre of excellence, swiiming centre of excellence, $125mill on nib stadium, $1.2bill on large stadium. One day we will have a NRL team and we might get a RL centre of excellence!

Status
Not open for further replies.