What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Headline on news.com.au, some small petty individuals would rather exploit a tragedy to take a cheap shot at another code. I honestly can't fathom how such a tragic and poignant occasion can be used to one up the NRL, on the same night they went out of their way to express their sympathy & support for Phil Walsh and his family and the AFL community. It's unbelievably insulting to everyone. Some things you expect to transcend petty code war rubbish.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...in-walsh-tribute/story-fndv7pj3-1227427570808

An absolutely disgraceful article. You could also hear a pin drop at the Souths v Penrith game when people were paying their respects to a guy most had not heard of. The James Ackermann minutes silences at Suncorp and in Sydney were first class.

The louts at the MCG for Origin for all we know were Victorian dickheads.

Canard

Immortal
An absolutely disgraceful article. You could also hear a pin drop at the Souths v Penrith game when people were paying their respects to a guy most had not heard of. The James Ackermann minutes silences at Suncorp and in Sydney were first class.

The louts at the MCG for Origin for all we know were Victorian dickheads.

Just pettiness beyond reason.

This really reflects poorly on the AFL and it's media.

To compare the two events (which both happened in Melbourne) is ridiculous.

beave

Coach
I read that article last night and was sickened. Especially after what was shown at the Penrith game for someone who was not involved in the game of rugby league but a human being none the less who deserved a massive amount of respect.

Shame the same cannot be said of these journos and the dickheads on twitter.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah I just got goosebumps thinking of the minute silence for James Ackerman at Suncorp. Last night at Penrith the minute silence was flawless too, for their fallen coach.

Desperate journalists are such pests.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Some Herald Sun hack said:
Thankfully, respect was shown when it was needed most.

So what he's saying is that Ron Clarke didn't need respect, but Phil Walsh did?

Wow.

News Ltd continues to plummet.

After missing out last Monday I just got my GA ticket to the Dogs v Sharks game at Belmore for the 26th July. They have put the GA tickets up from $30 to $40.

Happy to pay this as a one off experience but I can't see people continuing to pay $40 to sit on the hill if they keep having a couple of games there every year.

Brutus

Referee
Yeah I just got goosebumps thinking of the minute silence for James Ackerman at Suncorp. Last night at Penrith the minute silence was flawless too, for their fallen coach.

Desperate journalists are such pests.

Another flawless silence at WIN Stadium tonight.

Well done RL crowds.

Diesel

Referee
the crowd is better than I tjought, weakened squads and vs Cows.

Minute silence was again done well

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thing is "good at Brookie" is still only about 13-14k. Never see 17 or 20k posted anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts