What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
This year they have 8 out of 12 home games on a Saturday and one other on a Friday. Both their home opener and finisher have been scheduled for Saturdays (Rounds 1 and 26 on this occasion no less)

I’m sick of the whinge when the cowboys get the odd Monday or in this case Thursday game. If they want to be part of this competition and more importantly a successful club then they are going to have to deal with the odd Monday home game and even more rarely a Thursday home game when they are going well.

You make out like no other club's fans complains about MNF and TNF?? Seems a bit disingenuous.

6pm kick-off on a Monday night is pretty rough however, and Thursday night is rough also.

Cowboys and Cronulla have ended up with the most MNF of all the clubs in the NRL this year (Home and Away).

Can you imagine the uproar if this happened to Brisbane, Souths or the Dogs??

yeah i understand they have supporters travelling from long distance but it's not like they should never get monday or thursday night games. the other clubs have to take a hit too. i wish the nrl would scrap thursday night football altogether though

Yes and every club is happy to have them aren't they?

Valheru

Coach
Yeah, you f**king genius fans from Cairns and Mackay. Who gives a shit if you have work or your kids have school the next day. Travel hours on a Thursday night to get to the game. Sooks.

Did you just completely ignore the amount of Saturday games the Cowboys have. Has any other club received two thirds of their games in their preferred slot? If you believe Brisbane prefer Sunday then I assume the answer is no.

We all understand the cowboys fans demographics and the NRL caters to it as best they can. Thursday night home games are a rarity in the extreme.

Fans from Cairns, Mackay etc. will have had no less than 8 opportunities to see their team at home on Saturday night by the completion of round 26, which is a great result. You know what else the Cowboys could do, take a game to Cairns!!

You make out like no other club's fans complains about MNF and TNF?? Seems a bit disingenuous.

Yes, I agree, but some cowboys fans seem to use the unique demographics as a reason why the cowboys should never host a weeknight game. They still get decent crowds on a Monday and from what I can see the disparity between Monday and Friday/Saturday crowds in Townsville is pretty close to the rest of the league. We should be doing our best to limit Monday night home games for every club.

johnny plath

Juniors
Did you just completely ignore the amount of Saturday games the Cowboys have. Has any other club received two thirds of their games in their preferred slot? If you believe Brisbane prefer Sunday then I assume the answer is no.

We all understand the cowboys fans demographics and the NRL caters to it as best they can. Thursday night home games are a rarity in the extreme.

Fans from Cairns, Mackay etc. will have had no less than 8 opportunities to see their team at home on Saturday night by the completion of round 26, which is a great result. You know what else the Cowboys could do, take a game to Cairns!!

Yes, I agree, but some cowboys fans seem to use the unique demographics as a reason why the cowboys should never host a weeknight game. They still get decent crowds on a Monday and from what I can see the disparity between Monday and Friday/Saturday crowds in Townsville is pretty close to the rest of the league. We should be doing our best to limit Monday night home games for every club.

I think they tend to overstate the uniqueness of their demographic as well. According to Townsville City Council, 192k people live in Townsville. That sounds like a decent enough local population to still draw a crowd on a Monday or Thursday night. Sure cowboys represent the NQ region, but Townsville is no backwater swamp where you can't see your neighbour, biggest city in Queensland outside of the southeast corner.

Canard

Immortal
I think they tend to overstate the uniqueness of their demographic as well. According to Townsville City Council, 192k people live in Townsville. That sounds like a decent enough local population to still draw a crowd on a Monday or Thursday night. Sure cowboys represent the NQ region, but Townsville is no backwater swamp where you can't see your neighbour, biggest city in Queensland outside of the southeast corner.

Demographic is the key word though.

Unlike Sydney or even Brisbane a large part of the population are FIFO or Armed Forces workers, who aren't always resident in the City itself.

Facts are MNF crowds are drastically down on there season averages by around 5k or so.

But yeah, I look forward to no other clubs fans every complaining about MNF or TNF from now on.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Totally against Monday Night & Thursday Night Football. Although a Season Ticket holder at Penrith will not go on principal. People have to work the following day and kids go to school.

People are making some serious profits on ebay with origin 3 seats. Geez.

Two Bronze ($80 seats) selling for $560!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Stat...33?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4d34847e65

Nrl peeps will be like sick lets overcharge them more next year.

SOO is an event. The NRL should maximise their revenue by selling seats at prices as high as they can so long as they still get a sellout.

GF's on the other hand should have a decent amount of reasonably priced seats to ensure that the club members can afford to go and support the clubs that have made the GF.

f**k that. The third NRL option is to charge people ridiculous prices right up until its obvious that anyone who can afford them has already bought and then flog the rest off cheaper and cheaper until they sell. There's no way it can fail damnit.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Won't the NRL cancel that ticket if they see it? The guy didn't hide any information.

Sometimes they do yeah! But I don't think they will if they put it on as a bidding auction, only if they start it off with a ridiculous buy it now etc. Most of these they would just let go, because they seem like genuine "cannot attend" cases. I still would never show the details of the tickets like they have.

I had two extra seats to game three in 2011 and sold them on eBay, ended up with a $450 profit. I listed the auction as "Queensland beanie with two free state of origin 3 tickets".

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
SOO is an event. The NRL should maximise their revenue by selling seats at prices as high as they can so long as they still get a sellout.

GF's on the other hand should have a decent amount of reasonably priced seats to ensure that the club members can afford to go and support the clubs that have made the GF.

You clearly missed the game one ticketing fiasco. Along with the amount of extra promotion they had to do just to get tickets moving.

It was always a luxury event price wise, now it is just crazy.

cleary89

Coach
A game 3 decider is always going to be worth more. Heck, I even weighed up the option of flying up for a night when I almost didn't even bother going to ANZ.

insert.pause

First Grade
Headline on news.com.au, some small petty individuals would rather exploit a tragedy to take a cheap shot at another code. I honestly can't fathom how such a tragic and poignant occasion can be used to one up the NRL, on the same night they went out of their way to express their sympathy & support for Phil Walsh and his family and the AFL community. It's unbelievably insulting to everyone. Some things you expect to transcend petty code war rubbish.

THAT’S HOW YOU DO MINUTE’S SILENCE: Fans’ perfect tribute

AFL fans paid Phil Walsh the highest honour tonight, with a tribute so hushed, so respectful that “you could hear a pin drop”.
The AFL community has been rocked by a wave of emotion today after news of the tragic death of Adelaide Crows coach.
In what has been described as one of the toughest days in the history of the AFL, an overwhelming show of support has been directed towards the Adelaide Football Club, which now faces the challenge of dealing with the remainder of the season without its head coach.
Hawthorn and Collingwood drew the difficult task of playing in the first match since the 55-year-old’s death and seized the opportunity to show the ultimate sign of respect.
In a packed MCG, you could have heard a pin drop on the grass during the pre-game minute’s silence tribute.

Players stood arm-in-arm in the middle of the field, some with very heavy heads as they remembered a man who had been involved in nearly half of the nation’s football clubs throughout his 32-year playing and coaching career.
Not a single crowd member remained seated during the tribute, as fans recognised the generous impact Walsh had on the football community — the eerie silence a sign of their sincere condolences.

“You could hear a pin drop, so respectful,” commentator Bruce McAvaney said.

The moment was a stark contrast to the performance put in by rugby league crowds a few Wednesdays ago, but the less said about that the better.
However, the NRL also showed their support for Walsh’s family and the AFL community with a minute’s silence prior to the Round 17 opener between the Penrith Panthers and South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Thankfully, respect was shown when it was needed most.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...in-walsh-tribute/story-fndv7pj3-1227427570808

Chook Norris

First Grade
They talk about 'respect' but using something so irrelevant to Walsh's death to stir up more drama for views is the definition of disrespect, shame on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts