What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only one thing to say...

u0FPaWq.png

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Putting in some numbers on the remaining games this season, i cannot see the final average being much more than 15k. Probably finish something like 15,300. If the ARL don't see the message in the consecutive years of decreasing crowds then they are blind and stupid.

Dramatic change needed in scheduling and ticketing for any sort of increase in coming years and i don't think they are brave enough to make any football decisions instead of revenue decisions.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Currently sitting on 15,088. Heading for the lowest since 2004. I guess money can't buy you everything!

mattyg

Bench
I was a big fan of Todd Greenburg getting a gig at the NRL but honestly think he has done nothing since getting involved. The refs have gotten worse, crowds have gone down and now he knee jerks to everything the media says. It's like his ego is more important than the game the way he always puts himself out in the media to say the game is growing etc etc but really everyone can see we are going backwards. I'm a dogs fan and it may be a gripe about the way he handled good friday though but can anyone else see this? I'm just pissed off that he threatened us with the loss of points and said we need to clean up crowd behaviour when he was the one in charge of this during his time at the club. It's not as if we changed anything to make it worse. He just wanted his face on TV agreeing with what the media said to make himself look good.

Canard

Immortal
Putting in some numbers on the remaining games this season, i cannot see the final average being much more than 15k. Probably finish something like 15,300. If the ARL don't see the message in the consecutive years of decreasing crowds then they are blind and stupid.

Dramatic change needed in scheduling and ticketing for any sort of increase in coming years and i don't think they are brave enough to make any football decisions instead of revenue decisions.

I expect a couple of blockbusters created by the finals race leading up the last round

But the scheduling of some of them on Thursday isn't going to help.

POPEYE

Coach
Rugby League is being f**ked over by Origin when it should be enhanced by it, the last thing supporters of the game want to be is confused . . . ripped off, disappointed but never confused

The scheduling of blockbusters on Thursday nights as a rights agreement is being negotiated is no bad thing. It may cost us a few thousand at the gate in 2015, but if it produces some blockbuster ratings that give us some leverage in getting a better (financially, and with more control over the draw) agreement that can't be a bad thing. Every little bit helps, I have no doubt there will be some great TV numbers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I guess it's starting to show that the NRL values TV ratings and the associated $$ over large crowds.

I guess it's starting to show that the NRL values TV ratings and the associated $$ over large crowds.

Starting to show? It's been evident for 10 years and is what makes this thread with it's constant claims of "code in crisis!" and "something must be done!" regularly and relentlessly hilarious.

A bunch of nuffies getting themselves into an absolute lather about crowds when the NRL really don't care that much.

insert.pause

First Grade
More lame excuses as to why people don't go to games, when we had a floating schedule everyone whinged and blamed it for poor crowds, we have now had a fixed draw for 3 years and crowds have gotten worse, it's always the next excuse to hide the fact that people aren't going to games because the experience isn't as good as watching on TV. As the TV coverage has become more and more pervasive there is little left in the live game experience to compete with it, and it's snowballed, as more and more people desert the stadiums any atmosphere that could hope to compete with TV is lost.

POPEYE

Coach
Starting to show? It's been evident for 10 years and is what makes this thread with it's constant claims of "code in crisis!" and "something must be done!" regularly and relentlessly hilarious.

A bunch of nuffies getting themselves into an absolute lather about crowds when the NRL really don't care that much.

The people that care the least are the people broadcasting League, filling seats doesn't do them any good, less people at the game means more watching add laden pre/during/after game bullshit. Paint the seats different colours and be done with it, no-one cares where the money's coming from . . . could even play recordings of Origin crowds at every game for 'atmosphere'

lockyno1

Post Whore
More lame excuses as to why people don't go to games, when we had a floating schedule everyone whinged and blamed it for poor crowds, we have now had a fixed draw for 3 years and crowds have gotten worse, it's always the next excuse to hide the fact that people aren't going to games because the experience isn't as good as watching on TV. As the TV coverage has become more and more pervasive there is little left in the live game experience to compete with it, and it's snowballed, as more and more people desert the stadiums any atmosphere that could hope to compete with TV is lost.

What do you expect when rugby league puts ZERO effort into game day experience? I mean seriously we are in the 21st Century, people want more than just the game itself. It should always be an event. Penrith do this better than most team actually. Put on a pre match, do some form of half time entertainment, could be something silly like a sack race. Just something, it isn't hard.

insert.pause

First Grade
What do you expect when rugby league puts ZERO effort into game day experience? I mean seriously we are in the 21st Century, people want more than just the game itself. It should always be an event. Penrith do this better than most team actually. Put on a pre match, do some form of half time entertainment, could be something silly like a sack race. Just something, it isn't hard.

So a sack race is going to bring thousands back through the gate?

Most clubs already put gimmicky crap on, people still don't show and those that do ridicule the gimmicky 'entertainment' as not being good enough.

Atmosphere is the key to a fan experience they can't get watching on TV, it's the primary reason for attending a sporting event you could otherwise watch at home or at the pub, but you can't get it unless people get to games in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts