What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hey VOR Sunday will be a lot of fun with a crowd of 30,000.... Lets hope Canberra can muster up maybe 12k, that would be so amazing in their cesspit of a stadium.

#Prayforcanberra

Hey VOR Sunday will be a lot of fun with a crowd of 30,000.... Lets hope Canberra can muster up maybe 12k, that would be so amazing in their cesspit of a stadium.

#Prayforcanberra

30k is poor for 1st place team on a Sunday afternoon, can't spin it any other way. It's poor for a one team rugby league town of 2 million to get such low attendance being top of the ladder. You think Bronco supporters would come out en mass now there top of the ladder. Why not SLR, what the excuses this time?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have any sports crowds grown over the last decade? Afl averaged more in 1996 than they did last year, the Aleague averaged more in 07/08 than it did last year and rugby union crowds are almost half of what they were a decade ago. All we hear about are our crowds are falling when they have held on more than the other codes over the last 10 years.

Afl's decline is primarily due to their two expansion clubs. Between 2004 -2011 their crowds were on the up, they then dropped when gws and suns entered and are now climbing again. They bottomed out in 2012 but have climbed each season since. They will be boosted again when the two Perth clubs move to the bigger stadium.

Not sure on S15 hard to find their figures accurately. I know Force have dropped considerably from their first few years but they've been a bottom team since inception.

Our crowds peaked 2005, dropped a bit for 3 years, peaked again in 2010 sat at a decent level for 3 seasons and have been dropping since.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
30k is poor for 1st place team on a Sunday afternoon, can't spin it any other way. It's poor for a one team rugby league town of 2 million to get such low attendance being top of the ladder. You think Bronco supporters would come out en mass now there top of the ladder. Why not SLR, what the excuses this time?

:roll:

Raiderdave

First Grade

Oh dont worry
The pants shitter & his dickless mates.. voice of absurdity .. & elbonkers
Will make something up :lol:
Reasonable.. well thought out excuses
Like it being far too hot ..at night:?:sarcasm:

:lol:

beave

Coach

I can't believe I'm about to defend the team I despise most but.......

If you think that the Liverpool friendly and the Rugby Union test all on the same weekend won't have an effect on the Broncos crowd Sunday then you are living in a fantasy world.

And those in glass houses and all, NQ crowds have been pretty average this season, it's not like you can bag out other teams crowds when our own haven't exactly been turning up en masse themselves.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I still think a much better push of ticketed memberships is the way to go. In our desire to brag about membership growth we seem to have lost sight of one of the main purposes which is to get people to games, only ticketed memberships do this. If you've already paid your much more likely to turn up. Maybe some centralised work by the NRL on ticketing memberships, reciprocal agreeents, value add by the NRL for all ticketed memberships etc could be tried? Instead of charging an arm and leg for sideline seat memberships make them the same price as you'd pay for GA at the gate over the course of a season. Hell maybe the NRL could use some of its squillions to subsidise for a few years until we build a culture of attending games?

#Prayforcanberra

Canberra get 12k? Are they playing twice this weekend??

Love the hashtag. Would look great on a T-shirt.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm about to defend the team I despise most but.......

If you think that the Liverpool friendly and the Rugby Union test all on the same weekend won't have an effect on the Broncos crowd Sunday then you are living in a fantasy world.

And those in glass houses and all, NQ crowds have been pretty average this season, it's not like you can bag out other teams crowds when our own haven't exactly been turning up en masse themselves.

To be fair to the Cowboys, a team I don't despise, they are averaging 16-odd thousand this year, aren't they? Best average since 2009 if they maintain it. Good effort, methinks.

Oh dont worry
The pants shitter & his dickless mates.. voice of absurdity .. & elbonkers
Will make something up :lol:
Reasonable.. well thought out excuses
Like it being far too hot ..at night:?:sarcasm:

:lol:

Did you go last Friday night?

:roll:
Seriously. This wanker has an excuse for every game
This pathetic dribble above does not explain a table topping side.. the only side in the NRL in a city of over 2 million struggling to top 30k For most games .. When up against nothing
Does it spastic ?

Hmmm. The majority of Broncos games this season have been a minimum of 4k over 30k. "Struggling to top 30k". Your numeracy must be even worse than your evident literacy. #PrayForCanberra #6015 #LowerTwoBandsNAPLAN

Last edited:
Another good crowd in the capital of PNG for the Nines that won't be bettered by a crowd capital of Australia this weekend.

6619468-3x2-700x467.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts