What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

Billythekid

First Grade
I'd like to see a bigger crowd for that matchup but honestly 19K for the roosters against an out of town team is about as big as you can expect realistically. It's certainly not a great crowd but it's alright IMO. The sharks crowd was also not too bad but considering it was 2 Sydney clubs it's not exactly mind blowing.

The souths dogs game though was woeful, if we're serious about bringing up crowds games like this need to draw much bigger crowds. The NRL need to go back to the drawing board in the off season and work out what they need to do to improve crowds, it had been an average year.

Souths have had their premiership and all their fans (which are mostly bandwagoners) have stopped going to games. Pathetic club.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Brooky will be a ghost town today. Very solid saturday when you consider the season average, honestly thought saturday and friday night looked bigger than reported.

Today neither game will break 10k, melbourne most likely will but not by much.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I know its grey. But you would want manly to get a full house today

Not looking great at the moment. But 40 min till kick off

ouwet

Bench
The souths dogs game though was woeful, if we're serious about bringing up crowds games like this need to draw much bigger crowds. The NRL need to go back to the drawing board in the off season and work out what they need to do to improve crowds, it had been an average year.

I agree... However it was woeful from South Sydney!

The crowd at best for them was 50/50 split... Not many NRL games get 13,000 opposition fans to an away game!

South Sydney were in the Top 4
Premiers
Playing the GF replay
Beautiful Friday day/night
They were coming off an impressive win over the Cowboys in Townsville

South Sydney, Pride of the League is a myth...

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

The crowd at best for them was 50/50 split... Not many NRL games get 13,000 opposition fans to an away game!

Premiers
Playing the GF replay

Not going on an attack here. As I do agree the Souths support is fairly fabricated. However, Bulldogs members allowed in and its the Bulldogs home ground too...?

ouwet

Bench
Not going on an attack here. As I do agree the Souths support is fairly fabricated. However, Bulldogs members allowed in and its the Bulldogs home ground too...?

It's irrelevant... Many people won't go because it's not their own seats (Fickle, but that's RL supporters for you)! Tiger's brought a few hundred to our home game earlier in the year... Good Friday South Sydney bought tops 8-10K to the game (Public Holiday).

Also as far as I’m aware it’s only for full season ticket holders who are allowed the privilege… How many of the 18,000 or 19,000 members for the Dogs are full season ticket holders? We don't claim to have 33,000 members (Or whatever it is).

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach

Premiers
Playing the GF replay

I don't know if you were there at the game or not, but I was and let me tell you it was not a 50-50 split as you suggest.

I applaud the dogs fans who showed up. But in my opinion the split was more like 75-25 in favour of Souths fans.

ouwet

Bench
I don't know if you were there at the game or not, but I was and let me tell you it was not a 50-50 split as you suggest.

I applaud the dogs fans who showed up. But in my opinion the split was more like 75-25 in favour of Souths fans.

LMFAO:lol:

Frailty

First Grade
I always love the Souths fans talk of crowd splits at games.

Always 75-25 in favour of Souths.

Latest posts