What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Rain doesnt usually bother me, been to a few early season games in NQ that would make Noah reach for a saw and hammer. Was gonna go tonight but f$&@ that, been a miserable day and looking at the radar its gonna get a shit tin worse. nice hot bonox and a doona tonight for me I think.

Suitman

Post Whore
Severe thunderstorm warnings out now for Brisbane area.
Some parts north of the city have had over 130 mm's in the past 90 minutes.
That's insane rain.

Suity

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Rain doesnt usually bother me, been to a few early season games in NQ that would make Noah reach for a saw and hammer. Was gonna go tonight but f$&@ that, been a miserable day and looking at the radar its gonna get a shit tin worse. nice hot bonox and a doona tonight for me I think.

I prefer rain to humidity. HOWEVER.

Boondall (North Brisbane) to Beerburrum has has 130mm this last hour including 90mm in half an hour - unprecedented amounts of rain. This thunderstorm is moving south and will probably make it to the CBD which has remained not too bad (44mm since 9am).

Southern Suburbs have been creamed too.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just bring your flippers and snorkels, this could beat the Souths/Cronulla game as the most hilarious game of the season!:lol:

Part of me is actually excited! Housemates and I are going - with no phones or wallets, will be good.

PS anyone else going - level 7 will be open. Go up and sit in section 721 or 722, good centreline view.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Live halfway between Brisbane and the Sunny Coast. Yeah, it's not getting any better.

I'm on a sloped street and the road on either side looks like something you'd see from a water slide.Can barely see anything beyond the end of the street too.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Whoever is going tonight deserves a medal and I hope Phil Gould gets drenched on the sideline, will be priceless

Suitman

Post Whore
Any chance of it being cancelled if those types of rain rates keep up?
What's the drainage like?
*cue the pics of a flooded Suncorp*

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Why no phones and wallets???

That rain sounds full on, it's almost as wet as a dry winters day in NQ.........

Take Iphone's away from a bunch of 24 year olds and you get the banter back. Will just get drenched and iphone will die.

I live so close to Suncorp we all leave the wallets behind so we don't impulse buy $35 hotdogs.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Any chance of it being cancelled if those types of rain rates keep up?
What's the drainage like?
*cue the pics of a flooded Suncorp*

Suncorp said on Facebook I will continue but as we speak this is getting crazy, could change!

Tonight's ANZAC Test between Australia and New Zealand is proceeding as scheduled. The first of the curtain-raisers will now be played elsewhere meaning gates will open at the later time of 5pm. The Jillaroos v Ferns womens game will kick-off at 5.20pm and the Test at 8pm. We will keep you posted on other news during the day.

https://www.facebook.com/SuncorpStadium?fref=ts

beave

Coach
Tip for young players taking smart phones to the footy in the rain.

Put your phone in a ziplock sandwich bag.......

You're welcome ;-)

IDQ65126.gif

For people in the
Wide Bay and Burnett,
Southeast Coast and parts of the
Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:19 pm Friday, 1 May 2015.
Synoptic Situation:
A surface low is expected to deepen near Fraser Island and move southwards along Queensland's south coast during the evening and overnight. The low is supported by a strong upper trough moving across the southern Queensland. The upper trough together with the low will move away from the south coast during Saturday.
Heavy rain, which may lead to flash flooding, is expected over areas of the southeast corner, from about Bundaberg to Dalby to Stanthorpe. Further falls of 50 to 150mm are likely, with isolated falls between 200 to 300mm possible, mainly about the coast and with thunderstorms.
Currently, the heaviest rain is located near the Caboolture area, where falls of more than 80-90mm have been recorded in the last hour. Falls of between 100mm to 200mm have been recorded around the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay Regional Council since yesterday.
The heavy rain areas should contract towards the Gold Coast later tonight and are expected to move off the Gold Coast during Saturday morning.

Suitman

Post Whore
That has been updated.

for HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of the
Sunshine Coast,
Brisbane City and
Moreton Bay Council Areas.

Issued at 3:53 pm Friday, 1 May 2015.

The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:45 pm, very dangerous thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Caboolture, Peachester, Landsborough, Crohamhurst, Maleny and Montville. Very dangerous thunderstorms are forecast to affect Strathpine, Kallangur, Wamuran and Mapleton by 4:15 pm and Aspley, Albany Creek, Brighton, Lake Samsonvale, Beachmere and Palmwoods by 4:45 pm.

Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding. Rainfall totals of more than 100mm per hour have been recored in the area.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.

The next warning is due to be issued by 4:50 pm.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219
1300 659 219. The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

IDQ65621.gif

Canard

Immortal
Take Iphone's away from a bunch of 24 year olds and you get the banter back. Will just get drenched and iphone will die.

I live so close to Suncorp we all leave the wallets behind so we don't impulse buy $35 hotdogs.

Fair enough, I though you meant for some issue to do with Rain!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone that goes to the footy tonight deserves a medal, I had tickets to go in but I'm more worried my house from flooding. It's really starting to piss down stay safe everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.