What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Love this thread...

People that never attend an NRL game all year, whinging about people not attending an NRL game...

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I was stalking ticket sales all day and there were next to none.

Such a shame, I was hoping for 40,000 as a pass.

Friday would have been 43k plus for sure.

The amount of no-shows was incredible! Surely they would have sold at least 39,000...

I left at 65minute mark, cant believe how filthy hot that was, absolutely disgusting.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
36057. Thought it would be a bit more playing the premiers and the return of Wayne.

Weren't you keenly defending the 27k rubbish for last season's opener between Souffs and the Roosters?

Like SLR, I left a touch early: it was a school night and I had a year 4 with me. She did well to get to that point. And yes, it was stinking hot. Certainly not jersey weather. Certainly not weird half-synthetic odd-bandana-that-they-were-handing-out-at-the-gate weather either.

The temporary Burrow was loud, so the Brissie-based Souths fans should be proud of that.

And a Collingwood, to answer an earlier question, is what AFL-types like Big Phil get when stalking crowd threads and code wars. As in: "Big Phil read that there was a lower than expected crowd for the Titans game when the Suns were playing. He temporarily sported a Collingwood, until remedied by some Hawthorn."

Something like that.

insert.pause

First Grade
bloody hot night and very uncomfortable sitting in the stands, had I not already bought tickets I wouldn't have bothered after today's heat.

36k on a Thursday night 7.05pm kick-off was ok, would have drew another 10k on a Friday. The NRL need to look at marketing the opening game more as an event, tickets didn't even come on sale until two weeks ago.

There's a reason 9 love thursday's and it's because people don't go out.

Raiderdave

First Grade
a rubbish crowd

plain n simple
the heat had nothing to do with it either as most people had bought their tickets weeks ago & would have had no idea it of what the weather would have been like.
anyone saying it was good ... is just polishing a turd.
40K was the pass mark
46,057 would have been a good crowd

Broncos fail ... again

Canard

Immortal
Schedule that game against the Cowboys, like they used to, and it's 45k.

The NRL decided they want a soft opening though, so be it.

Snappy

Coach
The people bitching and moaning need to remember that last years opening game in Sydney only got 27k. Thursday night is the problem and the reason me and my boy wernt there.

oikee

Juniors
Lol at Raiderdave. Polishing turds, that's Bennett's 'job'.
He has a pub-team in which he has to try and turn into a team of polished turds.

It was a good night. Very hot, and talking about polished turds, that is how my hotdog for 8 dollars fifty looked.
They should sack that catering mob who are robbing other stadiums fans to pay for the MCG lower food prices. We being ripped off.

The crowd was kept quiet by the Rabbits who gave the Bronco's a schooling.
The biggest cheer on the night went to Buck, after he got excited because we scored a try.

2 hours 15 down by bus, 2 hours 45 home. So 5 hours travelling . Tell you what, Brisbane traffic is pathetic.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Lol at Raiderdave. Polishing turds, that's Bennett's 'job'.
He has a pub-team in which he has to try and turn into a team of polished turds.

It was a good night. Very hot, and talking about polished turds, that is how my hotdog for 8 dollars fifty looked.
They should sack that catering mob who are robbing other stadiums fans to pay for the MCG lower food prices. We being ripped off.

The crowd was kept quiet by the Rabbits who gave the Bronco's a schooling.
The biggest cheer on the night went to Buck, after he got excited because we scored a try.

2 hours 15 down by bus, 2 hours 45 home. So 5 hours travelling . Tell you what, Brisbane traffic is pathetic.

That was actually pretty loud too.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That crowd last night was better than I thought, considering on TV it didn't look like much and forgot we're still an hour ahead of them

This crowd would've been better on a Friday night and later in the year, but not saying the crowd was bad last night.

Should be a bumper crowd tonight.

morley101

Juniors

Dogs Of War

Coach
That crowd last night was better than I thought, considering on TV it didn't look like much and forgot we're still an hour ahead of them

This crowd would've been better on a Friday night and later in the year, but not saying the crowd was bad last night.

Should be a bumper crowd tonight.

They probably should have been swapped around, as it's easier to fill Parra stadium than Lang Park. Anyway bought my Titans membership to go with my Bulldogs membership. Titans hopefully put on a good show against the Tigers.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just looked at the ticket map for tonight. There looks like 500 seats left, if that. Will be awesome.

oikee

Juniors
Thinking about last night and what was missing. No kids hardly or families.
The bus that i was on had two young kids and all the rest were grey nomads.
At the stadium i never heard a kid shouting all night. Plenty of young fluff in short shorts, and stacks of rabbits fans.
It was a really good night,,, hot,, sweaty,,, and the crowd was excellent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts