What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
The return of NRL drew a strong crowd in Sydney and Brisbane last night with total audiences in 2 cities upstaging other shows airing in 5 cities.
NRL pulled 653,000 in 2 cities however there were another 76,000 viewing a GEM simulcast coded separately in 2 cities.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/03/nrl-kicks-off-for-nine-but-seven-takes-thursday.html

That's amazing figures considering its not shown on the main channel outside NSW and QLD.

In Sydney the game all but matched the figures watching MKR (the no1 rating show in the country), and in Brisbane it surpassed.

Unfortunately for crowds, I think this will mean TNF may be here to stay in future TV deals.

pHyR3

Juniors
That's amazing figures considering its not shown on the main channel outside NSW and QLD.

In Sydney the game all but matched the figures watching MKR (the no1 rating show in the country), and in Brisbane it surpassed.

Unfortunately for crowds, I think this will mean TNF may be here to stay in future TV deals.

thursdays is better than monday imo

thursday, friday, sat 3pmx2, 5pm 7pm, sunday 3pmx2, 5pm. seems like a good schedule for the next deal i reckon. gotta simulcast everything though i reckon. split it up between FTA channels and give fox rights to simulcast all games.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors

Channel 9 has actually been playing ads in WA recently which is a 100% improvement, still a bit disappointed in the quality of the coverage however. I'm not sure how it looked on Channel 9 but it looked like it was filmed and telecast in 360p, not acceptable in this day and age.

oikee

Juniors
I loved it, and i am going next year for certain as well.
We got flogged. By the best team in the world.
We have some bigger derbies coming up against the Cows, and Canberra.
Plus we can also look forward to giving the Titans a touch-up.
All is good in Bronco land. :)

Canard

Immortal
Channel 9 has actually been playing ads in WA recently which is a 100% improvement, still a bit disappointed in the quality of the coverage however. I'm not sure how it looked on Channel 9 but it looked like it was filmed and telecast in 360p, not acceptable in this day and age.

They actually played ads here in Melbourne this week to my astonishment as well.

insert.pause

First Grade
...meanwhile in SA there's a complete blackout with the game only starting at 11:55pm, despite the fact there is a clear commitment in the broadcast rights deal to show it live.

oikee

Juniors
...meanwhile in SA there's a complete blackout with the game only starting at 11:55pm, despite the fact there is a clear commitment in the broadcast rights deal to show it live.

SA, ? any city that has two heads and both watch AFL is a city not worth talking about. Leave those two headed peoples to enjoy there own company.
My interest in this state is less than zero because they dont play any other sport. maybe a bit of soccer,

I am more interested in Perth.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Didn't Souffs vs Roosters at ANZ get 60K on a thursday night in round 26 of 2013? Or was that a friday game?

That Round 26 game was a Friday night, got almost 60,000 and was the game to decide the minor premiers.

The Round 1 game that year got just over 35,000 on a Thursday night season opener.

SA, ? any city that has two heads and both watch AFL is a city not worth talking about. Leave those two headed peoples to enjoy there own company.
My interest in this state is less than zero because they dont play any other sport. maybe a bit of soccer,

Basketball?
Cricket?

Last year's crowd was a disgrace with it being a 100+ year rivalry in 'heartland' only getting 27k. Roosters/Souths next Sunday afternoon no excuses for a big crowd. It's the most vaunted sunday afternoon soon that everyone craves so much, so show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts