What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Here's a radical suggestion! How about the NRL and/or Storm book it? Considering they have played Good Friday in the past.

Instead they are going to give a free kick to Rugby, and get swamped by the AFL on Easter Monday

oh wot utter crap
They played a friday night game in rnd 26 V the broncos up against an AFL final last year betwen yhe same 2 sides playing on easter monday

Whining wankers said theyd be swamped then too
They got 22K
And theyre up against an ordinary club game this time

Theyll fill AAMI to its capacity
15k kiwis wont gjve a stuff theres a bumbling victorian abortion being played next door for starters

Again
Sheesh :roll:

DC_fan

Coach
I agree both teams are in a period of sustained success with big crowds posted in the past 2 years, not to mention the rivalry! Both have also had dominant round 1 win so i would say 40k is the pass mark. Really it should be marketed as game of the round and trumpeted by our broadcast partners but i have seen bugger all so far.

It's Wednesday and I have seen zero publicity about the game. The NRL should be plastering the airwaves with adverts for the game. But as is the norm for the NRL they will leave it to the media to do the promoting. I suspect that come Friday and Saturday the Telegraph will give it heavy promotion.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos v Cowboys pax - 34,825.

Buying more next Thursday for work handouts.

I would have thought that if ANZ is selling into the 600s for Friday night they would be anticipating over 45k??

However, it seems that the 400's aren't even on sale yet/ have not sold!??

Parramatta supporter GA has sold out.

Canard

Immortal
oh wot utter crap
They played a friday night game in rnd 26 V the broncos up against an AFL final last year betwen yhe same 2 sides playing on easter monday

Whining wankers said theyd be swamped then too
They got 22K
And theyre up against an ordinary club game this time

Theyll fill AAMI to its capacity
15k kiwis wont gjve a stuff theres a bumbling victorian abortion being played next door for starters

Again
Sheesh :roll:

Well Ill be there regardless, already got my tickets.

I doubt it will be at "capacity" though, if it is the 30k would be fantastic.

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
Broncos v Cowboys pax - 34,825.

Buying more next Thursday for work handouts.

I would have thought that if ANZ is selling into the 600s for Friday night they would be anticipating over 45k??

However, it seems that the 400's aren't even on sale yet/ have not sold!??

Parramatta supporter GA has sold out.

400's are on sale now. Taken a while to get there though, i think

ouwet

Bench
Im talking about Parra Bulldogs. Cat two is selling in 627 row 13.

That should indicate that the 400s have been sold..

One side of 400's is for ANZ members and Bulldog corporates... The other side has Bulldog members and the rest I think might be reversed for Parramatta members (They get in for free)?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
One side of 400's is for ANZ members and Bulldog corporates... The other side has Bulldog members and the rest I think might be reversed for Parramatta members (They get in for free)?

Thats what i was thinking too- and for junior passes, if they are getting in for free??

Valheru

Coach
Marketing is another excuse, it's a 100+ year rivalry it speaks for itself. I expect Souths fans to show up on Sunday, don't know about the Roosters though hard to find even in there winning seasons.

The fact that the A-league Sydney derby has a better crowd attendence than Souths/Roosters is a indicement of the NRL if anything. An 100+year rivalry out-attended by a new rivarly from the gate.

Surely you aren?t comparing the 107 year averages of the roosters/souths games (well 105) with the 3 year averages of the SYD/WSW games? How about we do a like for like?

Sydney derby average since inception = 27052
Roosters/souths average in the same period ? 41603

The first Sydney derby was Oct 2012 so even adding the 2 matches from 2012 for roosters/souffs and you get an average of 31575.

Tell us more about how the Sydney derby is better attended than roosters/souffs.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Surely you aren?t comparing the 107 year averages of the roosters/souths games (well 105) with the 3 year averages of the SYD/WSW games? How about we do a like for like?

Sydney derby average since inception = 27052
Roosters/souths average in the same period ? 41603

The first Sydney derby was Oct 2012 so even adding the 2 matches from 2012 for roosters/souffs and you get an average of 31575.

Tell us more about how the Sydney derby is better attended than roosters/souffs.

Ill have to admit though...

Half of the Sydney derbies were played at Parra Stadium (?)- and ticket demand was insane.

I would also love to see what they could pull to ANZ stadium if both in top four...

Have all Rabbits and Roosters matches in that period been at ANZ and Allianz?

I AM NOT PRO A-LEAGUE!

Jamberoo

Juniors
Unless a game will draw 30K you don't need a larger stadium. If anything the smaller grounds (i.e. Penrith, Parramatta, Kograh, etc) need upgrading and add another 10K rather than playing at ANZ which is horrible or the SFS which is too big save for ANZAC Day.
Yes, but if you play at bigger stadiums with better facilities, that will help to build crowds.

pHyR3

Juniors
its also cheaper to build a world class stadium of 40k for 3 or 4 teams than upgrading 5 suburban crap holes to 30k of the same standard.

Dave smith wants it reasonably centrally located, with heavy rail and all of the usual facilities. probably around 35-40k.

you'll never be able to get all of that with leichardt or WIN stadium because of the location.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It also allows you to do ticket deals safe that you have the capacity to manage it. The NRL should have a Sunday afternoon blockbuster game at ANZ every week and make it free to all season ticketed members from any club. Its the only thing ANZ is good for.

Burns

First Grade
Imagine that the weather is going to turn alot of people people away. 30,000 plus was being expected.

Canard

Immortal
True a second Brisbane team in the comp would bump the average attendance easily. Replace Cronulla with Brisbane 2 the crowds would increase easily.

I support a Brisbane 2 team and think its long overdue. I mean what if a businessman from Hong Kong comes to Brisbane and want's to watch some faking football?

But it has to be done right, the Crushers last season they averaged 7000.

That isn't a replacement for Maitland Pumpkin Pickers let alone the Sharks or another NRL team.

ouwet

Bench
Guys just in... Free Public transport to all game at ANZ this year...

Source Bulldogs website!

Status
Not open for further replies.