What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagher

Juniors
Nothing wrong with the strategy.
Down here Hawthorn play 7 home games in Melbourne and 4 in Launceston. They give Melbourne members access to 4 away games which works well and these are usually some of their biggest crowds for the year. This is the 15th year of the arrangement.
It helps when you are winning of course.

Last night's crowd was as horrible as the match - the whole thing just missed the mark for some reason. They should have made the first Monday night a match that would draw a crowd.

Why Melb werent at home with no AFL on is bewildering.

beave

Coach
10 k, not bad for Monday.
The game itself was a bludger. Worst Monday nite game i have ever seen.
Both sides were too intense.

Bullshit.

Cowboys v Titans on the GC last year is the worst monday night game in the history of monday nights.

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
Do Parramatta members get in free to this game at ANZ?

Either way I was looking at ticketek... Cat 1 singles only... Cat 2 selling in level 6 (Category: Category 2 Reserved Section: 625-1 Row: 7 Seat/s: 35-38)...

Hopefully the weather holds out (Rain is forecast for the morning/early afternoon)... Could be a 40K+ crowd?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do Parramatta members get in free to this game at ANZ?

Yep - all Eels, Tigers, Dragons (certain types) and Souths members get into CBY home games against those respective clubs at the ground (and vice versa).

Burns

First Grade
Yep - all Eels, Tigers, Dragons (certain types) and Souths members get into CBY home games against those respective clubs at the ground (and vice versa).
Every club should do this, absolutely incredible.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Every club should do this, absolutely incredible.

This is one of the main arguements for stadium sharing in larger grounds...

ANZ and SFS all have swaths of empty seats for the majority of the season, free tickets to a select group (eg. away fans) would do a lot to boost membership and attendence without really damaging gate takings.

lockyno1

Post Whore
This is one of the main arguements for stadium sharing in larger grounds...

ANZ and SFS all have swaths of empty seats for the majority of the season, free tickets to a select group (eg. away fans) would do a lot to boost membership and attendence without really damaging gate takings.

Unless a game will draw 30K you don't need a larger stadium. If anything the smaller grounds (i.e. Penrith, Parramatta, Kograh, etc) need upgrading and add another 10K rather than playing at ANZ which is horrible or the SFS which is too big save for ANZAC Day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The ANZ is horrible argument is so old and tired. Fact is, it's where the biggest crowds are. End of.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Doggies and Eels should be around 32k-35k which is better than a kick in the face.

I don't think 40K this time around,not much hype in this game sadly.

insert.pause

First Grade
It's one thing for the NRL to schedule these big games but they need to follow it up with big advertising blitzes, by picking a select number of games throughout the season to target with advertising $$$ they could improve the attendance average reasonably comfortably.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's one thing for the NRL to schedule these big games but they need to follow it up with big advertising blitzes, by picking a select number of games throughout the season to target with advertising $$$ they could improve the attendance average reasonably comfortably.

Yep, they could have done some sort of deals like last season, to get people used to go to the footy with a big crowd and great atmosphere. I know the Bulldogs had a back to the 80's prices one against the Eels a few years ago. Loved it. $3 hotdogs and pies etc. Old players from both clubs at the game. These are the sorts of things that we should be doing on a weekly basis with one or two games that are thought to be above the rest in marketability.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL and clubs have yet to realise that if you expect people to pay $150 for a family day/night out they expect more than just 90mins of RL. Every game needs to be an entertaining event, regardless of the result.

DC_fan

Coach
If Souths v Roosters do not pull a minimum of 40,000 then there is something seriously wrong with our game.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If Souths v Roosters do not pull a minimum of 40,000 then there is something seriously wrong with our game.

I agree both teams are in a period of sustained success with big crowds posted in the past 2 years, not to mention the rivalry! Both have also had dominant round 1 win so i would say 40k is the pass mark. Really it should be marketed as game of the round and trumpeted by our broadcast partners but i have seen bugger all so far.

I agree both teams are in a period of sustained success with big crowds posted in the past 2 years, not to mention the rivalry! Both have also had dominant round 1 win so i would say 40k is the pass mark. Really it should be marketed as game of the round and trumpeted by our broadcast partners but i have seen bugger all so far.

Marketing is another excuse, it's a 100+ year rivalry it speaks for itself. I expect Souths fans to show up on Sunday, don't know about the Roosters though hard to find even in there winning seasons.

The big rivarly games such as Broncos/Cowboys, Bulldogs/Eels, Souths/Roosters should be 40k minimum as the benchmark. In particular, the historic rivalries there no excuses for Souths/Roosters to be up in highest attend ended game of the year.

The fact that the A-league Sydney derby has a better crowd attendence than Souths/Roosters is a indicement of the NRL if anything. An 100+year rivalry out-attended by a new rivarly from the gate.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not as dumb as scheduling them to clash with an blockbuster AFL game on Easter Monday leaving Good Friday, with no AFL, free.

this again :roll:

you were told when the draw came out
so again & pay attention this time

AAMI & Etihad are NOT ... that's ... NOT... available on Good Friday
so where would you play it

Goshens F'ing reserve ??

sheesh :crazy::crazy:

Canard

Immortal
this again :roll:

you were told when the draw came out
so again & pay attention this time

AAMI & Etihad are NOT ... that's ... NOT... available on Good Friday
so where would you play it

Goshens F'ing reserve ??

sheesh :crazy::crazy:

Here's a radical suggestion! How about the NRL and/or Storm book it? Considering they have played Good Friday in the past.

Instead they are going to give a free kick to Rugby, and get swamped by the AFL on Easter Monday

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Marketing is another excuse, it's a 100+ year rivalry it speaks for itself. I expect Souths fans to show up on Sunday, don't know about the Roosters though hard to find even in there winning seasons.

The big rivarly games such as Broncos/Cowboys, Bulldogs/Eels, Souths/Roosters should be 40k minimum as the benchmark. In particular, the historic rivalries there no excuses for Souths/Roosters to be up in highest attend ended game of the year.

The fact that the A-league Sydney derby has a better crowd attendence than Souths/Roosters is a indicement of the NRL if anything. An 100+year rivalry out-attended by a new rivarly from the gate.

We have pulled 40k to SFS v dragons on multiple occasions and in the times i have attended that game it has been close to 50-50 or we have brought larger numbers. As for the plastic a-league "derbies" i don't think it has gotten close to 60k yet as the bunnies and roosters did in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts