What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Membership Discussion

Danish

Referee
Imagine if the Broncos or NQ did that. We would both dwarf every other clubs membership.

If that is in fact happening at Souths than its pretty dodgy.

Well to be fair she said registrations came with a free souths junior membership... which could potentially be a membership to souths juniors rather than souths the NRL side. Although I am not sure if south juniors would have kid membrs given it is just a leagues club.

He did get a pack with souths stickers and what have you though so sounded like a kids membership to the football club.

Would hope that they don't count that sort of stuff

Well to be fair she said registrations came with a free souths junior membership... which could potentially be a membership to souths juniors rather than souths the NRL side. Although I am not sure if south juniors would have kid membrs given it is just a leagues club.

He did get a pack with souths stickers and what have you though so sounded like a kids membership to the football club.

Would hope that they don't count that sort of stuff

So you basically shoot off without actually knowing.

It's okay. Carry on.

EDIT : PS - I did it about Sharks earlier in the season and I certainly felt dumber for it once I had the facts post sook.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Imagine if the Broncos or NQ did that. We would both dwarf every other clubs membership.

If that is in fact happening at Souths than its pretty dodgy.

Isnt that what the reds do for every union junior in the state? Hence how they conjour up the complrte bs member numbers in recent years

Danish

Referee
So you basically shoot off without actually knowing.

It's okay. Carry on.

EDIT : PS - I did it about Sharks earlier in the season and I certainly felt dumber for it once I had the facts post sook.

I asked if anyone knows if they get counted or not. There is a very odd discrepancy between souths' membership numbers and their attendance figures which is out of line with all other clubs in the code, so netting thousands of extra members who aren't actually fans would go a long way to explaining it.

If a Souths fan in the know can confirm that they aren't Souths club memberships are are something else then I'll withdraw

Galeforce

Bench
So I found out today that in order to play in Souths junior leagues you have to sign up for a Souths junior membership with your rego - total cost $5.

Do those memberships count towards this 35000 total? If so that's pretty underhanded padding of the numbers

Why did you not ask your question from the person you found out this information? Instead you are willing to make an assumption casting doubt on Souths good performance without getting facts. shame on you , or should i just assume you are a typical hater.

Anyway , if you bothered to even check Souths site for some facts you would find the following in the membership section. What it means is that junior league players have the choice ( not forced to ) get a junior Souths league supporter membership , as per below details. the cost is $55 per year.

And if some bright sparks want to argue that a junior membership of $55 should not be counted in membership numbers , well all i will say is go and check your clubs website and you will find that some clubs charge a little more and you also get non reserved entry to all home games. i.e. those clubs are giving attendance $$ away. no wonder so many NRL clubs are struggling financially or need deep pockets.

JUNIOR LEAGUE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIP

The Rabbitohs Junior League Supporter Membership is the perfect way to show your support for your favourite Club!

Available exclusively to Junior League NRL* players and officials there is no better way to stay up to date with news and receive special Member only offers when you Play NRL and become a Member!

From just $3.75 per month for juniors~ and $5.42 per month for adults, Junior League Supporter Members receive the full Rabbitohs Membership kit as well as a range of other Member benefits.

Just enter your Junior League player/official number upon purchase to receive this great offer*.

INCLUSIONS

Adult Supporter Members receive a 2015 Rabbitohs Member travel mug
Junior~ Supporter Members receive Rabbitohs Member earphones
Exclusive entry to Member Events run by the Rabbitohs throughout the year
10% Member discount on Rabbitohs Merchandise
Digital Red & Green Magazine Subscription (one per household if hard copy requested)
Weekly Bunny Bulletin email & exclusive member communication
Member Co Membership (For Members aged 18yrs or over)
Member only sponsor benefits and ticket offers

Galeforce

Bench
I asked if anyone knows if they get counted or not. There is a very odd discrepancy between souths' membership numbers and their attendance figures which is out of line with all other clubs in the code, so netting thousands of extra members who aren't actually fans would go a long way to explaining it.

If a Souths fan in the know can confirm that they aren't Souths club memberships are are something else then I'll withdraw

Simple question , however you have been around this forum ong enough to know the answer to that . I am assuming you bother to read , because the same simple question has been asked by many , a lot of those asking , are the simple haters , who just want to keep finding argument points , so that they do not have to concede that Souths are doing a better job than their own clubs.

Anyhow , a simple response that assumes you are a simple knowledge seeker and not a hating , scumbag troll , drunk , toothless , shit for brain dope.

1) Souths have many members all over Sydney , who might not make it to ANZ Stadium but will watch on TV , or attend an away game when close
2) Souths have many members outside of Sydney , who do not make it to games in Sydney but might make games played in perth or Cairns or other team home games ( e.g. Titans) or watch on TV
3) souths have members overseas
4) Souths have members , who are also ANZ Stadium members , therefore they only get non ticketed memberships
5) Non ticketed membership is good for the game and supports Sponsorship interest. TV viewers is also the main source of income for NRL not attendance.
6) Souths membership drive has resulted in huge increase in merchandise sales and both of these contribute to Souths financial performance.
7) Souths have a high % of free to air night games ( thursday/friday/monday) i.e. they have TV appeal and this does have an effect on crowd........lots of family stay away from ANZ on night games which require travel across sydney peak hour.
However most of these points and more have been stated many times and only repeat dopes ignore them.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Have a snickers, galefarce.

Check that rubbish bin nearby, there might be half a bar dumped in there amongst the 472 bars of Vegemite chocolate.

Galeforce

Bench
Have a snickers, galefarce.

Check that rubbish bin nearby, there might be half a bar dumped in there amongst the 472 bars of Vegemite chocolate.

A shit for brain response.
What you had the choice to fart or type a response to show that you are alive. I suggest you just fart next time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Simple question , however you have been around this forum ong enough to know the answer to that . I am assuming you bother to read , because the same simple question has been asked by many , a lot of those asking , are the simple haters , who just want to keep finding argument points , so that they do not have to concede that Souths are doing a better job than their own clubs.

Anyhow , a simple response that assumes you are a simple knowledge seeker and not a hating , scumbag troll , drunk , toothless , shit for brain dope.

1) Souths have many members all over Sydney , who might not make it to ANZ Stadium but will watch on TV , or attend an away game when close
2) Souths have many members outside of Sydney , who do not make it to games in Sydney but might make games played in perth or Cairns or other team home games ( e.g. Titans) or watch on TV
4) Souths have members , who are also ANZ Stadium members , therefore they only get non ticketed memberships
5) Non ticketed membership is good for the game and supports Sponsorship interest. TV viewers is also the main source of income for NRL not attendance.
6) Souths membership drive has resulted in huge increase in merchandise sales and both of these contribute to Souths financial performance.
7) Souths have a high % of free to air night games ( thursday/friday/monday) i.e. they have TV appeal and this does have an effect on crowd........lots of family stay away from ANZ on night games which require travel across sydney peak hour.
However most of these points and more have been stated many times and only repeat dopes ignore them.

Well said mate, there are three game memberships as well.

I know people who get that as they live 8 hours away.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
A shit for brain response.
What you had the choice to fart or type a response to show that you are alive. I suggest you just fart next time.

Well, you do have shit for brains, so it was the only response available for you.
As for farting, I'll pass. There are enough lol@souffs memberships wafting around.

How's nemesis these days? Still living in the Maroubra car park?

Galeforce

Bench
Well, you do have shit for brains, so it was the only response available for you.
As for farting, I'll pass. There are enough lol@souffs memberships wafting around.

How's nemesis these days? Still living in the Maroubra car park?

You add nothing to the conversation , but troll crap. If that makes you feel important , good luck to you. enjoy your life , a wasted one. As i implied your farts have more value than your comments on this thread.

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach

Top response mate

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
You add nothing to the conversation , but troll crap. If that makes you feel important , good luck to you. enjoy your life , a wasted one. As i implied your farts have more value than your comments on this thread.

If my opinion is of so little value then why does it frustrate you so deeply?

People will always poke fun at sensitive self important types. The weird correlation that souffs fans seem to fit this description so often is simply something that the club could do well to identify and integrate into membership strategies.

For example, despite our relatively poor membership numbers and terrible on field performances and off field financial issues, tigers fans have a strong sense of humour. As a member for over a decade, it's what keeps me chucking money at them year after year, with the laughter growing more demented with each floptastic season and every false dawn.

Perhaps you are a model of what we shall become in 30 years or so.

I hope not. The world needs laughter, and the tigers certainly do a wonderful job providing it.

Galeforce

Bench

People will always poke fun at sensitive self important types. The weird correlation that souffs fans seem to fit this description so often is simply something that the club could do well to identify and integrate into membership strategies.

For example, despite our relatively poor membership numbers and terrible on field performances and off field financial issues, tigers fans have a strong sense of humour. As a member for over a decade, it's what keeps me chucking money at them year after year, with the laughter growing more demented with each floptastic season and every false dawn.

I hope not. The world needs laughter, and the tigers certainly do a wonderful job providing it.

at last you have stated something that makes sense. I like your response and can understand humour especially where there is also frustration. I also laugh at farts.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souths have deals with sponsors that mean if you buy a sponsors product you get free memberships etc. The juniors thing is true and they also have something with big league if you subscribe to it and tick you are a souths supporter you get a free membership.

Grant Mayer (tigers CEO) told this straight to me. Their numbers are incredibly inflated. As bad a 9k members are for the tigers he said everyone is paid for and generates revenue.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

You must be laughing at the way Luke Brooks spoke things up in the week!

You should beat the bye next week though:lol::lol: I know you'll be hoping so but it may be a bit tough:lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths have deals with sponsors that mean if you buy a sponsors product you get free memberships etc. The juniors thing is true and they also have something with big league if you subscribe to it and tick you are a souths supporter you get a free membership.

Grant Mayer (tigers CEO) told this straight to me. Their numbers are incredibly inflated. As bad a 9k members are for the tigers he said everyone is paid for and generates revenue.

That load of shit you just posted is hilarious:lol::lol::lol: