What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All Stars jersey looked better in the mock up, I liked the silver sublimation, but it's missing most of it in the real version. Indigenous would be better without the gold piping..

To be fair, the photo you've quoted is overexposed so the silver sublimation probably isn't as hard to see.

Tigers nines jerseys

Main
1z57k1w.jpg

Alternate
4j2t1v.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is 2 Nines jerseys really necessary?

Playing in the Hunua Pool alongside the New Zealand Warriors, Canberra Raiders and Gold Coast Titans, Wests Tigers will wear the Main black jersey against the Raiders and Titans and the Alternate orange jersey against the Warriors to avoid a colour clash.

Both jerseys will be worn with main black playing shorts and black socks.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014/12/09/wests_tigers_launch_.html

Zigwaa

Bench
Is 2 Nines jerseys really necessary?
And couldn't the Brydens logo be a bit higher so it doesn't cover the WT?

Maybe the jersey is reversable? So they turn it inside out for the alternate.

Not a fan of the sleeveless jerseys, or more accurately "guernseys".

Canard

Immortal
Playing in the Hunua Pool alongside the New Zealand Warriors, Canberra Raiders and Gold Coast Titans, Wests Tigers will wear the Main black jersey against the Raiders and Titans and the Alternate orange jersey against the Warriors to avoid a colour clash.

Both jerseys will be worn with main black playing shorts and black socks.

So in other words no its not necessary as the orange would not clash with any other clubs.

Gonna see a lot of torn singlets I reckon.

I give them one year before they fade into irrelevance.

Exactly, if you just have an orange jersey there's no need for an alternate.

Also, I wonder how the old magpie diehards feel about there being no sleeves :lol:

Maybe that's it, there'd be a lot of magpies whinging if our nines Jersey was orange and didn't have a sleeve with a magpie on it.

juro

Bench
All the players need to get tattoos of magpies on their arms instead

... assuming that space is still vacant

... which is a very big assumption!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
F*ck, i love the design though. The watermark design is stunning and it brakes up the pure colour nicely.

I personally dont mind the singlet idea, but christ those sleeves look awkward. Just a basic training shirt template would have worked (sure it would have given away an advantage, but its 9s. who cares about winning anyway...)